Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turning cheats on and off?

In sims 2 when you turn on a cheat like moveobjects on/off and any others, you had to be careful to make sure you turned them back off or it would corrupt your game. Is that also the case in sims 4? If I turn testingcheats on do I have to turn it back off? what about cas.fulleditmode? or any other?

Thanks

Comments

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don’t believe there is a way to turn off cas.fulleditmode. It turns itself off when you exit the game, I know that much.
    As for the other cheats, I don’t think they have the potential to corrupt your game if you leave them on. But I suppose since they are cheats, it’d be advised to stay cautious. I’ve never seen much of an issue from people leaving them on, and I know I’ve never had one myself and I never turn them off.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Thank you
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Don't worry about Sims 4, leaving cheats on, and your game getting corrupted. Not all the cheats will turn off, but most of them will automatically when your sim travels and there is the loading screen. As far as the ones that don't, they will automatically turn off when you end your game for the time being and will be off again when you start back up. I haven't had any issues with game corruption and cheats. I do though make sure I turn off the move objects cheat, and that one you have to be careful when using it in buy/build mode because some times it can causing routing issues.
    That is great. Thank you both so much.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    Cheats are supposed to turn off automatically? When I use the full CAS mode cheat it’s on whenever I load my game again.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I think they turn off automatically. I know if I turn on testingcheats to take my family into cas.fulleditmode, once I bring them back out, if I forgot something, I can't just type in cas.fulleditmode to get right back in. I have to type in the cheat mode, first.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    If I use MOO, I (generally) turn MOO off when done. Only because, when I forget and try to Hand of God a plate of food and miss the fridge and then I have a floating plate of food half hanging out the fridge.

But I have MCCC set to leave testingcheats on and cas.fulleditmode on, so I play every second of my game with that cheats enabled and my game is fine.

p8L4V6v.png
    Thank you, I have MCCC and will leave testingcheats on now...
  • ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    Once you close the game, the cheats automatically shut off. I don't think it does any damage to leave testing cheats on, and you can't really turn off cas.fulleditmode
    Even if you close the game, and open it again, with bb.moveobjects or testingcheats off, it won't change anything you did previously with those cheats turned on :smile:
    Happy simming! <3