Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever made a multi-generational family in cas?

I am about to make some sims. I am not sure if I will make 3 or 4 generations yet. but it got me thinking and wondering if others have done something similar
Happy Simming!♥

Comments

• larrylove12larrylove12 Posts: 499 Member
    Usually if I do that, I’m doing a no cheat family. So all the older members can help with money haha
    tumblr_ogtd5r3cOT1s3ulybo1_400.gif
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Is 4 generations in CAS actually even possible? As far as I know, you can't make young adults the children of adults in the familytree thing. There could only be three generations (elder, adult/young adult, teen/child/toddler). But I can be mistaken...It's literally years ago I made a multigenerational family in CAS myself.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Is 4 generations in CAS actually even possible? As far as I know, you can't make young adults the children of adults in the familytree thing. There could only be three generations (elder, adult/young adult, teen/child/toddler). But I can be mistaken...It's literally years ago I made a multigenerational family in CAS myself.

I tried last night but before I had the very last sim made my game said nope and crashed. I suppose I entered the twilight zone
    Happy Simming!♥
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    For those so inclined, one could create and put the sims in two or more separate households, use NRaas MasterController to Play With Genetics to manage the genetic bonds from the older sims down to the younger ones, and then its Family functions (MC Cheats module required for both) to connect them properly. And then combine the household, if that is wanted, by way of Edit Town or MC's Add Sim.

Not quite as convenient as doing this all in one Create a Household session, but the results should be the same without all the crashing and twilight zone stuff. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor actually I think this would be easier. else you would need to save each sim you make after you make them in cas in case the game yeets itself out of existance
    Happy Simming!♥
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I once made three ghost married couples. One were the parents of the wives of the other two. And then the grandparents of a pair is Sims I wanted to be cousins. Then I used Master Contiller to link them in thei family tree.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Yes. I have a multi-generational criminal family ready to go into Project Fenbury when it is finished. The widowed Granny is the Godmother of the family (nothing like a bit of role reversal), then there is Mum and Dad. Mum is an ex bar maid (mixologist) and Dad is still in the criminal career. Then there are twin teenage boys, one who wants to emulate Dad and the other wants to be a policeman. Finally there is the little girl, who looks as cute as can be, but is busy taking lessons from Granny ..... I do plan to have lots of fun with this crowd :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    I have done a 3 generations family only once in CAS on sims 3. It's the supernatural family from my signature. Ghost grandfather, his fairy son and witch daughter-in-law and his fairy granddaughter.
    futzSP4.jpg
    Nowadays, the grandfather is not a ghost anymore and lives on another house.

..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yep. I once created my teenagers boyfriends family, and he had both Grandparents and parents in there. Plus a little sister!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've made several 3 generation households, to populate custom worlds, not to play with myself.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I've made a few in the past. I have done a group with grandparents, a widowed daughter, (I ghosted her husband) their YA daughter and her YA husband, and a toddler and she immediately got preggers when the save started.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I've made a few in the past. I have done a group with grandparents, a widowed daughter, (I ghosted her husband) their YA daughter and her YA husband, and a toddler and she immediately got preggers when the save started.

I had a chuckle when i read you ghosted her husband
    Happy Simming!♥
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I have before, I don't really do it now. I like to start families with a couple or one YA sim.
  • RaymonarPicsRaymonarPics Posts: 23 Member
    I like to start families with one matriarch or patriarch. They find a spouse and have kids and so on. Right now I'm on Generation 9 with my 'Rockwell' family
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    When I'm starting a family, I usually go with two parents and one teen-aged child. I have made 3 generation families from time to time, but not often.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I think the most I have created in CAS was two generations. I prefer my babies born in game but I do occasionally place families in my towns as fillers.
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    I have a household with an elder 'grandma n grandpa', their ya daughter and her husband and twin boy/girl toddlers.