Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2019
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    You guys are funny. You all seem to know more about what is going in than the Sims team. Carry on...

lol, that made me laugh, true, but that's why we are in speculation. But truth be told no developers know exactly what will happen, either. There may be things planned, things already almost finished with any development team, and EA walks in and pulls plugs. There were all sorts of projects going on recently with other teams of other games with EA, and they ended them, stopped production and laid off employees. Teams never really know if a new game is ever really going to release, it may be set and be in production and EA ends it. That's why I say we will see. Maybe it's a few more years or not. Just the other day studios were closed and even a brand new game franchise was dumped.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    I definitely believe that there will be a sims 5 for the simple fact of advancements in technology (i.e. better graphics). I dont think that itll happen any time soon, i wouldnt think it would happen for at least another 4-5 years. They have sooo many more possibilities with the sims 4, I hope to see it fully fleshed out to give it the ending it really deserves before they move on.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2019
    I doubt The Sims Ultra HD will bring 4K textures because the current ones aren't even HD.
    Better graphics mean longer loading screens.

A beautiful bad game remains a bad game, BioWare's Anthem is beautiful but not fun at all.

The Sims need better character personality, better relationships and better social life.
  • pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    ...All Sims games come to an end. Happened 3 times before. It’s just part of playing this franchise. And if there’s any Sims game that deserves to be a part of this cycle more, it’s The Sims 4.

I’d be far more interested and inclined to buy into this franchise again when they develop a proper successor that starts off as a single player life sim continuing from TS2/TS3, with the best of both, and more.

I was completely invested in both the original Sims and Sims2... As Sims3 came out, I wasn't finished with the shenanigans I had laid out in my Sims2 game and there was no way to transition my messy little world into the new Sims 3 universe... So, although I eventually invested in the base Sims3 game, I didn't go "all in" as I had before and waited for the subsequent version before hopping on the "expansion & stuff pack" train.

I was really bummed when EA dropped Sims2 support. My system eventually crashed and although I still have the old hard-drive in my garage, I can't bring myself to buy a bare bones system to revive my old shenanigans...

The Sims 2 required online registration to install the expansion packs and without EA support, I never managed a work-around to install the rest of the Sims 2 universe in my new system. Bummer.

As far as being interested in Sims 5? Unless they make a way to transition an existing Sims4 character/family/household into Sims5 universe (similar to aging up) with all experience & associations intact... instead of generating mere next-version-look-a-likes in a pre-game Create-A-Sim that I know EA will toss out to generate hype among fans eager something fresh... I think I'll pass until Sims6 comes out... or my computer crashes.

Cheers!
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    pjericksim wrote: »
    As far as being interested in Sims 5? Unless they make a way to transition an existing Sims4 character/family/household into Sims5 universe (similar to aging up) with all experience & associations intact... instead of generating mere next-version-look-a-likes in a pre-game Create-A-Sim that I know EA will toss out to generate hype among fans eager something fresh... I think I'll pass until Sims6 comes out... or my computer crashes.
    Cheers!

There's only a few games that let you import choices made in the previous ones and those are nearly always RPGs. I don't think that asking for something like that is realistic.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Imagine what they can do with Sims 5 since it will only be 64bit for all PCs. By then most PCs will be high end.

TBF - they attempted to make The Sims 4 runnable for most computers even low end ones because TS3 was laggy for most users even ones with great computers. It is unpredictable on what they will do for system requirements
  • cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    Oh for fudge sake! TS4 has a lot of wasted space. Houses that can't be used, waterways that has no use. We don't need fancy stuff to look at. I could sit in front of my fish tank if all I wanted to do is look at pretty things. We need something to keep our interest. It seems like a few of you get this, or Am I the only one?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    cristill13 wrote: »
    Oh for fudge sake! TS4 has a lot of wasted space. Houses that can't be used, waterways that has no use. We don't need fancy stuff to look at. I could sit in front of my fish tank if all I wanted to do is look at pretty things. We need something to keep our interest. It seems like a few of you get this, or Am I the only one?

I 100% get it! It has been my biggest disappointment in an otherwise decent ep. It is fun to play - just annoys me to no end that I cannot plop down more homes and venues in this town. Backdrops do not belong in the middle of the map - period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    Thank you @Writin_Reg TS5 can be great If we all show our support for this.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I 100% get it! It has been my biggest disappointment in an otherwise decent ep. It is fun to play - just annoys me to no end that I cannot plop down more homes and venues in this town. Backdrops do not belong in the middle of the map - period.

Absolutely!! I can’t stand the block homes, ever, but it is the absolute worst when they are used inside the playable space. I find that so incredibly lazy.

Now that they are ending 32bit support they need to up the number of lots they’re giving us. The last two worlds weren’t that good. The strange world is mostly props. Bummer. It could have been a neat space, but it’s not. We get less and less control over these neighborhoods.. shame on management for allowing that to happen while players have consistently asked for more control over them.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Absolutely!! I can’t stand the block homes, ever, but it is the absolute worst when they are used inside the playable space. I find that so incredibly lazy.

Now that they are ending 32bit support they need to up the number of lots they’re giving us. The last two worlds weren’t that good. The strange world is mostly props. Bummer. It could have been a neat space, but it’s not. We get less and less control over these neighborhoods.. shame on management for allowing that to happen while players have consistently asked for more control over them.

So agree with this.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member

The "world" system in The Sims 4 is the worst ever. People just enjoy because you can travel between them... imagine if it was not possible? In the end of the day the "worlds" are full of set dressing and if we are in free camera mod the beauty just transforms in a cruel, ugly and fake reality. Worst idea ever!
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

The "world" system in The Sims 4 is the worst ever. People just enjoy because you can travel between them... imagine if it was not possible? In the end of the day the "worlds" are full of set dressing and if we are in free camera mod the beauty just transforms in a cruel, ugly and fake reality. Worst idea ever!

The worlds are not really worlds.They are files with lots save on them
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member

The concept of being able to travel to all the towns without losing your current relationships in the town you are leaving was awesome in my opinion. Actually, one of the few changes in the game with TS4 that I have liked. I have often wanted to take my sim to another town in TS3, but didn't because I didn't want to lose the many relationships that I had in my current town. So if I wanted to play in a different town, I would have to start fresh without any skills, friends, job progression, etc.

The problem as I see it is that after a certain number of towns were created, they had to start skimping on the content new towns could have. I may be wrong, but I believe the concept is a good one, they just weren't able to execute it very well due to a very poorly made game engine that wasn't really designed to handle this idea. It is my hope that in TS5, they will be able to do a much better job of executing this concept.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

The concept of being able to travel to all the towns without losing your current relationships in the town you are leaving was awesome in my opinion. Actually, one of the few changes in the game with TS4 that I have liked. I have often wanted to take my sim to another town in TS3, but didn't because I didn't want to lose the many relationships that I had in my current town. So if I wanted to play in a different town, I would have to start fresh without any skills, friends, job progression, etc.

The problem as I see it is that after a certain number of towns were created, they had to start skimping on the content new towns could have. I may be wrong, but I believe the concept is a good one, they just weren't able to execute it very well due to a very poorly made game engine that wasn't really designed to handle this idea. It is my hope that in TS5, they will be able to do a much better job of executing this concept.

I completely agree. Being able to quickly and easily jump between changes of environment and design, between any and all towns without consequences, is a huge step up. One of the things I don't like about Sims 3's open world design is that it's closed off. You get one selection between a bunch of interesting worlds, but you're stuck with the one you choose. The benefit, of course, in Sims 3 is that you can change the neighborhoods with tools, to a point, but it's still the same basic environment. But despite how large and open the Sims 3 worlds are, I still find them claustrophobic and restricting in that way. Even Sims 2 had a way of linking a bunch of other neighborhoods together so that rotational players could have their Sims living in a variety of places and still interact and keep their relationships. I also actually really like the scenery in Sims 4, I think it's detailed and immersive and definitely makes for great screenshots, which I take a lot of. But I also agree that the towns are getting smaller and that's disheartening. I don't mind false backdrops, but not at the cost of shrinking my playable space.

I do think, though, that every Sims game will eventually have issues with any world design they choose, once they've added a ton of DLCs to the game. This is one of the reasons why they have to keep starting over. But maybe the future of cloud gaming will change that because it will take away the load from the players' PCs. Imagine a game where we can have worlds the size of Sims 3, but be able to switch between them and have playable Sims in each one simultaneously for rotational play, like Sims 4, but have real playable buildings, not rabbit holes, plus environment tools to make the changes we want. I wonder if we'll ever get there?
    #Team Occult
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

I agree that Sims 4's ability to easily jump between towns is one of the best features. They best keep this feature in future iterations because I can't see going back to a different way. I often daydream about the perfect Sims base game and one of its features is an open neighborhood style with interconnected worlds. I am not sure interconnected worlds as large as Sims 3 would be possible but I sure wouldn't complain if Sims 5 or 6 or 7 made it happen! :)
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I see TS4 as being a better sequel from TS2 rather than TS3. People love to complain about how they took away the open worlds in TS4, but they at least vastly improved what we had as "worlds" in TS2. In TS2, they technically didn't even have "worlds". We played on very limited-spaced lots, and our surroundings consisted of very static, pixelated "world" decorations. It was great that you could place as many houses and community lots as you liked, but the worlds that our sims lived in felt so quiet and empty because we were only allowed to access one little lot at a time.

I understand why they implemented worlds in TS4 as they did because the open worlds in TS3 caused a lot of performance issues. That's all I'm saying about that.

In terms of what we would see in TS5, I honestly feel like they would probably move forward with an online, multiplayer Sims game like they originally intended with TS4. I feel like The Sims franchise has been remade to death at this point, and there's really no good reason to remake everything all over again just because it may have better graphics and other little improvements.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    SimsayCD wrote: »
    I see TS4 as being a better sequel from TS2 rather than TS3. People love to complain about how they took away the open worlds in TS4, but they at least vastly improved what we had as "worlds" in TS2. In TS2, they technically didn't even have "worlds". We played on very limited-spaced lots, and our surroundings consisted of very static, pixelated "world" decorations. It was great that you could place as many houses and community lots as you liked, but the worlds that our sims lived in felt so quiet and empty because we were only allowed to access one little lot at a time.

I understand why they implemented worlds in TS4 as they did because the open worlds in TS3 caused a lot of performance issues. That's all I'm saying about that.

In terms of what we would see in TS5, I honestly feel like they would probably move forward with an online, multiplayer Sims game like they originally intended with TS4. I feel like The Sims franchise has been remade to death at this point, and there's really no good reason to remake everything all over again just because it may have better graphics and other little improvements.

I disagree. It’s been remade 3 times and still manages to be a successful game, differences and all. EA has one very good reason to make a sequel to 4 and that’s money.

As for online, no. EA has attempted several times now at thrusting The Sims into the arena of online gaming. Each and every time it results in it being a commercial and critical failure. The last attempt they made failed during production and had to be quickly and sloppily converted into TS4 we have today. The Sims, by the very nature of it’s design, isn’t compatible with online - at least not without a hefty amount of cuts to staple features and massive limitations for the game at large *ahem* Sims 4.. EA single handedly killed SimCity by forcing it into an environment that didn’t work with its strengths as a game. If they go the same route with The Sims, it will have the same fate regardless of how many teen girls they get to buy it.

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member

Don't blame the open world for the performance problems in the sims 3. It was their shoddy coding together with a very outdated API that made the sims 3 a badly performing game.
    They need to move on from dx9 yesterday if we're ever gonna get a fresh and modern and advanced take on the sims again. People who dont know anything yell "yay it's gonna be 64bit" as if it's some magical cure when that's only a tiny part of the problem. We need at least a game built on dx11 or 12 and 64bit for the game to truly advance and be a good foundation to build upon with expansions. 4 is NEVER gonna get any better than this after the 32bit drop cause it's still limited by dx9 and the poor engine it's built on.
    Wish people could stop spitting out nonsense about why the sims 3 performed badly and falling for every excuse the devs throws out there to avoid having to admit that they did a poor job and made poor decisions on the sims 3.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

In The Sims 2 you had:

- placeable lots
    - placeable world decor
    - easy to create your own worlds
    - world story
    - family story
    - memories on each sim
    - consistent sims in every public location, meaning if you liked your barman Billy you could visit him on work hours, rather than either seeing a random neighbour work as a barman despite having a full time job as is, or having the game generate waves of Bobs and Betties that will get deleted the next week
    - no loadscreens between apartments
    - fully customizable apartment buildings that you could make in any world that you wanted to
    - much more stable gameplay experience.

I highly disagree with the online statement, that's how SimCity died. And I highly disagree with tHe Sims 4 being a good sequel to 2. It's a good sequel to 1 and still rather a step back as a sequel to 2. 3, while it was buggy, at least made sense as a sequel, as it added more than subtracted.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

In The Sims 2 you had:

- placeable lots
    - placeable world decor
    - easy to create your own worlds
    - world story
    - family story
    - memories on each sim
    - consistent sims in every public location, meaning if you liked your barman Billy you could visit him on work hours, rather than either seeing a random neighbour work as a barman despite having a full time job as is, or having the game generate waves of Bobs and Betties that will get deleted the next week
    - no loadscreens between apartments
    - fully customizable apartment buildings that you could make in any world that you wanted to
    - much more stable gameplay experience.

I highly disagree with the online statement, that's how SimCity died. And I highly disagree with tHe Sims 4 being a good sequel to 2. It's a good sequel to 1 and still rather a step back as a sequel to 2. 3, while it was buggy, at least made sense as a sequel, as it added more than subtracted.

Very well said!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited April 2019
    EA has one very good reason to make a sequel to 4 and that’s money.

And they'd get A LOT of it if they'd just incorporate into The Sims 5 what the players REALLY want!

That's all they gotta do and...it's easy money.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

And they'd get A LOT of it if they'd just incorporate into The Sims 5 what the players REALLY want!

And unfortunately it has been seen many times that EA doesn't think that way for whatever reasons....
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member

But right now, EA has one very good reason to continue TS4 and that’s money :p .
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

Yeah, like witches and vampires and other occults! :)