Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Think I Figured Out How To Fix The Toddler Glitch

This glitch has been the bane of my existence since I started playing this game. Basically, when a toddler glitches and doesn't age up, your game is borked and you can't go into edit sim and age them up because it just runs and runs, etc so you lose that whole family. I have had it happen to me so many times that I became determined to figure out a way to fix it.

I can't believe how the answer was so obvious and I missed it.

Anyway, the other day I started a family that I was really liking. I had been making a habit of saving my household (with house) into the library because I had lost a bunch of building I had done on a house and it made me mad, lol. On this particular family, I had just saved the family to the library and went to age up the toddler. GLITCH. After I got over being mad, I remembered I had saved the family in the library so I went into edit town, bulldozed the lot etc, and put the copy family and house on that lot, went back into the game, did a save as, and tried to age the toddler up again.

SUCCESS!

So, now, right before every birthday, I just save the household and/or house to the bin and no one has glitched out yet. I have no idea why I didn't think of this before!

I really hate losing my sim families and houses, and I really, really hate that toddler glitch. Let me know if it works for you as well!

Comments