Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    ZiggyHiggy wrote: »
    @WeirdoMan1214 I am sorry but i do not really know how to help with the love interest part but from what i know so far new members are unable to start threads. You have to be a full member to do so. Did i get that right @rosemow ?

You are right what you wrote :)
  • miandallasmiandallas Posts: 22 Member
    Hi everyone,

My name is Mia, I've been playing the Sims since 2001 (!), and I used to make Sims 2 machinima and music videos waaaay back in the stone ages, until Youtube went a little stir-crazy with copyright stuff. After being put on bedrest for almost months, I decided to jump back into the machinima game late last year, and plan on releasing my first series in the next two weeks on Youtube (so excited!). I still play all the Sims games consistently -- my favorite game out of the bunch is Sims 2, but I'll always have a soft spot for Sims Superstar. :)
    miandallas wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My name is Mia, I've been playing the Sims since 2001 (!), and I used to make Sims 2 machinima and music videos waaaay back in the stone ages, until Youtube went a little stir-crazy with copyright stuff. After being put on bedrest for almost months, I decided to jump back into the machinima game late last year, and plan on releasing my first series in the next two weeks on Youtube (so excited!). I still play all the Sims games consistently -- my favorite game out of the bunch is Sims 2, but I'll always have a soft spot for Sims Superstar. :)

Hello @miandallas :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since 2001. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years <3
    It was good that you found simming to be helpful when you needed to be on bedrest, and that it encouraged you to do machininas again. I hope that your work on them goes very well . It is exciting that you are planning to soon release your first series! :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • ZiggyHiggyZiggyHiggy Posts: 82 Member
    Mia that is so amazing that you have been playing for so long!! I have only been playing since lat year and only on the sims 4. I am sorry you were put on bedrest for so long. I dont really know what Machinima is sorry but i am glad you have something that you enjoy so much!! :) <3
  • RebeckaGabriellaRebeckaGabriella Posts: 23 Member
    Hi!

My name is Rebecka and I'm only four day older than The sims 1. My first sims game was The sims 2 for PS2, which I wouldn't call your typical sims game, but it was enough to get me hooked. In 2011 I fell in love with The sims 3 and early last year I finally started playing the fourth one. Recently I've started building a lot more, so I'm looking forwward to being able to share that later
    Hi!

My name is Rebecka and I'm only four day older than The sims 1. My first sims game was The sims 2 for PS2, which I wouldn't call your typical sims game, but it was enough to get me hooked. In 2011 I fell in love with The sims 3 and early last year I finally started playing the fourth one. Recently I've started building a lot more, so I'm looking forwward to being able to share that later

Hello @RebeckaGabriella :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the console version of Sims 2, then that led you to play Sims 3, and now you are playing Sims 4. Simming Is enjoyable and fun!
    It is great that you are enjoying building in the game. It is a special part of simming where we can express our creativity :)
  • SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    Sul Sul!
    my name is sarah and my sims gamer name is Sdaly1188 feel free to add me. but i am hoping to be a sims 4 lets play youtuber. im hoping to understand how to do it all. i also have made my first ever music video (not super professional but i tried) my name on youtube is SereneMoss if you wanted to check it out and leave any tips. I dont own any fancy tools for edits or anything. so i make due with what i have once i get a mic ill start my sims 4 lets plays since alot of the videos i watch i think can be a bit crazy. I make up my own challenges and try new ideas. ive been simming since the beginning. if your looking for a friend who loves the sims feel free to add me and chat with me anytime. sadly i thought by emailing a sims youtuber they would be willing to help me out with a few tips of what programs work well and i got nadda. kinda sucks since i was a fan of their channel for a long time and i thought they were serious about if fans had questions about anything with the sims hed help out but its been over 6 months and nothing so that kinda let me down. so stinks that people dont always mean what they say i guess. so i joined the forums hoping to meet some friends, thanks everyone.
    SereneMoss wrote: »
    Sul Sul!
    my name is sarah and my sims gamer name is Sdaly1188 feel free to add me. but i am hoping to be a sims 4 lets play youtuber. im hoping to understand how to do it all. i also have made my first ever music video (not super professional but i tried) my name on youtube is SereneMoss if you wanted to check it out and leave any tips. I dont own any fancy tools for edits or anything. so i make due with what i have once i get a mic ill start my sims 4 lets plays since alot of the videos i watch i think can be a bit crazy. I make up my own challenges and try new ideas. ive been simming since the beginning. if your looking for a friend who loves the sims feel free to add me and chat with me anytime. sadly i thought by emailing a sims youtuber they would be willing to help me out with a few tips of what programs work well and i got nadda. kinda plum since i was a fan of their channel for a long time and i thought they were serious about if fans had questions about anything with the sims hed help out but its been over 6 months and nothing so that kinda let me down. so stinks that people dont always mean what they say i guess. so i joined the forums hoping to meet some friends, thanks everyone.

Hello @SereneMoss :)It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have your own YouTube channel :) You may like to post on the threads in the Video Haven Section of the forums and simmers there may be able to help you and offer tips
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven
  • SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    thanks so much rose its a pleasure to meet you as well. i dont have a massive youtube channel only 44 subs but i guess we all gotta start somewhere
    SereneMoss wrote: »
    thanks so much rose its a pleasure to meet you as well. i dont have a massive youtube channel only 44 subs but i guess we all gotta start somewhere

You’re welcome :)
  • DorothyDorothy Posts: 62 Member
    Hello once again~
    Im Dorothy.
    How everyones doing?
    I wish you all to have a beautyfull and amazing week. <3
    Keep up the awesome work (on whatever your doing). You are awesome. :)
  • MoreInfoMoreInfo Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, My name is Lakeisha. I'm a 41. Married to an amazing man with 3 kids. Spend a lot of my time loving any and everything to do with The Sims. Wish I had known about The Sims earlier but didnt start playing until a decade ago with the sims 3. Havn't stopped playing since. Crazy thing is, I didnt know there were stuff packs or communities who made mods and cc. Didnt get into mods and cc until about a month ago. Now I cant stop. Simmers are so talented <3 Anyway, So my searches brought me here. Im excited to be a part of this comunity. Thank you.
  • purpleplumpurpleplum Posts: 25 Member
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @purpleplum :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have based your user name on your favourite colour, which is purple, and have combined it with Sims plumbobs. Purple is a nice colour.
    > It is great that you bought the game when it was on sale after Christmas :) Simming was a lovely way to start the new year <3
    > I hope that you will be able to collect all the gardening plants and get them to the perfect stage!
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you! This thread is a great idea, @rosemow! It really helped me feel welcome to the simming community!
  • Travioli74Travioli74 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi everyone. I have been struggling to start a new thread but for some reason there isn't an option for that on my computer. I do have a single, simple request. Male body hair and eyebrows. I cannot find ANY that are compatible with the game. I know how to add them and to get them in the game, what I don't know is where they are?! I've searched and searched and everyone I seem to find crashes my game. It just quits responding. SO after I uninstall the latest CC or MOD for those two things, it runs fine again. Can anyone help? Point me in the right direction to these things that actually work with the latest update? I'd be forever in your debt. And thank you Rose for inviting me here!
  • Travioli74Travioli74 Posts: 10 New Member
    > You know rosemow is one of the sweetest and most helpful people on this site. If you did not want to join here, why couldn't you just give this post a pass?
    >
    > kim :\
    >
    > Hi rosemow,
    > I love reading all your critiques in the build forums. You are so thorough and nice! We could use more NICE people like you across the forum! I am on the long end of adulthood and have been playing the sims since the release of TS1! My son wanted it and lost interest right away. I however got hooked! I only play sims and no other games so I guess I am not a hard core gamer. I love my rescue dogs as you can see from my avi pic. I spent a lot of time in TS3 in the creative corner and the caw forum.
    >
    > KIM :)

I whole heartedly agree! Some people just HAVE to throw their two cents in, even when it's obviously not wanted or even cared for.
    MoreInfo wrote: »
    Hello, My name is Lakeisha. I'm a 41. Married to an amazing man with 3 kids. Spend a lot of my time loving any and everything to do with The Sims. Wish I had known about The Sims earlier but didnt start playing until a decade ago with the sims 3. Havn't stopped playing since. Crazy thing is, I didnt know there were stuff packs or communities who made mods and cc. Didnt get into mods and cc until about a month ago. Now I cant stop. Simmers are so talented <3 Anyway, So my searches brought me here. Im excited to be a part of this comunity. Thank you.

Hello @MoreInfo :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3 a decade ago and have been enjoying playing it ever since. Simming is fun and very enjoyable !
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find helpful tips on playing the game and enjoy posting about your sims from your game .
    purpleplum wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @purpleplum :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have based your user name on your favourite colour, which is purple, and have combined it with Sims plumbobs. Purple is a nice colour.
    > It is great that you bought the game when it was on sale after Christmas :) Simming was a lovely way to start the new year <3
    > I hope that you will be able to collect all the gardening plants and get them to the perfect stage!

Thank you! This thread is a great idea, @rosemow! It really helped me feel welcome to the simming community!

Travioli74 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I have been struggling to start a new thread but for some reason there isn't an option for that on my computer. I do have a single, simple request. Male body hair and eyebrows. I cannot find ANY that are compatible with the game. I know how to add them and to get them in the game, what I don't know is where they are?! I've searched and searched and everyone I seem to find crashes my game. It just quits responding. SO after I uninstall the latest CC or MOD for those two things, it runs fine again. Can anyone help? Point me in the right direction to these things that actually work with the latest update? I'd be forever in your debt. And thank you Rose for inviting me here!

Hello @Travioli74 :) It is nice to meet you.
    New members are unable to start new threads until they become full members. You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    You will be able to start a new thread and post your questions about the cc in the mods and cc section of the forums when you become a full member.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • PeachsimsPeachsims Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I'm Peachsims, but you can call me Peach. I've been interested in the sims since I was younger but only until last Christmas I can fully play it! I'm looking for some Origin friends so add me if you want! Origin ID: nixidust
    Peachsims wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Peachsims, but you can call me Peach. I've been interested in the sims since I was younger but only until last Christmas I can fully play it! I'm looking for some Origin friends so add me if you want! Origin ID: nixidust

Hello @Peachsims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was very special that you received the Sims game as a Christmas present <3 It is a lovely gift that you will keep enjoying using and playing all throughout the year!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forums threads.
  • EsReverniDrawrofEsReverniDrawrof Posts: 30 Member
    Hi, I'm Es. I've played The Sims T1-T4 on console, had T3 also on XBox, and Freeplay on my phone. I "broke" T3 just before T4 was released, and now I know how to fix my problem (yes, it's all my CC), but I'm too into my T4 games to even bother going back. I've been registered at this site for a few years now, but up until recently only came here to read. I'm not sure why I never posted before...well anyway, hello!
    Hi, I'm Es. I've played The Sims T1-T4 on console, had T3 also on XBox, and Freeplay on my phone. I "broke" T3 just before T4 was released, and now I know how to fix my problem (yes, it's all my CC), but I'm too into my T4 games to even bother going back. I've been registered at this site for a few years now, but up until recently only came here to read. I'm not sure why I never posted before...well anyway, hello!

Hello @EsReverniDrawrof :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you have played the console versions of each of the Sims 1 to Sims 4 games, You would have been enjoying spending many fun and happy hours over the time, playing, creating and building in the game!
    I hope you will enjoy posting on the threads about what is happening in your game:)
    > @rosemow said:
    > miandallas wrote: »
    >
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > My name is Mia, I've been playing the Sims since 2001 (!), and I used to make Sims 2 machinima and music videos waaaay back in the stone ages, until Youtube went a little stir-crazy with copyright stuff. After being put on bedrest for almost months, I decided to jump back into the machinima game late last year, and plan on releasing my first series in the next two weeks on Youtube (so excited!). I still play all the Sims games consistently -- my favorite game out of the bunch is Sims 2, but I'll always have a soft spot for Sims Superstar. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @miandallas :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming since 2001. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years <3
    > It was good that you found simming to be helpful when you needed to be on bedrest, and that it encouraged you to do machininas again. I hope that your work on them goes very well . It is exciting that you are planning to soon release your first series! :)

Thank you so much @rosemow! You are so sweet!
    miandallas wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > miandallas wrote: »
    >
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > My name is Mia, I've been playing the Sims since 2001 (!), and I used to make Sims 2 machinima and music videos waaaay back in the stone ages, until Youtube went a little stir-crazy with copyright stuff. After being put on bedrest for almost months, I decided to jump back into the machinima game late last year, and plan on releasing my first series in the next two weeks on Youtube (so excited!). I still play all the Sims games consistently -- my favorite game out of the bunch is Sims 2, but I'll always have a soft spot for Sims Superstar. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @miandallas :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming since 2001. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years <3
    > It was good that you found simming to be helpful when you needed to be on bedrest, and that it encouraged you to do machininas again. I hope that your work on them goes very well . It is exciting that you are planning to soon release your first series! :)

Thank you so much @rosemow! You are so sweet!

> @ZiggyHiggy said:
    > Mia that is so amazing that you have been playing for so long!! I have only been playing since lat year and only on the sims 4. I am sorry you were put on bedrest for so long. I dont really know what Machinima is sorry but i am glad you have something that you enjoy so much!! :) <3

Thanks @ZiggyHiggy! If anything, it just makes me really old, but it's such a great series! Machinima are films/movies/videos created with video games -- ie The Sims or GTA V. It's a ton of fun, especially if you like telling stories -- I definitely recommend it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top