Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I'm still in the research/brainstorming phase too.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    That was a great tutorial. Hopefully, I'll remember .5, .8 and 1 as the key coffee table, end table, counter heights AND that I need to add the - sign to lower. I've used debug enabler to shift my skill plaques up and down the wall before I found a mod that includes them. I am really picky about mods and cc in my game, but I have a small collection of shiftable mods because I am so picky about centering things. I almost always use disablesnappingtogridsonalt in order to move a fridge, counter, appliance out of the wall on one side. I'd much rather the counters overlap each other a bit all the way down the line than have the edges disappear in the wall.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    ciane wrote: »
    That was a great tutorial. Hopefully, I'll remember .5, .8 and 1 as the key coffee table, end table, counter heights AND that I need to add the - sign to lower. I've used debug enabler to shift my skill plaques up and down the wall before I found a mod that includes them. I am really picky about mods and cc in my game, but I have a small collection of shiftable mods because I am so picky about centering things. I almost always use disablesnappingtogridsonalt in order to move a fridge, counter, appliance out of the wall on one side. I'd much rather the counters overlap each other a bit all the way down the line than have the edges disappear in the wall.

I try to remember to use the - by thinking I'm moving things 'negative up' instead of down. It gets more intuitive after using it a few times. That's a great tip about disablesnappingtogridsonalt, I didn't even know about it. I hate when things clip in the walls. I usually hold down alt when moving a single object to unsnap it but it would be handy to toggle snapping on and off when moving a bunch of things.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    You have to use it for counters and kitchen appliances that don't normal shift with just alt. And, of your you need TCE and MOO with it to make it work the way I like it to work.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    ciane wrote: »
    You have to use it for counters and kitchen appliances that don't normal shift with just alt. And, of your you need TCE and MOO with it to make it work the way I like it to work.

That's so helpful, I've fought with shimmying them into the square without getting close enough for them to snap. I've never had much luck moving counters, I get them bugging out and going back to default colors so often (same with the AS couch) that I just give up on having them not snapped to the wall. It makes for boring kitchens.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited April 2019
    my launcher is flashing me.lolit shows up then disappears.lol
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @60smusicluvr @AlphaFen @BreeMiles @Bubbz3388 @ciane @DinoJr @equuest @friendsfan367 @Hidehi @Jessabeans @KaytayRoall @Kgaff @LMC6255 @Mmdrgntobldrgn @MsPrissy88 @Mystik1978 @SamelaRita and @suzses

Something has come up and I'd like your input on what to do regarding it.

My daughter is 2nd author on a Behavioral Analysis meta study with a P.H.D. student and they recently learned their paper is going to be presented at a conference. Before this, they were going because their university requires its students to attend. Now they are part of a symposium. How exciting for both of them!

After considering going (see the sights in Chicago) or staying home, Mr Addy & I decided to go.
    This means I will not have computer access on Friday, May 24th.

Choices:
    1. Shift Gifting Time to keep the same number of days.
    Instead of Mon (20th) - Fri (24th) ... it will be Sun (19th) - Thurs (23rd).

OR

2. Remove one day from Gifting Time.
    It will be Mon (20th) - Thurs (23rd).

I am fine with either option. Please let me know which option you prefer and the option that is favored by the majority is the one we'll go with.

Thank YOU for your patience and understanding! <3
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr @AlphaFen @BreeMiles @Bubbz3388 @ciane @DinoJr @equuest @friendsfan367 @Hidehi @Jessabeans @KaytayRoall @Kgaff @LMC6255 @Mmdrgntobldrgn @MsPrissy88 @Mystik1978 @SamelaRita and @suzses

Something has come up and I'd like your input on what to do regarding it.

My daughter is 2nd author on a Behavioral Analysis meta study with a P.H.D. student and they recently learned their paper is going to be presented at a conference. Before this, they were going because their university requires its students to attend. Now they are part of a symposium. How exciting for both of them!

After considering going (see the sights in Chicago) or staying home, Mr Addy & I decided to go.
    This means I will not have computer access on Friday, May 24th.

Choices:
    1. Shift Gifting Time to keep the same number of days.
    Instead of Mon (20th) - Fri (24th) ... it will be Sun (19th) - Thurs (23rd).

OR

2. Remove one day from Gifting Time.
    It will be Mon (20th) - Thurs (23rd).

I am fine with either option. Please let me know which option you prefer and the option that is favored by the majority is the one we'll go with.

Thank YOU for your patience and understanding! <3

Option 1
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    I chose option 1 as well. I like having more gifting days and starting on a Sunday means more free time to ooh and ah, I think.

Congrats to your daughter. Enjoy Chicago. I recommend the art museum!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I also think option 1 sounds best.
  • Options
    Option 1 Sounds good

Congratulations to your daughter!
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Option 1 here as well and big WOOT WOOT! to your daughter sound like you are super proud of her!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    one works for me. since i've had issues the more creating days the beter. congrats to your daughter. :)
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Option 1 works for me as well.

Congrats to your daughter.

I agree with @ciane, Chicago is a great walking city and has one of the best art museums in the Midwest! I also recommend Grant Park and the Shedd Aquarium, plus it should be nice in May. Enjoy!
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Option 1 sounds great, although the other would be fine, too. I hope you have a wonderful time. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited April 2019
    Well I got home early so been playing around with my story some. My daughter is also helping and she wants to make one of the gifts for my buddy! So buddy I know you don't know who you are, or would it be who I am? BUT, be ready for something interesting if nothing else!

I say that because she can be super creative in a "what did I just see why" .... Kinda like this girls dad!

wDOKlVW.png
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Congrats to your daughter, it sounds very exciting! I hope you will all have a fabulous time :)

Option No 1 is fine for me too.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm with everyone on this. OPTION 1 works ok for me.

And Addy .... see my PM regarding your travels!!

BTW --- CONGRATS TO YOUR DAUGHTER!!!
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @ADWilson Congratulations on your daughter's success! I hope you all have a wonderful time! Option one is good for me also..
  • Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    I'm with the majority here, Option 1. Also Congrats to your daughter! Is there any way to see more info on the paper that was done? (I work in the Mental Health field and am very interested)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    I'm with everyone on this. OPTION 1 works ok for me.

And Addy .... see my PM regarding your travels!!

BTW --- CONGRATS TO SHANNON!!!

SHANON? opps i wasn't trying to copy prissy by shouting.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thanks for your input and congratulations. MUCH appreciated.
    Gifting Times will be shifted and I will edit the post on the first page of this thread.

@DinoJr sent a PM about it.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Option 1 is good with me too - but it looks like we already have the majority needed for a decision ;)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Congrats to your daughter Addy, I would go for Option 1 <3
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Option 1 works for me also! Congratulations to your daughter!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top