Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Eclectic Arts Household is adorable :) Has anyone already played them?

Since day one I always play with some households, I like a combo of premades and my own sims ;) But since City Living EP I did not have a crush with a household, until now. I shared time with the Eclectic Arts household playing one of my characters, Perla. I even created a club (The Bizarre club). I liked them. Finally I decided to built a house for those premades and start playing with them:

I started playing, and also testing the new house, at the Harvestable Day:
1lAlE5B.png

First I chose a career for everyone:
Alice, Militar
SO2NP0R.png
Leslie, Florist
yajeA3f.png
Mark, Painter
m7Lk3nZ.png

I really tried to ignore the gnomes but...
NnPrCBL.png
lodVvdr.png

Luckily Alice was able to cheer that gnome. I did not wanted chaos while testing the house. But Leslie did not agree with me :s
4zFpejF.png
LgmNUC7.png
Yes, Alice save the day again.

They "enjoyed" the great burned meal outdoors:
rw0Rrq3.png
With the celebration finished Alice save the day one more time throwing away the leftovers :p
ugQ5iGD.png

Ok Leslie, stop playing with fire:
TVjYPAN.png

It is better to go outside and make new friends at Windenburg
MSr70sq.png

Yes, I think they like vampires as I do :D

At the end the fire was a good thing: while I was fixing the burnt stuff I recolored the house. Cream was a better color for it:
xQilcdk.png

They are a nice trio, really unique and fresh. I have not switched to another household for days. Today I will celebrate Xmas with them.

eoDhx2G.png

But I need to stop playing with them or Mother will never be back to her glory >:)

Has someone played them?

Comments

• mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I played them to solve the mystery.

Mark Eggleston is now the Strangerville Hero for defeating the town's menace. He also obtained the Fan Mail quirk. I have Mark and Alice Martin still living as room mates in the house. Alice is doing the Musical aspiration. I plan to renovate the house as it was furnished with the minimun.

I built a new house fmor Leslie Holland and moved in one of the scientists Zach Sosa. I was trying to make a love match with them. The problem is that Zach has the Un-Filrty trait and the only thing he wants to talk about is Strangerville. I think I'm going to have to make some single male young adult Sims to find her a match and leave the townies unplayed. Leslie is now a writer persuing that aspiration.

To date I haven't played them much, but I plan to.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Yes, I played Leslie who found the files, made the vacine, had many friends from many neighbour hoods. She cured her house mates, befriended the pilot and encouraged him to join her to destroy the plant.
    As a hero she has a new updated home.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Yep! Been playing them on my Strangerville save.

Leslie is writing down her experiences and experimenting with prose, slowly coming to enjoy her infected status which boosts up her needs (while also grappling with fear and worry regarding it).

Both Mark and Alice have joined the military to investigate what happened to their friend. Alice is flourishing while Mark is struggling with the military attitude. By the end Alice will be one of the people fighting the mother, while Mark will be working with a Sim In Black to keep things undercover but will be joining the politician career path.

Down the line I see Alice as being a successful sim in black agent and Mark as the mayoral aide and future mayor, while Leslie is a successful writer.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Yes but I moved them to a house in Willow Creek. Leslie stomped around for a bit but then went jogging and became more normal after a while. I'm going to move them back and start the adventure with them.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Oh, no, poor Leslie @mebagl15 unflirty sims are the worst :D Only my flirty vampires can melt their heart. I found leslie really sweet but somehow a logic girl. She need a cheerful guy! :#

Yay, @wrenstales I like the idea that she is the Hero. I love the version of the story. I still need to hangout with the pilot. The sim that want to awake Mother again (an alien) is the only one who know him.

@RobinGreenthumb I'm not surprised about Mark, he needs more attitude for the Military Career lol but I can see him living at San Myshuno :o Yes, for me Alice is more a rough girl :D But only time will tell. My second story is going slow, but fun enought.

@Simburian my first story was with a vampire that lived at Windenburg. StrangerVille was already bizarre when he arrived. So you will live that with that trio. By now I'm enjoying a normal town so it will be different living there already when things go bizarre again.

I'm always curious about how other players perceive the premades. I'm surprised that so far Leslie is a fav ;)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m going to make them polygamists. Mark is going to be married to both Alice and Leslie at the same time and have children with both.

It should be very interesting >:)
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    emere wrote: »
    Oh, no, poor Leslie @mebagl15 unflirty sims are the worst :D Only my flirty vampires can melt their heart. I found leslie really sweet but somehow a logic girl. She need a cheerful guy! :#

Yay, @wrenstales I like the idea that she is the Hero. I love the version of the story. I still need to hangout with the pilot. The sim that want to awake Mother again (an alien) is the only one who know him.

@RobinGreenthumb I'm not surprised about Mark, he needs more attitude for the Military Career lol but I can see him living at San Myshuno :o Yes, for me Alice is more a rough girl :D But only time will tell. My second story is going slow, but fun enought.

@Simburian my first story was with a vampire that lived at Windenburg. StrangerVille was already bizarre when he arrived. So you will live that with that trio. By now I'm enjoying a normal town so it will be different living there already when things go bizarre again.

Thanks, Mark in my game is learning to programme and has mod games. He created and sold plugins. Alice is catering and dreams on owning her own cake shop. I found the E elective arts household enjoyable to play with.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I played them. They made friends in Strangerville and defeated the Mother, but in the end decided that Strangerville wasn’t the best place for them. They now live in, and are pursuing their art careers, in Del Sol Valley. I like to imagine they keep in close touch with Erwin and have invited him to visit anytime he’d like.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i haven't done terribly much with most of the strangerville premades, but have updated their houses and made them playable (partially to reinfect ted, leslie and jess every time i solve the mystery. i like having them as the initial infected)

i did enjoy playing the eclectic arts household for the few days i was on them (looking at their aspirations and skills and trying to make the house's decor match them. such as filling alice's room with instruments) and then the recent announcement of the 'freelancer' career had me decide that these three would be the first to join it when it's released. each one going through a different path: alice for painter, leslie for writer, mark for programmer. though, them being an artist household has me wish there were an actual option for digital art in the game (instead of just the sketchpad) so mark could work on that alongside programming and painting skills

currently, i'm planning on keeping the other two clueless about what's behind leslie's unusual nighttime ramblings and, as an earlier poster has said, i like the idea of her using the possessed state's need boosts and contact with the otherworldly to help feed her writing, though i don't have any specific plans on her writing styles, yet

leslie has oddly become friends with a sim who is slotted to solve the mystery sometime in the near future, though. a conspiracy theorist townie i edited to take after dave screed, a conspiracy theorist npc in the secret world... in that game, one of the secret societies that basically rules the world not only lets screed find the various mysteries they're trying to hide, but actively gives him information on them... because everyone already views him as a crackpot conspiracy theorist, so letting him publish the truth is a great way to help discredit anyone else who brings it up and therefore keep the truth hidden. dave in my game has similar going on, but mostly focuses on making conspiracy videos instead. and i ensure those are all over the place (latest one was 'yeti or sasquatch: how to tell the differences between these two cryptids and others similar to them' (and to be really funny, i've put another townie in a holiday yeti outfit for him to stumble across)

basically, i think leslie and this theorist are going to kind of feed off each other, her telling him aspects of the infection and him helping her writing and imagination in general
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I love what you have done with their house. I haven't done much except give their rooms some personal touches that reveal their personalities. I can't do much with the house itself yet, except replacing and adding some light fixures, as I've already depleted their funds; by decorating their rooms and buying this and that for them (like that army dummy and some computers and such). Next time I play them I plan on overhauling their kitchen and livingroom area.

I wanted to use the Strangerville premades to play through the mystery and chose this household as I found them perfect. But I have since decided to use a household from Willow Creek to play through the mystery. But I really like this household and I've folded them into my rotational play in my main saved game.

Their story in my game is that they are old university friends that have found themselves disillusioned with their previous careers and are desperate for a change. Pooling their resources they have taken residency in a rental property in a small little military town called Strangerville. Leslie is a burned out programmer (her programming and logic skills were pretty high when I started playing this household) for a big gaming company who has quit her job and is taking writing classes as her aspiration is to be a successful author. She is at the moment unemployed as she is honing her writing skills.

Alice, an accomplished violinist, she has decided on a different creative outlet and is trying her hand at painting. Alice is also unemployed but her paintings are selling so they have some dependant income besides Mark's military wages.

Because, yes, my Mark is in the military. His story is that since Uni he has really been roaming and not sticking with anything career vise. He is hoping that the military might give him purpose and maybe stability he finds lacking.

As for their living arrangement; I stuck Mark into that reader alcove (the one with no closable door) upstairs and gave the girls one room each. The girls are eyeing each other up and have started flirting with each other completely ignoring poor Mark.

I have also been toying with the idea of maybe making either Alice or Leslie actresses as I have just gotten Get Famous.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have not played this premade family or any premades for that matter. But, if I were to pick one premade household to play, I think it would be them. Or possibly, since I like to play with one Sim, the elder pilot, George Cahill? I think that's his name.

However, I have sort've interacted with them on a few occasions. Leslie has twice been in a Welcome Wagon, and she tried to break my Hero's hand when he attempted to slap some sense into her. lol

When I send my Sims to fish in the Shady Acres area, I always get them there by having them visit the Eclectic household lot. I'm guessing none of those Sims have very high cooking skills because three times while fishing my Sim got a pop-up notice that, "A fire has started, you might want to extinguish it."

Alice started the first one on an outdoor grill, Leslie put it out. Mark started the second on the kitchen stove, Alice put it out. The third time, Leslie started it on the outdoor grill while grilling fruit kabobs. She just stood there panicking until Alice ran outside to join the panic. Finally, Mark came out there and I thought, good, he'll put it out since it was spreading. Nope, all three just stood there waving their arms and screaming for a few minutes then ran out front to do the same while the fire continued to rage.

I had to make my Sim quit fishing and jog over there to put it out or I'm guessing it could've spread to the house, the grill and backyard fence was already on fire and it was creeping toward the house.

Meanwhile, the Eclectic household finally stopped panicking, but didn't go inside quite yet. All three stood on the porch having a chat. Or trying to I should say. Leslie and Alice were in full possession mode, Leslie still clutching the platter of fruit kabobs, chattering away nonsensically while Mark watched. He finally must've had enough and soon walked inside leaving those two on the porch.

Man, I tell you, listening to those two infected ladies 'chatting' was SOO hilarious! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I ended up watching them until the possession wore off. hehe It would almost be worth playing them just to watch them 'talk' like that again. What a riot! :D

EDIT: Forgot to add I also saw Alice playing the violin in the Spice District at the busking station once. She was really good!

Lol @Chazzzy that story sounds great! But if you do not want drama Mark should achieve the Serial Romantic aspiration first. Then you will have a big and happy family :D

@taydev it's good that they leave their bizarre past behind :D I do not own Del Sol, but I can see them being famous.

Oh, @kalaksed I do the same with the writers. For example: I have a vampire that only writes Graveyard Poetry. I do the same with painters to reflect their artistic personality. Hey, that story sounds great, now I want to make a conspiracy theorists club :# Oh, I forgot about the Yeti costume: a Yeti should walk by StrangerVille streets!

Poor Mark :D he did not move quickly @Stina1701A but it is good for his career to not waste time in love lol Sometimes I do not like the aspiration or career of premades, I love your idea that someone can start looking for a new passion :) It is a good way to refresh the game (and also RL yay).

@Karababy52 I know it! They are pyromaniacs :D Uf, that happened to me, being in another house when a fire starts. The worst moment was at the house of a fallen fairy (an evil vampire): she lives in a tree house so the main entrance is at the first floor. The game do not allow you to knock a first floor door and I forgot to place a door at the ground floor. I exit the game :| I still need to play with infected sims! I will do it with this household when Mother awakes in my story.

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    @emere oh I live for the drama :D I want the 2 women to walk past each other in the hallways and get to scrapping on sight!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I have. They adopted a Dalmatian.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    While I can't say anything about Mark, Alice and Leslie already appealed to me initially and are basically the only premades I like enough in Strangerville to warrant me saving them in my library in case of any future incidents. Haven't really thought of playing them, though. Maybe the freelancer career update may change that.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I do find it interesting that they're three singles but live in a 2BR house with each room having a double bed -- who sleeps with whom? I'm thinking of moving them to a proper 3 BR house then play them to maybe explore the freelance careers a bit.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    that's one of the things that bothered me about the house layout. and one of the first things i fixed with it, kept shell, but redid all the interior (one of those second floor bathrooms being absolutely gargantuan made zero sense, either. esp the shape/location of it. that should have been a bedroom, and now is)

i've wondered if leslie never got a bedroom since she's infected, so has all her needs fill up at 1 am every day, anyway. but even if that's the case, the layout bothered me and has been taken care of (bonus, now have the strangerville plants to do some yardwork with)

i've had all three join the freelancer career, as stated in my previous post in the thread. they've all hit the 'promotion' tier in their categories and i'm considering have them swap to other options next time i play them. even though leslie has some programming skill, i had her work on writer since that was her aspiration, might have her go programmer later. mark got the programmer option since the ladies chose first, but he is likely going into painter since that's the other skill he's been working on quite a bit on his own. not sure i'll actually have alice join the author branch, so she might keep painter and just work on her instruments on the side (...as an aside, i love that you can have sims switch tracks in the freelancer career. that's such a nice thing)
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Yes, I love them too! :) (I love all StrangerVille's families.)

They are cute and adorable.

Leslie thinks it's okay to eat the fruit...

XGkhpUR.png

The guy is undecided...

LACwrWy.png

The other girl doesn't think so, and will fight Mother!

I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Is Leslie always the default bartender?
    Because in my game I expected her to be Infected the first time I saw her, and instead she was serving drinks. But as soon as she left for home (and disappeared off screen) she then came back into view, Infected.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    nope, the game picks random townies (even housed ones) for bartender jobs. as long as they're listed as unplayed, they're fair game. in my strangerville, the bartender is actually one of the randomly generated conspiracy theorists. which i actually like, gives her a bit of extra personality

leslie and the other members of the household managed to stay unemployed for me until the freelancer career arrived, then i put all three of them in it

leslie is one of the three that starts out infected in the game, though, alongside ted roswell and jess sigworth. after you complete the story, if you decide to restart it, random sims get selected for initial infections (though i go back in and reinfect those three every time)
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @stilljustme2 I think there are only two beds because Leslie is infected and never sleeps. I think Mark is okay with it, wanting to be friend with everyone and is quite agreeable. However, Alice doesn't buy it.

@kalaksed Freelancer career, mmm? I should try it! Leslie will write propaganda books for the plant. I don't know what is Mark's talent. Maybe electro music or dance? As for Alice, why does she want to be a painter when she has the skill to be a musician? In the trailer, she joins the army. She does not look the part...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    kalaksed wrote: »
    nope, the game picks random townies (even housed ones) for bartender jobs. as long as they're listed as unplayed, they're fair game. in my strangerville, the bartender is actually one of the randomly generated conspiracy theorists. which i actually like, gives her a bit of extra personality

leslie and the other members of the household managed to stay unemployed for me until the freelancer career arrived, then i put all three of them in it

leslie is one of the three that starts out infected in the game, though, alongside ted roswell and jess sigworth. after you complete the story, if you decide to restart it, random sims get selected for initial infections (though i go back in and reinfect those three every time)

Ok! Just curious. I know how it usually works, and the other parameter the game checks is if they have a career. Most don't, but Bella never shows up as doing food stand or playing the piano or serving drinks or whatever because she is actually coded to have a job as a secret agent from the get-go.

Lol @Hejix I love that picture of Mark!!!

Yes, @kalaksed in my first story I saw Leslie for the first time at the Creepy Welcome Wagon :D

EU2FlvK.png

BTW @Beardedgeek even if sims have a career, if you do not play them, the game can switch them to another career. For example: in my testing save Bella works at a Spa :D Only played households are safe of this.
    emere wrote: »
    BTW @Beardedgeek even if sims have a career, if you do not play them, the game can switch them to another career. For example: in my testing save Bella works at a Spa :D Only played households are safe of this.

There is a middle ground. I just realized I put all the premades I care about in the "My Sims" category, but marked as unplayed before starting the game.