Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Geez THAT'S alot...(The new merch)

124...Next

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    All I know is the designs are ugly af and it’s riduculously over priced that the average Simmer in the target market can not afford.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I won't buy them personally(gotta save for the furure!) but I do wish they would partner with brands that are more popular, affortavle and great. I know many fans want a collab like H&M and IKEA, and mee to I would love to have those types of packs, however this collab is pretty much, a miss imo.

Its fine to do a brand collab even if they are not well known(atleast in my case) as long as they are great in design, related to the game, and if purchaseble by players, affortable, but they took it differently. Well atleast The Sims is getting attention, and I hope that many people can heard more of The Sims with this brand collab 🙂
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Forgive me if this is in the wrong place. But the new merch from Moschino and the Sims has launched

https://www.moschino.com/us_en/moschino/moods/fw19-collection/capsule-collection.html JESUS These prices are RIDICULOUS!!?! Are they serious, I am not familiar with this brand at all...but...geeeeeeeeezzzzz ... the simple white t-shirt with a design is $275.00 and the plumbbob earrings are $220.

Some of the items are cute...but I am NOT paying these prices...

These items are more geared toward an niche than mainstream. I would never pay the fee they are asking even if I can afford to or for the love of the franchise. Some people will buy the items and I do not think the concept is geared necessarily for success but for lunch money as it will not bankrupt the company.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    I know it's probably just me, but I absolutely DESPISE packs that have brand names on the cover. I dunno, it just... bothers me...

I am not bothered at all by items having actual brand name on them but I am not for making an pack more expensive than an pack in the same group because of the name brands which does happen.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited April 2019
    JC1979 wrote: »
    @AquaGamer1212 I think the “sweaty” was intended, my daughter says it all the time when making sarcastic remarks 🙄. Apparently this brand has collaborated with H&M, this probably explains its introduction to TS4. Maybe TS4 is trying to appeal to the youth, but printing an ugly design on a sweatshirt then calling it fashion and putting a $400+ price tag “to prove its fashion” on it really doesn’t appeal to very many. It’s obvious with this blunder that TS4 marketers don’t understand their demographics. Also if they are trying get younger people to play, knowing most of the teens and young adults in my life, they won’t buy that garbage because it looks embarrassing to wear in public. Maybe a better attempt would of been to work with a brand to reproduce some the items we use in CAS, because those clothes actually look nice and wearable in real life.

I’m saying they spelled it wrong. Why would your daughter say sweaty? That doesn’t make any sense.

It do not make sense to me as well but looking at the era we are in does anything make sense anymore? I gave up an long time ago trying to make sense of anything.
    edited April 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    Man, EA is all over the place to make those losses back from Battlefield V.

Not only from that game :D
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited April 2019
    I can't believe this lol They really have the audacity to do a collaboration with maschino, like people are going to drop that much money on shirts and hoodies. The sims by itself is expensive enough, how greedy can they get? How often do you see every day people wearing maschino or even talking about this brand? Where I live nobody does. Also the models don't look unhealthy to me, they look normal they just look extremely awkward, stiff, and bored in that video. If this doesn't prove they milking y'all and the sims 4 then I don't know what will.
    giphy.gif

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    who would buy these - they are (in my opinion) ugly
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    It's called fashion sweaty, look it up

*sweety

No, that's correct.
    The models are sweaty. :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited April 2019
    treece01 wrote: »
    No thanks. I have never had any interest in buying a name when I can get much higher quality clothing elsewhere and at a much more reasonable price. Plus it's just not my style. I really hope this isn't our next SP.

I had a sinking feeling it is what is going to be..

Yeeaaaaah, I could think of tons of different stuff packs we would like ...

but The Sims Team : No, we are giving you Moschino isn't it awesome.... -roll eyes-

It can be TS4's Katy Perry Sweet Treats. :p

In all seriousness I would not mind this..?

EDIT : Though I'd be so happy with a Lady Gaga stuff pack.
    Post edited by KaeChan2089 on
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yep, I checked it out after the announcement and literally laughed out loud when I saw the prices!!
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    No thanks. I have never had any interest in buying a name when I can get much higher quality clothing elsewhere and at a much more reasonable price. Plus it's just not my style. I really hope this isn't our next SP.

I had a sinking feeling it is what is going to be..

Yeeaaaaah, I could think of tons of different stuff packs we would like ...

but The Sims Team : No, we are giving you Moschino isn't it awesome.... -roll eyes-

It can be TS4's Katy Perry Sweet Treats. :p

In all seriousness I would not mind this..?

EDIT : Though I'd be so happy with a Lady Gaga stuff pack.

Imagine a sweets themed stuff or gamepack! The build/buy to make a gingerbread themed house, cute clothes, candy making, and being able to make gingerbread houses for sims to decorate.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    LOL. Coming from a design background, I could just make those on my own and go to a clothes/phone cover printing shop or something. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hey folks let's leave it out with the "thin vs large" discussion, there's no need for it and it's not going to go well. I've removed quite a few posts already. The forum really isn't the place for that discussion and it's just derailing the thread.

I've also merged another thread discussing this in here so that all discussion can be in the same thread.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited April 2019
    Who the plum thought this was a good idea. I have many different emotions seeing this and none of them are good. Incredulously stupid decision. :s I don't have words to efficiently describe how bad this is.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2019
    I am not sure if this collab was meant for any simmers to necessarily buy, considering everything that they have done since The Sims 4 was released seems to be marketed towards a younger crowd who would definitely never be able to afforda label like Moschino. Which is what it is, a label/designer whatever. Their prices are high because of their demographic. Celebs like Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry have sported Moschino in the past. Miley even did a collab with Jeremy Scott, the creative director/head honcho of Moschino. Also as mentioned, they've done other collabs, like with Mattel when they did a Barbie capsule collection in Spring of 2015, but they didn't expect children to purchase their clothing or collectable dolls. The clothing was for adults, skimpy, and again, pricey. But those clothes were seen all over fashion week when that launched.

Moschino is known to be kitschy, weird, and a little out there. I think this was meant to be more of a PR stunt, and I am not sure Maxis will see much profit from it, other than the rights for their name and likeness being used. I could be completely wrong on this as I have no idea the details to whatever they agreed upon. There is just no way they expected this collection to sell like hotcakes to simmers.

Moschino has also done stuff with Mcdonald's, Looney Toons, H&M (as mentioned), Candy Crush, as well as other weird themes. I'm sure some of you have seen their perfume that looks like a spray bottle of some type of multi purpose cleaner. Thats just how Jeremy Scott and his namesake label is.

Bottom line, Moschino is a designer, yes, its expensive. Just like Gucci (Though MUCH classier than Moschino), Chloe, Alexander 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Fendi, Prada, etc. It is meant to be an exclusive brand. And I totally agree that I would never pay for anything Moschino because it is just too out there for me and definitely not my taste or within this expecting mother's budget lol. And I am also not sure why the Sims decided this was a collab that many would be excited about.

And to touch on the models, I think they are trying much too hard to look like our beloved pixelated people, thus the robotic faces. Looks like those models should have gotten into character and played the game first ;) I don't expect much else from the fashion industry, though, which is one of the many reasons why I stopped pursuing a career in it.
  • pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    When I first saw the website, I thought Moschino was generating Sims4 content. It took me a minute to realize that they were designing clothes IRL that represented a virtual Minecraft fashion sense.
    "Interesting." Life imitates art that imitates life that imitates art.
    You know, I wouldn't mind forking out $5.00 for a Sims4 Moschino "stuff pack," but IRL I'll pass on Moschino merchandise until it's processed through Goodwill.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Hehe. I will say one thing, I was FULLY expecting this collab to result in unusually low pricing from Moschino, but I was wrong and this guy did not compromise his company’s integrity for EA. Good for him! That being said, these clothes are gross and they are also expensive. Dunno who they realistically think is going to spend $200 on what amounts to a novelty tshirt.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    hideous. laughable. ridiculous. pretentious. out of touch. alienating. yeah... seems about right.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Pretty sure there's plenty of people that buy designer brand items. (Even if the majority of them looks like they're hideous to most, but guess there's people that like that kinda thing. For me I don't care for Gucci. I think it's most of it is pretty tacky and overpriced. Same with my dislike for apple and their overpriced merchandise.) Obviously not meant for the average simmer to buy. Wouldn't be surprised if the people that bought it never played the sims before. (I would like those plumbob earrings though.)

Already a store for Sim merch anyway that's more affordable more so for the average simmer.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This thread is hilarious. I just loved all the comments. You guys were right in line with my thinking.

I want to know why in the world would they do a collaboration with Moschino. I thought they were adding the clothes in the game not actually selling real Moschino clothing with a sim logo...lol Sometimes I wonder if they really know simmers. I mean there was a recent thread where people were complaining about not having the 32 bit sim game anymore. This means they cannot even afford a computer that can run the 64 bit game and they do a collaboration to sell a tee-shirt for like $275.00. I am sure the ultra rich wouldn't want their moschino tainted with the Sim logo.

My questions is....who is this for?? LOL
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    guys....$165 for an umbrella :|
  • EsReverniDrawrofEsReverniDrawrof Posts: 30 Member
    I've made cuter T shirts in Animal Crossing- haha. Designer clothes are purposely overpriced to keep them exclusive (EVERYONE can't be VIP or else no one would be) and some designer stuff is awesome (I can't stand Gucci). I'm not even sure I would buy/wear this merch if it WAS affordable- this collab is 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Does it really represent Sims 4 (minus the bathing suit and umbrella)? I mentioned Animal Crossing earlier because this merch really looks a lot like stuff I've made in that game- pixelated, which doesn't resemble Sims 4. Anyway, good luck selling this stuff Moschino/EA, I'll look for it on the Dillard's clearance racks- and pass.
  • EsReverniDrawrofEsReverniDrawrof Posts: 30 Member
    Im not of rank to edit my post, but I meant this collab is ugly. Funny I was censored for an f.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It's weird to me because they've said they market the game to teenaged girls and new Simmers, not the existing "veteran" Sim players who tend to be a little older, so they create the game accordingly, taking the loyalty of existing players for granted...and then, when the company is struggling, they go and partner with a brand that can only be afforded by adults who have that kind of money.

Yeah...now they want our attention, lol.
    #Team Occult