Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nraas Returner

Is there a way to increase lightning strike chance with returner I look in the xml but can't find it!

Comments

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Finding what you want in Retuner is like walking in a maze. :smile: Go on the NRaas site and ask the question in their Chatterbox and I'm sure someone there can help you.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    I think the correct mod would be Tempest. It controls the weather. https://www.nraas.net/community/Tempest-Interactions
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Tempest doesn't control lightning strikes.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    That's correct, it's not part of Tempest unless all you want is more rain and thus more thunder/lightning storms.

The way to find things like this is to open the full ITUN file in a text editor and do ctrl+F types of text searches on keywords. That would be "lightning," in this case. There's often more art than science to this (some keywords will return thousands of results, others none unexpectedly) and often we have to guess what the settings that we find actually do and test things out.

NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Seasons > SeasonsManager+WeatherManager+RainEvent > ...
    kMinTimeBetweenLightning > (default is 15)
    kMaxTimeBetweenLightning > (default is 45)
    kChanceForceLightningOnFocusLot > (default is 15)

Adjusting those should provide more (or less) lightning during a rain weather event. But perhaps we want to increase the chances of getting hit once there actually is some.

NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > ...
    BuffLightningMagnet > kTimeTilNextBolt > (default is 15)
    BuffLightningMagnet > kChanceOfBeingHitByLightning > (default is 40)

I assume this means the chances when one's sim already has the Lightning Magnet buff, but I don't really know how one gets that. It might be an ITF thing and not really relevant for regular rain storms. Perhaps other players know, at NRaas if not here.

The NRaas DebugEnabler mod also has a "Do Lightning Strike" terrain and object command, but can't say I've ever tried it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • FlyingDarkWingFlyingDarkWing Posts: 111 Member
    Thank you for the answer I'm grateful!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited April 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    Adjusting those should provide more (or less) lightning during a rain weather event. But perhaps we want to increase the chances of getting hit once there actually is some.

NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > ...
    BuffLightningMagnet > kTimeTilNextBolt > (default is 15)
    BuffLightningMagnet > kChanceOfBeingHitByLightning > (default is 40)

I assume this means the chances when one's sim already has the Lightning Magnet buff, but I don't really know how one gets that. It might be an ITF thing and not really relevant for regular rain storms. Perhaps other players know, at NRaas if not here.

The NRaas DebugEnabler mod also has a "Do Lightning Strike" terrain and object command, but can't say I've ever tried it.
    Carrying an umbrella while outside in a heavy rainstorm would give that buff.

Just remembered as I just had my sim get struck by lightening they will also get the buff when the game decides to have a lightening bolt strike your sims lot and they happen to be outside at the time even without an umbrella.

I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p