Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help find "Items Removed"

So I have a save file with one of my sims wearing a pair of pants. I recently went through all my cc and deleted stuff I didn't like, but forgot I was using these pants for a video I was shooting. I really need these specific pants back or I'd have to start the project from scratch for continuity reasons.

I get the "items removed" message when I load the save file so I want to know if there is a way to look at what item has been removed so I can go get it back.

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    It says items removed because that file has been deleted from your Mod's folder. Your older save cannot access it if the item isn't there.
    Do you maybe have a screenshot of your Sim in the pants that you could share? I'd be happy to try to find them.
  • hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
    @Bananas_45 Yes, I understand why I get the message. As I said I deleted the mod myself. It would be somewhere in my trash.

I am curious if there is like a crash-report type thing that generates when the "Items Removed" message appears in-game. If I could look at it and see the package.file name that was removed then I could go locate it.

I would suggest adding all the files back to your Mods folder and use Sims 4 Studio to look at them.

Cut and paste the files currently in your mods folder to your desktop then restore the files in your trash.
    Download Sims 4 Studio http://sims4studio.com/ you will need an account but, membership is free.
    Open Sims 4 Studio
    From the main page choose My CC this will open a new window. On the left, you will see all the file names and in the middle of the screen will be a picture of the corresponding CC. Find the one you want, past that to your desktop, go back to your Mods folder and delete the unwanted files.
    Then cut and paste your good CC back to the Mods folder.

@Bananas_45 The thing is, I went through thousands of mods, and deleted roughly 900. So.... that is why I was looking for some other approach. Is there really just no way to see what items the message is referring to.

I mean the game must recognize file xyz is gone from save abc to then produce that error message. Surely there is some report in the Sims 4 folder. If not I guess I would be surprised.
    hughug wrote: »
    @Bananas_45 The thing is, I went through thousands of mods, and deleted roughly 900. So.... that is why I was looking for some other approach. Is there really just no way to see what items the message is referring to.

I mean the game must recognize file xyz is gone from save abc to then produce that error message. Surely there is some report in the Sims 4 folder. If not I guess I would be surprised.

You could ask in the technical section: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/technical-discussions
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2019
    Unfortunately if you can't remember the name of the pants or the package file, it's going to be trial or error. My advice? Remove from your recycle bin any mod that may have been related to pants, reinstall those mods, and see if it shows up.

UPDATE: Click on the "lastException" text document in your main Sims 4 folder. Scroll to the right, eventually a .package name will show up. I had deleted a mod that did this too but I fixed it bc I knew which one it was.

Hope this helps!
    @MLadyAzzera I am just now seeing this but yay thank you so much! I figured there was a way.