Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could create your own expansion pack, what would it be?

If you could create your own expansion pack and add it to the game for everyone to use, what would you create? I would create a theme park expansion for our sims.

Comments

• NoodlesAllenNoodlesAllen Posts: 1 New Member
    I would LOVE to see the countryside expansion pack come to the Sims 4 (farmer career, farm animals, countryside world, new clothes, new furniture, new aspiration(s) and traits).
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2019
    Grunge and more grunge. Dirty faces, messy hair, dirty ripped clothes, that get dirty over time, and have to be washed. Houses would start to decay, need wood replacements, a new roof, rats and roaches would make more messes and holes. Sims would have to do their own work, build, paint and decorate. If they had a hole in the wall or ripped wallpaper, they could take an old, dirty, cheap picture and put over it. They would do the work, no hand of god rushing in to fix it for them. Broken windows, open windows, wind breaking anything near the window, like a flower vase, they would have to clean it up. And shut the windows etc. They would have to board up their windows if they couldn't afford to go buy a new glass. Wind would mess up a Sim's hair, they would need to brush it, or other Sims would point and laugh (yes, I am mean), they would have to smooth out their crumpled clothes. Reality...if you don't fix it, it breaks and falls down. And I would add more deviant play, no more rainbows and sunshine. Sim has a bad mood, so the district would have a dark cloud hanging over it, no one would see the sunshine until they tell that Sim to knock it off, or console them or something. No man is an island. Sims would have to worry Johnny is in a bad mood. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    A shopping centre pack where sims can work or shop in different shops. Ther ecould be a supermarket which sells foods that give different moodlets, a repair shop where sims could work to improve handiness, fast food outlet (using Dine Out), a kiddies play area, etc.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    i would like a farming pack with a new countryside, new career, animals, big lots, supermarkets that one could use like in sims3, i miss that!! and more food items. :p
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Farm life-cows, horses, chickens, pigs. sheep, goats. Horses can be ridden or used to pull carts, cows & goats can be milked, eggs gathered, sheep shorn. They can make cheese & butter from the milk. Corn & wheat crops (also flax, oats, rice, soybeans). New recipe-fried chicken. And a sunny Midwestern style world, with several 64 x 64 lots. And a tractor, of course!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    This probably will not happen but I would love a better camping pack or tiny home pack. I want buildable RVs.

Maybe we could have different sized bases to choose from with wheels and hitches. Then we could build up the rest ourselves. I am not a big fan of shells but I would be happy with an option of different vehicle shells that we could then customize to our liking.

I would like bunk beds, murphy beds, sleeping bags and ladders. I also want a small bath that does everything (shower, toilet and sink) in one tiny package. Maybe furniture that has more then one purpose like a dinette booth that becomes a bed, A smaller RV sized kitchen would also be nice.

Finally, beautiful places to park. I want secluded areas with gorgeous views of lakes, mountains, forests that I can live on. A small community area that I could make a tiny home community or trailer park. It would be my choice to choose with no fake houses or buildings telling me what it is supposed to be.

Imagine a world with just trees, lakes and sky or a world like Oasis Springs without all the fake background buildings. They could be used for anything. Historical, futuristic, apocalypse type play or Mr. Rogers neighborhood. I could choose anything.

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2019
    All types of education = nursery, elementary, high, university. Private, public and homeschooling, proms, afterschool activities, school trips. Possibility of being a teacher, professor.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Copying and pasting from the other thread. I'd make a family based 'Generations' type of pack. I want a huge focus on the neglected life stages: babies-teens and elders. Ideally, before this pack released there'd be an update for babies that upgrades them into an actual lifestage, gives them some CAS and BB related items.

For babies: Lots of CAS, BB such as cribs, toys, playmats, playpens, carseats, baby chairs, changing tables, strollers etc; and new interactions with siblings and parents, like peek-a-boo.
    For toddlers: Lots of new CAS, strollers, new toys, interactions with babies like trying to talk to them or teach them to crawl. Arts and crafts like finger paints, coloring books, clay, etc. Lots of toys they can play with with babies.
    For kids: New CAS, new toys and games for them to play, new interactions with babies, toddlers and other kids. Bikes, roller skates and skateboards. Events like sleepovers. Games like tag. I'd also like the ability to build a treehouse, similar to the way rockets in game are built over a long period of time before becoming usable.
    For teens: New CAS, learning how to drive, more parties, group dates, more jobs.
    Elders:A new section in CAS dedicated specifically to elders. New CAS, objects such as canes, walkers, rocking chairs, knitting, etc. Bingo and other games.

This pack would also add new television channels for babies and toddlers, new kids movies, and teen movies.
    New rabbithole activities like going to the movies, going to the zoo, going to the aquarium, going to a theme park, etc would be included.
    New park and sports equipment like sandboxes, slides for kids, large jungle gyms, soccer goals, tennis, football, etc.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    edited April 2019
    Farming/off the grid combined with horses

or

Theme park combined with swimable beaches and rivers (comes with a beach promenade that covers three adjacent lots and introduces the fun fair venue type)

or

SuperHeroes combined with crime, grunge and slums, probably also a story aspiration ala StrangerVille

or

Team sports (teams of up to 8 sims competing against other teams, ability to create a custom league and tournaments, very animation heavy, therefore no secondary theme in this pack)

If I have all this, Sims 4 is complete for me *greedy expression*
  • StarflareStarflare Posts: 13 New Member
    I'd love to see a superhero themed pack or maybe an island adventure type. Regardless, we need more objects and CAS items.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I like the various ideas posted for farming, with a wrinkle. Make it 19th century so no tractors other than the kind with 4 legs, preferably oxen. Save the horses for pulling the wagon to deliver your produce. Have the farm part of a village with such things as a blacksmith shop; saw, carding (wool processing), and grist (grinding grain) mills; cider press, tavern (NOT the same as a bar), general store and such. Other skills for the lady sims could be making soap & candles, dying yarn, spinning & weaving, tending various sorts of gardens. With some careful planning and attention to detail in execution a pack like this could keep players and sims very busy.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    A world pack that has a bunch of Worlds and include some that are set in different time periods like prehistoric days or something. Several was little story lines in them like stranger Ville
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Most of the things I want are from Sims games past, but if I had to pick a topic they haven't done yet?

Zoo Animals - Giraffes, elephants, alligators, camels, etc. Even if it was a career lot and you couldn't take the animals home, I would still love it.

The end.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I would create an expansion pack called "For the Ages". It would include Elder stuff, university, teen stuff, more stuff for children and toddlers, lots of new gameplay,.better babies,.and the new world called Simsville, complete with a playground, multiple schools (I'd add the ability to enroll your children in different schools and follow them), as well as tons of houses. The four new careers would be one for teens (TA) and three for adults (substitute, teacher, and proffessor). I want it to be one of those really full expansions.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2019
    I would like a farming/ countryside Expansion with nectar making, canning, a new world, corn stalks (harvestable), farm animals like cows and chicken. Horses that can be ridden. New riding skill. Mechanical rodeo bull.
    And most importantly: Haystack WooHoo
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCogCaG7EF0
    And make the mechanical rodeo bull return and tie in with the Riding skill:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FVJBkPdWk
    a256aFi.gif
  • DJ_DEAD_WOLFDJ_DEAD_WOLF Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello! :)

My Own EP:
    If I was to create my own expansion pack it would be to expand that actual worlds in the game and not just having them small sections of terrain with a circular image around the worlds would be procedurally generated planets with over a thousand lots at sizes of 128x128, 256x256, and much higher! And would focus mostly on space the moon and beyond. With more rockets/spaceships and would give less loading screens and more dynamic environments and realistic ultra-high resolution textures throughout and would fix the barely working sims task system.

Suggestion:
    Personally, I believe the base game itself is owd a massive overhaul of performance optimizations, bug fixes, realization, and audio improvements, the game is awesome I just think it can be taken so much further and EA should NOT be charging us for content that should have been in the game from day one release of the base game.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Supernatural. Witches, werewolves, fairies, dragons. Spells and magic, broomsticks, a massive, magical world that's closed off to regular human Sims. I want absolutely nothing realistic in this pack.
  • SterkinsenARTSterkinsenART Posts: 124 Member
    edited April 2019
    Anything involving Vikings and Dragons-- ESPECIALLY Dragons!!! <3<3<3
    I can't help it, I LOVE dragons.
    Sims-4-Dragon.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&dpr=1.5
  • Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    All those ideas sound really great! :)
  • kr823kr823 Posts: 37 Member
    > @Oldeseadogge said:
    > I like the various ideas posted for farming, with a wrinkle. Make it 19th century so no tractors other than the kind with 4 legs, preferably oxen. Save the horses for pulling the wagon to deliver your produce. Have the farm part of a village with such things as a blacksmith shop; saw, carding (wool processing), and grist (grinding grain) mills; cider press, tavern (NOT the same as a bar), general store and such. Other skills for the lady sims could be making soap & candles, dying yarn, spinning & weaving, tending various sorts of gardens. With some careful planning and attention to detail in execution a pack like this could keep players and sims very busy.

Yes I would absolutely love an historic pack. It would be really cool to have a whole world without modern technology (no cellphones!), would be perfect for the decades challenge.
    Ideally I'd love something similar to sims medieval, but even up to the 19th century would be cool.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    At this point I'm so desperated about lackluster sims that I would create an EP "better personalities".
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Grunge and more grunge. Dirty faces, messy hair, dirty ripped clothes, that get dirty over time, and have to be washed. Houses would start to decay, need wood replacements, a new roof, rats and roaches would make more messes and holes. Sims would have to do their own work, build, paint and decorate. If they had a hole in the wall or ripped wallpaper, they could take an old, dirty, cheap picture and put over it. They would do the work, no hand of god rushing in to fix it for them. Broken windows, open windows, wind breaking anything near the window, like a flower vase, they would have to clean it up. And shut the windows etc. They would have to board up their windows if they couldn't afford to go buy a new glass. Wind would mess up a Sim's hair, they would need to brush it, or other Sims would point and laugh (yes, I am mean), they would have to smooth out their crumpled clothes. Reality...if you don't fix it, it breaks and falls down. And I would add more deviant play, no more rainbows and sunshine. Sim has a bad mood, so the district would have a dark cloud hanging over it, no one would see the sunshine until they tell that Sim to knock it off, or console them or something. No man is an island. Sims would have to worry Johnny is in a bad mood. >:)

I like that idea
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I would make a family pack
    with rocking chairs for elder sims and unleash babies from the crib and give them more objects that they can be brought to like the
    rocking chair or a stroller no longer would you sim have to leave there babies at home
    also better pregnancy mood swings and cravings abound with new interactions for dad like talk to tummy
    and baby showers as well as bachelor/ bachelorette parties and online dating
    slow dancing would make a return as well as cuddling in bed and shower woohoo teens would be able to egg someones house
    and get arrested as well as runaway from home
    I would make a family pack
    with rocking chairs for elder sims and unleash babies from the crib and give them more objects that they can be brought to like the
    rocking chair or a stroller no longer would you sim have to leave there babies at home
    also better pregnancy mood swings and cravings abound with new interactions for dad like talk to tummy
    and baby showers as well as bachelor/ bachelorette parties and online dating
    slow dancing would make a return as well as cuddling in bed and shower woohoo teens would be able to egg someones house
    and get arrested as well as runaway from home
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I'd make an Urbz/San Myushino hybrid expansion pack. Big city with different subcultures/styles and cool apartments. New clothes, hair, personalities and walk styles as well as new dance types. For transportation, I'd have cab and subway rabbit holes and bikes. I'd also add a mall and movie theater somewhere in the mix. Ugggghhhhh The Urbz is slept on!