Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    Hello! I just recently started my attempt on a legacy story. I use the ultra extreme start, so as you can guess I like being brutal to my sims lol. I want to stick as close to the rules as I can. I've read the rules, however I have a couple questions about primary spouses.
    Maybe @Pinstar1161 or someone else can help me:

1: What are considered unique traits for a primary spouse? Traits no other spouses have had, traits no current member of household has, or traits no-one else ever in the family history had?

2: Are those traits only the 3 normal traits, or does that include aspiration trait and reward trait?

3: Can there be more than one primary spouse in the same home? i.e. founder+spouse, ya offspring+spouse. Are both considered primary spouses for points?
  • Tim7118Tim7118 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just started my first legacy challenge and married Penny Pizzazz. I added a sim to her household so she brought in no money but then I saw that she's level 8 of the internet personality career and making 278 an hour. My founder is on level 4 of the culinary career making 35 an hour and lives in a 1 room home with just a bed shower toilet fridge a bar and stove with 770 total household funds.

Penny only works 12 hours a week so that's just a little over $3,000 a week but it still seems like it might make things a lot easier for me since as of now he only brings in $1,120 a week. should I have her start a new career so they struggle together? Or just have her stick with it since even though her hourly is huge and she is high in the career she doesn't work much and only brings in 3k a week?
  • Arikatatafu_Arikatatafu_ Posts: 5 New Member
    @PitlordMaggie I'm unsure about your first two questions but as an answer for your third, I believe any spouses you have for offspring would be counted as "Spares", just as other children besides the next heir would be.
    @PitlordMaggie I'm unsure about your first two questions but as an answer for your third, I believe any spouses you have for offspring would be counted as "Spares", just as other children besides the next heir would be.

Let me clarify: I was talking about leader of family and the next in line aka heir, and their spouses. I don't count in spouses of spares.

I was referring to https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules-scoring-bulletpoint-format/

'For every 3 unique traits that the Primary spouse (see the spouses section of the Gameplay Rules for more information on Primary spouses) brings into the family you gain 1 point for a total of 10 points by the end of the challenge.'

This part.

I forgot to add: How do we get the 10 point? The challenge stops once the 10 gen is born, so of course they can't be married :s
    Tim7118 wrote: »
    Just started my first legacy challenge and married Penny Pizzazz. I added a sim to her household so she brought in no money but then I saw that she's level 8 of the internet personality career and making 278 an hour. My founder is on level 4 of the culinary career making 35 an hour and lives in a 1 room home with just a bed shower toilet fridge a bar and stove with 770 total household funds.

Penny only works 12 hours a week so that's just a little over $3,000 a week but it still seems like it might make things a lot easier for me since as of now he only brings in $1,120 a week. should I have her start a new career so they struggle together? Or just have her stick with it since even though her hourly is huge and she is high in the career she doesn't work much and only brings in 3k a week?

I haven't read any rules that says you can't. I think she can stay in her career if you didn't know about her career level beforehand. I would take it a positive surprise.
  • MysticLegacyMysticLegacy Posts: 97 Member
    Hello! I just recently started my attempt on a legacy story. I use the ultra extreme start, so as you can guess I like being brutal to my sims lol. I want to stick as close to the rules as I can. I've read the rules, however I have a couple questions about primary spouses.

1: What are considered unique traits for a primary spouse? Traits no other spouses have had, traits no current member of household has, or traits no-one else ever in the family history had?

2: Are those traits only the 3 normal traits, or does that include aspiration trait and reward trait?

3: Can there be more than one primary spouse in the same home? i.e. founder+spouse, ya offspring+spouse. Are both considered primary spouses for points?

1. Yes traits no other spouse has had. Not traits other family members have had.
    2. Only the 3 normal traits. It doesn't include aspirations/rewards.
    3. Yes. The founder and heir can both have spouses in the house at the same time. Though technically you should only count the spouse for the current generation for points. Once that spouse/heir dies you can start counting the new one.
    Mystic

Wife of Pinstar & co-owner of The Sims Legacy Challenge website
    Origin ID - Pinstar1161 (shared with my husband)
    Twitter - @Sims_Legacy

1. Yes traits no other spouse has had. Not traits other family members have had.
    2. Only the 3 normal traits. It doesn't include aspirations/rewards.
    3. Yes. The founder and heir can both have spouses in the house at the same time. Though technically you should only count the spouse for the current generation for points. Once that spouse/heir dies you can start counting the new one.

Thank you for clarifying! I guess I can call the the other spouse the secondary spouse. Could be some side drama just with that lol!

"I'm the prime you'r only second" *snubs* >:)
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I have used the ”The Sims 4 Random Trait and Aspiration Generator", how do the ones mentioned above differ from it?
    Lquinn wrote: »
    I have used the ”The Sims 4 Random Trait and Aspiration Generator", how do the ones mentioned above differ from it?

I was talking about what traits to look for when finding a mate, and the love score category. Sims born in the household I roll for :smile:

ps: cute dog!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

I was talking about what traits to look for when finding a mate, and the love score category. Sims born in the household I roll for :smile:

i chose for my founderand his wife. then geeration 2 came and i did the same. it worked once right. well my generation2 heircaught his wife with someone else. so get revenge simple right...........no. he got the revenge but when i told him thats it he cheated again........he threw up to get his way.

i chose for my founderand his wife. then geeration 2 came and i did the same. it worked once right. well my generation2 heircaught his wife with someone else. so get revenge simple right...........no. he got the revenge but when i told him thats it he cheated again........he threw up to get his way.

And they say a womans tears is the most powerful weapon... I beg to differ.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

And they say a womans tears is the most powerful weapon... I beg to differ.

you heard the story before. i think :) it was for those who hadn't lol plus i love telling it cause who knew that would happen.
  • jripliejriplie Posts: 31 Member
    Just started my first Simlit Legacy. I can't wait to be able to share it properly with the community.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @PitlordMaggie .
    She is too cute, she runs our house with an iron paw.
  • Riverspirit123456789Riverspirit123456789 Posts: 35 Member
    My sims 4 legacy challenge family is getting kinda complicated. Mostly because I like to use all of the family members. I also have a family tree on Family Echo and I like to put even the extended family on it when I do this and the tree is huge. In one of my branches I have like 6 generations, when in the main branch i'm almost in the 3rd generation.
  • HayleyN2019HayleyN2019 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm new to Sims 4 challenges and I was curious if you have to start with no house and no money in a legacy challenge as I feel like that makes it to much like a rags to riches and I am not interested in playing one of those.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm new to Sims 4 challenges and I was curious if you have to start with no house and no money in a legacy challenge as I feel like that makes it to much like a rags to riches and I am not interested in playing one of those.
    Have you been to The Sims Legacy Challenge website?
    http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/
    This challenge by @Pinstar1161 and @MysticLegacy has been around for many years. The roots of most legacy style challenges are to have a single Sim start new with nothing and work up to improve their circumstances with each generation that follows. So yes it is essentially a Rags to Riches style challenge. The exception is you can start with §1800 which is enough to get a few basics. In the end it is your game and you can play any way that makes you happy.

• OptionalDialogueOptionalDialogue Posts: 15 Member
    Love the idea of a legacy challenge but 10 generations is a really long time :lol:
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    I think I will try this on my laptop. It will be really hard though haha.
  • xxDriftingAwayxxDriftingAway Posts: 79 Member
    Just started my first legacy with Jasmine Martinez. :)

https://imgur.com/gDU7gpr

Obligatory Picture

Question though, are we allowed to start with animals? What ist he rule with that? I plan to do an extreme start.
  • eronnewseronnews Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh wooow thank you for this!
  • xxDriftingAwayxxDriftingAway Posts: 79 Member
    @xxDriftingAway When in doubt go to the official site linked in the first post.
    http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/
    Gameplay rules for various packs can be found here:
    https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-gameplay-rules/

Weird. I didn't see that linked before. Thank you!
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    I finally decided to give legacy challenge a try! I am so unsure of what to do in my game lately, I feel like I have no goal. I hope this challenge will help me!
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    I’m giving it a try too. I actually played it before, but in The Sims 2. I decided to renew my old legacy family in Sims 4 with a really odd plot twist. The problem is now the founder is approaching the end of their YA life stage and the only men she’s friends with is Father Winter, and two promotional sims from the gallery. I was actually aiming for someone else, but he just doesn’t show up on community lots. The romance guru in the festival said she’d meet a tall dark stranger, so Father Winter is definitely out of the question because he’s not tall and dark or a stranger at that time, and I really don’t want her in particular to marry someone un-killable anyway, maybe someone down the line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top