Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never been done before

So what is the one thing the Sims have never done, in any of the games that you would love to add to?

Comments

• kellivan68kellivan68 Posts: 34 Member
    1. Canning
    2. Candle Making
    3. Taxes
    4. Child Support
    5. Little People ... Short adults ....
  • SomebodySomeplaceSomebodySomeplace Posts: 62 Member
    Has there ever been an amusement park or a theme park type vacation option, or a carnival event?
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Has there ever been an amusement park or a theme park type vacation option, or a carnival event?

Yes, The Sims 1 Makin' Magic had a creepy carnival roller coaster ride.
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    Curved walls.
    L shaped staircases.
    Connecting walls with different heights. (like building a zero foundation room/garage attached to the rest of the house with a higher foundation, using different wal heights on the same floor level)
    Indoor platforms to create different levels within same floor.
    Split floors
    Sims having roller blades to skate around.
    Sims playing tennis.
    Classical art careers like opera singers, concert pianists, ballerinas, ballets,
    Instruments like flute, saxaphone, harp, cello

these are the things that come to my mind now. I may add more later.
  • AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
    I love all of that especially the l shaped stairs
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    kellivan68 wrote: »
    1. Canning
    2. Candle Making
    3. Taxes
    4. Child Support
    5. Little People ... Short adults ....

Sims 1 had a canning station too :) I don't remember which pack that came in though.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Has previous games had a full banking system? Because I definitely want that in the game.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    edited April 2019
    Murder....or a really deviant pack that with a quirky humorous twist so it's not all death in the swimming pool, it could be poisoned ice cream, death by boredom, consequences for giving bad medical advice.
    Post edited by Bloosmoo on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Sims being able to walk side-by-side either holding hands, or with their arms around each other!

I would also like small adults. I'm a tall, short person, just so you know. We're not all taller than our menfolk. LOL I think if EA had a mind to, they could fix that animation while at the same time prevent an Adult Sim from taking advantage of a child Sim. There should be some way to distinguish between a short adult or YA and a child. If they won't give us pre-teens, perhaps we can have these shorter adults?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,392 Member
    3. Taxes
    Yeah, that’s what I need. Dread virtual taxes as well
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    3. Taxes
    Yeah, that’s what I need. Dread virtual taxes as well

Tbh, I wan't a taxes/budget system in the game. It doesn't have to be overly complicated. Just something that explains the breakdown of where money is going. There was a budget panel in S1, and I kinda miss it. I get why most people don't want that 'realistic' part in the game. I don't think the sims team would make it too realistic. But I also wish sims could take out loans to buy homes rather than just start with a set amount of money. Perhaps I'm alone on this, but I also kinda see it as a good learning tool. I know things that happen in the game don't translate perfectly to real life, but I have found some things I've learned in game helpful in real life. *shrugs* Maybe that's just me, and I'm odd man out. I won't hold my breath for something like this.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    1. Mythology on a grand scale with a plethora of creatures we could create in CAS with horns, wings, snouts, fur, teeth, ears, hooves, antennae, etc. Something that covers myths and legends from all over the world, like Gods and half-beasts, imps and goblins, mysterious places to explore, stories to unravel, and legends to learn. I would love this.

2. Religion. We've never had a way to create some kind of religious rites or sacred objects or have cults. It wouldn't have to be based from real life, but they could use iconic Sims symbols to revere, like the Llama, Freezer Bunny, Grilled Cheese, etc. They could give us the ability to select any objects to have religious significance and be able to have our Sims worship or do rituals. Having the freedom to create our own fictional religions would be really cool.

3. Superheroes/villains. I know that Sims 2 touched on this a tiny bit at the end of the police and criminal careers where you end up becoming a hero or villain, but we've never had a way to actually play and select them. I'd love something like the X-Men, where we could choose a mutant power for our Sims and dictate if they use it for good or bad, have minions, cause crime or fight it, etc. We always get these outfits that would work for this theme, but no gameplay. Sad face.
    #Team Occult
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    A height slider/adjuster
    Child Support (so my sim can have many babies and collect support from each father) :D
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    There are some really great ideas here! There's so much I am hoping to see return (but improved on) in the TS4, but reading this has reminded me that there is a lot of great new possibilities too. I would also love to see different heights for our sims, as well as sims walking together and holding hands. I would like a home school option for children/teens and sims to have optional weaknesses so that sims don't gain skills that don't suit their character. New 'normal' careers like nurse, librarian, handyman etc. would be welcome. I want more hobbies, e.g. knitting/crochet, embroidery, origami etc. and different musical instruments like the lute, harp, flute etc. Toasters, irons and vacuum cleaners too. As I play a lot of same sex couples, it would also be nice to have a donor/surrogacy option at the hospital. Perhaps having/playing as royalty could be fun?
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sims being able to walk side-by-side either holding hands, or with their arms around each other!
    I've been writing this all over the forum lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    1. Mythology on a grand scale with a plethora of creatures we could create in CAS with horns, wings, snouts, fur, teeth, ears, hooves, antennae, etc. Something that covers myths and legends from all over the world, like Gods and half-beasts, imps and goblins, mysterious places to explore, stories to unravel, and legends to learn. I would love this.

2. Religion. We've never had a way to create some kind of religious rites or sacred objects or have cults. It wouldn't have to be based from real life, but they could use iconic Sims symbols to revere, like the Llama, Freezer Bunny, Grilled Cheese, etc. They could give us the ability to select any objects to have religious significance and be able to have our Sims worship or do rituals. Having the freedom to create our own fictional religions would be really cool.

3. Superheroes/villains. I know that Sims 2 touched on this a tiny bit at the end of the police and criminal careers where you end up becoming a hero or villain, but we've never had a way to actually play and select them. I'd love something like the X-Men, where we could choose a mutant power for our Sims and dictate if they use it for good or bad, have minions, cause crime or fight it, etc. We always get these outfits that would work for this theme, but no gameplay. Sad face.

I agree with religion. The Sims Medieval had one so why not have this feature be introduced in the fourth main game in the series? Now I don't want religion based on real life(it might become contreversial) but adding religion can add depth to The Sims themselves and most importantly their personality and everyday living. Let's say that some sims believed that doing evil things can displease gnomes, and so they won't do those evil interactions unless they had the trait that correspond to the action, or if the sim is inclined to do it. They believe that the great llama should be given cupcakes every friday? Then sims actually do it. Yeah my examples are a bit odd, but I hope tou get the pioint. It adds depth to the game and more even so it can be integrated to the traditions syatem in The Sims 4 Seasons.
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    I think adding religion to the game is not a good idea. If you ask me to name one thing that I never ever want to have in my game, that's it, religion. I like my religion free sims world.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Sims being able to sit on other sims laps,

pW6s0nV.jpg

walk hand in hand.. :3
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! Moved this over to the Ideas corner! :smile:
  • craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    Dojo: not the lot we had at the vacation world in 3, a true lot type that can be placed in any town.
    • ninja and samurai training.
    • two different types of mats that when placed, one would allow you to take a ninjitsu class, the other a samurai sword class.
    • smaller mats for individual practicing.
    • ninja and samurai clothing.
    • weapons and other things for the dojo wall.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Some of these things may have been in TS3, but I've never played that iteration...anyway:

1. Curved walls
    2. Swimming pool access stairs in the water
    3. Make-up color intensity slider - Would love to tone down the saturation on a lot of the current make-up, especially eye shadows and lipstick.
    4. Chatting while fishing - Another option to make more friends or a bonding opportunity for family. Would be cool too if parents could teach children how to fish i.e. help cast, use the right lure (see below) or tips for the right bait to use, etc.
    5. Fishing tackle box with lure collectibles and wall display box - A little variety would be nice instead of Sims always using that red/white bobber.
    6. Fish cooler to keep them fresh longer - would be especially nice to have for Sims on vacation or fishing for long periods of time
    7. Car race tracks with competitions & Driver/Pit/Garage Crew/Owner careers - Perhaps even Demo Derbies. Grand stand seating with refreshment vendors hawking standard fare to fans in the stands. Could also have team garages to build/design race cars with team member skill levels dependent on how well your car competes. I know there was a fixer-upper car kind of thing before, but this would be different or could even be an add-on to it if we were to ever get cars again.
    8. Wood & Pot Belly stoves - Fully functional with inside/outside wood storage box, stackable cords of wood cut with an ax or chainsaw (new skills), new trees to grow and cut, or make some current trees harvestable and perhaps a wood delivery system or kiosk for those who don't want to cut wood for their stoves. Could also have new fireplaces that use wood and/or update the current ones as well.
    9. Crockpots/Slow Cooker objects with new recipes.
    10. Hot Air Balloons - New ownable business type offering rides for dates, special occasions, etc. Could be a new woo hoo location. Or Sims could also buy kits in different designs to build (new skill) and tether in their yard or fly/race with other Sims. Would be cool too if they had a variety of shapes such as; freezer bunny, heart, plumbbob, maybe a llama, etc. I could see them being a part of a carnival/amusement park pack as well for decoration, rides or balloon races. They look gorgeous lit up at night too for 'Balloon Illume' events.

Lastly, I agree 110% with the idea of hand holding and arms around each other while walking, plus jogging/hiking together while talking for our Sims!! I've wanted this since TS1. Please? :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2019
    2. Candle Making
    4. Child Support
    Has previous games had a full banking system? Because I definitely want that in the game.

A big YES to these
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Different decades. The world asthetic, culture, life style, etc... would change throught the years. Of course this gameplay would be an optional thing.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Pirates! Check my signature :blush:

Post-Apocalypse survival pack.

A rural Victorian world with Farming! Livestock and products like butter, cheese, wool etc. and many things to craft from harvestables, flowers etc. (ex nectar, jams/preserves, canned goods, soaps etc).
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    A crush system!
    Let there be Fairies! o:)