Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are we going to see a patch to fix pets?

nightmaresilencenightmaresilence Posts: 67 Member
edited April 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I feel like I'm the only person in the world suffering this issue, but I'm certain I am not. Where did the option to train out bad behaviours in pets go?? There used to be something that said, "Discourage pet from rolling in water puddle/drinking from toilet/playing in trash." That would eventually break the habit. I've spent a dogs -long- life in base-game unmodded Sims 4 now "Scolding" the pet when she does something wrong, and the habits are still there. Mods? Devs? Anyone? Are we gonna fix what's broken in the game before we release more packs??
P.S. I'd like to add that I've seen NO information on this in patch notes in the last 6 months as either being an issue or the option having been removed. What's up?

Comments

• nightmaresilencenightmaresilence Posts: 67 Member
    edited April 2019
    "Successfully train out 2 misbehaviours" is still in the checklist for Friends of the Animals Aspiration. While this Sim isn't aiming for this particular aspiration, she wouldn't be able to complete it anyway because the option is missing in pets.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Pets have been bugged since Seasons. I'm hoping the patch Tuesday fixes most of the issues with them. :/
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Are you talking about “lecture about drinking from puddle” and stuff like that? That pops up for me still when my dog is drinking from a puddle.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    Comes up fine for me too. But once they learned all they can from it - it does stop coming up. I heard it depends on the pet as to how well they learn. Like stubborn pets do not learn very well for one.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I havent used a pet in my active family's home since the issue with the pets filling the que up for sims. I don't even know if that's fixed yet haha. But I really hope they fix the issue you're having with the pack.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    This is absent in my game as well. With and without mods.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The train by scolding for actions comes up in mine too. However, the game will say the training is successful and your pet won't do the action anymore, but, they still do it AND my Sim doesn't get credit for it in the aspiration. I've had to switch my Sim's aspiration because of this issue. It was very disappointing, especially since it was my first time playing with the pack. My lovely full balloon of excitement over finally getting the pack has developed a slow leak because of that and other issues I've had with it. :/

Don't get me wrong, I still love the pack, especially Brindleton Bay. I'm trying to stay optimistic that the bugs in this pack will be fixed at some point, hopefully sooner than later. Maybe in next Tuesday's patch? *crosses fingers*
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    After they have fixed vampires and the teleporting around bug.
    So somewhere around the year 3024.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Hadn't used pets in a while but recently tried again and they are still totally bugged - especially with the queue filling up. It gets so annoying to pay for content - it works fine but then gets messed up with an update and so you just stop using content you paid for because it never gets fixed - grrr.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yep. This happened to me. My cat was scratching a chair and no option to discourage. I just recently started playing TS4 again and how lovely it is to know that this game is still riddled with bugs...
    Thank you all for the wide variety of feedback.
    Yes - the option I speak of is to discourage the pet from doing a certain action example: drinking from a puddle. I do not have the option to "discourage" the pet. All I can do is click the "Mean" interaction category and "Scold" the pet to stop their behavior, but to be honest I could use any interaction I want because "Scold" never breaks the habit. All my Sim is doing is interrupting the animal from its current action.
    I saw a post about paying for content that's riddled with bugs and I completely agree. I've not purchased Strangerville yet because I'm tired of paying for content that's broken and has a high chance of not being fixed. Guess what though? Another bug pops up now because I DON'T own Strangerville! Scientists in the interactive Science job no longer dress as if they work there. All of my male coworkers wear dresses and ladies swimsuits. All of the ladies wear whatever it is base sim ladies wear...
    I've -never- modded my Sims 4 game. Not once. The only "cheat" I use are the ones provided by the game "Motherlode" and "bb.moveobjects on/off"
    The reason I don't mod the Sims is because of the fact that the first thing a Dev will tell you to do is try the game without any mods if you're having issues. So, why do we have such a glitchy base game? What's up? What's worse is I don't even think writing all of this will matter. </3 Sims gurus... EA... Maxis... you're breaking my heart... you're breaking all of our hearts...
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Thank you all for the wide variety of feedback.
    Yes - the option I speak of is to discourage the pet from doing a certain action example: drinking from a puddle. I do not have the option to "discourage" the pet. All I can do is click the "Mean" interaction category and "Scold" the pet to stop their behavior, but to be honest I could use any interaction I want because "Scold" never breaks the habit. All my Sim is doing is interrupting the animal from its current action.
    I saw a post about paying for content that's riddled with bugs and I completely agree. I've not purchased Strangerville yet because I'm tired of paying for content that's broken and has a high chance of not being fixed. Guess what though? Another bug pops up now because I DON'T own Strangerville! Scientists in the interactive Science job no longer dress as if they work there. All of my male coworkers wear dresses and ladies swimsuits. All of the ladies wear whatever it is base sim ladies wear...
    I've -never- modded my Sims 4 game. Not once. The only "cheat" I use are the ones provided by the game "Motherlode" and "bb.moveobjects on/off"
    The reason I don't mod the Sims is because of the fact that the first thing a Dev will tell you to do is try the game without any mods if you're having issues. So, why do we have such a glitchy base game? What's up? What's worse is I don't even think writing all of this will matter. </3 Sims gurus... EA... Maxis... you're breaking my heart... you're breaking all of our hearts...

The scientist and the discipline pet bugs have been fixed in todays patch.
    I'm hoping so! I just fired up a new sim with a Dog to test <3 Awaiting satisfactory results!
    Success!!!! Yesss! Lecturing a naughty dog is a thing again! <3