Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited March 2019
    Creator’s Username: dreamsong1968
    Item Title: Sibling Suites - 3 bd, 4.5 ba
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item @ZeeGee #6

Exchange Link

Description: Redesign of Wolff Manor for ZeeGee now has 3 bedrooms and 4.5 baths. Decor is modern and neutral in color with some wine. Uses items from High-End Loft Stuff, Night Life, Town Life Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, and has the Premium Store sauna and massage table.
    Details: No CC, CAP or CAW--only Nraas mods.

Tumblr link for walk-through.
    Post edited by dreamsong1968 on
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @dreamsong1968 That looks amazing! Thank you so much. Will try it out as soon as I get home. :smiley:
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @dreamsong1968 - Where to begin? Wow! Such a great Wish List. I don't think I've ever seen one that so clearly wanted to explore every aspect of every expansion/stuff/store item! And you really enjoy when one lot serves multiple purposes. I have added it to the official list of requests.

As for your design inspirations. I've also drawn from my own life. Having recreated my childhood home and summer home. As well as a cabin in the woods that I used to imagine as a child.

And both your re-designs of the Lone Wolf house are great. Although I'm partial to the one you didn't do for @ZeeGee. I really like the light wood kitchen. Although I have to admit that an enclosed theater room does work better. And you did a great job getting all her requests into the design you did adapt for her.

For wishlist item one; my legacy family started with eight siblings. I think that I have posted in a different thread who they all are. I'll try to dig up the link to the summary of that and you can let me know if you want me to upload any for you to the exchange. I'm pretty sure I've saved all of them as young adults immediately after graduation. They all have unique personalities and are entering adulthood with a variety of skills. I'll let you know.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @dreamsong1968 - Where to begin? Wow! Such a great Wish List. I don't think I've ever seen one that so clearly wanted to explore every aspect of every expansion/stuff/store item! And you really enjoy when one lot serves multiple purposes. I have added it to the official list of requests.

As for your design inspirations. I've also drawn from my own life. Having recreated my childhood home and summer home. As well as a cabin in the woods that I used to imagine as a child.

And both your re-designs of the Lone Wolf house are great. Although I'm partial to the one you didn't do for @ZeeGee. I really like the light wood kitchen. Although I have to admit that an enclosed theater room does work better. And you did a great job getting all her requests into the design you did adapt for her.

For wishlist item one; my legacy family started with eight siblings. I think that I have posted in a different thread who they all are. I'll try to dig up the link to the summary of that and you can let me know if you want me to upload any for you to the exchange. I'm pretty sure I've saved all of them as young adults immediately after graduation. They all have unique personalities and are entering adulthood with a variety of skills. I'll let you know.

Hi, Jude! My dream is to do every single thing in the game with a single sim. And of course I get that fitting all of the related objects on one lot might be difficult/impossible but a simmer can dream! Thank you for adding my wish list to the official list.

I've made several homes from my real life, including my first childhood home, the apartment we lived in when our second child was born, and the house we live in now. I always find the limitations of the game's build system to be a source of frustration when trying to create from real-life places. We need a plausible way to create a split level home and stair case, as well as round walls and windows, IMHO.

Thank you for your kind comments on my Wolff rebuilds. I have to admit the theater is my favorite part of the build for ZeeGee. I wish the colors had shown up better in the images. I could have lightened them, but I'm always concerned about the expectations of those who download the house.

I'm looking forward to meeting your sims! Right now I am trying to move my sims' college friends to the homeworld and that is turning out to be time consuming. I'm so glad hubby's job is in the evenings so he can be there when their friends show up to visit. I'm finding that when I ask them to move in the game isn't recognizing that the visit has ended so I have to force it with a mod. Once I get the last of their friends moved to SV I'll be ready to start having babies. Knowing I have a ready source of sims to mate with is going to be a load off of my mind as I play.

Happy Simming to you!
    edited April 2019
    Oh my goat!!! It's March 31st already!

I literally JUST finished Subnautica. To the end. And have come out of my haze just in time. To be fair to myself, I have been watching here for new activity, even if I haven't been actively egging people on.

First, @Beccabbs, I will be making your Sim a priority now that my compulsion to finish that game is complete. Since I wouldn't have been in the drawing, it doesn't effect that.

Second, I've updated the list of entries and we have four. I used a random number selector from the web. And, our winner is....

Bojack Horse by @thuggishsplicer! And your prize is 1,900 SimPoints. So, pick out your favorite premium venue, or make a list of what you want. If it's a list of individual items, please add them to your wish list from the top down for me to go through and let me know when you are ready.

Everyone else receives 500 SimPoints each. So, @equuest, @AlphaFen and @dreamsong1968, please list the items you want in your Store WishLists and let me know when you are ready.

So, I think I did that correctly. At least, I hope so. I hope people had some fun. I look forward to seeing what people will be spending their ill-gotten gains on. LOL Again, @Beccabbs I WILL be getting your Sim for you. And I am sorry about the delay. Between a couple of family emergencies this past month, and the time I spent immersed in that addictive game..... But I'm free of it now. Until I decide to play through again and see how quickly I can get through now that I know all the secrets.

I do have points to do this again, if people are interested. The grand prize won't be as large. Unless I can hit up another sponsor. But, please, let me know.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    @thuggishsplicer Congratulations! :)

Everyone made awesome creations! <3 I would like to do the creation game again, It was a lot of fun!
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    @equuest @Jude525 Thank you! I'm glad my first horse ever won the prize. I've been rather busy lately, so, I couldn't carry on my goal to do more stuff. I hope there will be more games (maybe every two or three months). All in all I like it and I'd take part in it even without a prize.

I'll double-check the stuff I need/want on the store and post again soon. I'm on the bus now.

Happy simming!
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Hi guys and congratulations to the winners of this round! Which is to say, everyone! With such wonderful creations made and shared and played, seems to me like everyone wins. <3

@AlphaFen Thank you so much for sharing your remarkable castle theme park! It looks amazing! (And thank you @ZeeGee for sharing your pics and fun story of it!) Now I just need to find a sim foolishadventurous enough to explore it. And a town with a lack of health/safety inspectors the right atmosphere. :D Very much looking forward to getting it in my game and checking it out!

I've been making slow progress on your farmhouse, mixing decorating with my own play sessions so I don't get overwhelmed. I'm very happy with how it is coming along and am going to focus on it a bit more to try to have it done by the time the gift exchange starts, since once it does, I'll be focusing on that. Sorry to keep you waiting, but I hope it will be worth it!

@Jude525 Congrats on beating Subnautica! I totally understand the compulsion to just keep going with that game. Hope you enjoyed your playthrough!

In regards to future prizes. As far as I'm concerned, they are a nice bonus, but not the main reason I'm participating here. For one thing, I own the store myself, so I would be either forwarding them to my partner to work on his store collection or regifting to other creators here. But also I just like building for other players. I think it's when I do my best work (I'm lazy when it's for myself), and this is a wonderful, low-pressure place to do that. :)
    @Jude525 "World of Wonder Carousel Collection" will be a nice prize. (https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=13570&productId=OFB-SIM3:72712).

Thanks a bunch again! XD

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @Jude525 Thank you very much, but I own the store so please give my prize to the person below me in the draw or pull a name out of the nearest randomly swanky hat :)

P.S All your talk of Subnautica has got me playing! It's fun and oddly peaceful under the sea, that is if you enjoy the local sea life killing you rather than singing you catchy calypso songs ;)

@KaytayRoall No worries and no rush, I find decorating a nightmare worthy of elm street somewhat tricky :# so, though I look do forward to seeing what you've done, I understand it takes time and the need to pace yourself. Besides, Freddie Krueger will be the least of my problems if Addy thinks I got in the way of the gift exchange :cold_sweat:
    @thuggishsplicer I LOVE that set, and truly use it often. The carousel replaces any "faux" carousel on EA lots that I use, especially the Toy Shoppe. Recoloring it is so easy and so gratifying it. And, once you get the hang of it, using the Big Top Tent segments can be very creative and very rewarding. I've used them several times as beach pavilions.

Likewise the Cotton Candy and Popcorn machines. Easy recolors and they fit in all sorts of places. Easy way to provide quick, free snacks for Sims. I've only recently "discovered" the Box of Infinite Fidelity, but plan on using it more. It is a cute alternative to the boxy public speakers found throughout EA lots. Especially seasonal festival lots. Probably the only piece I haven't used is the fountain, because, although I don't have a problem with clowns, that one truly creeps my out!

@AlphaFen, I thought you owned the store, but wasn't sure. Since every entry won a prize, is there someone outside the contest you would like to donate the points to? Or, if it is okay with you, I will roll them over to the next prize pool.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited April 2019
    @Jude525 Please feel free to roll over these points and any future ones as long as that is convenient for you :)

@dreamsong1968 Sorry to have missed your build! Wolff Manor looks a million dollars! You chose a beautifully modern colour palate, the burgundy touches give it a lovely warmth, and the garden furniture is very sleek and stylish. Shame it's too good for @ZeeGee and I'll have to steal it instead :pensive:
    Firstly, congrats to the winners! Yippee!!!

@KaytayRoall Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the story.

@AlphaFen Your robot fingers were not quick enough, bwaahaahaa. It's MINE, I tell you, ALL MINE.

And on a sad note, I guess notifications are borked again. :angry:
    @dreamsong1968 Wow! Just wow! I finally got some time to play, downloaded your lot and plopped the twins in there. After running amok through the house to see everything they've settled in at the bar for some serious party time. :) Thank you again, it is absolutely perfect for what I need. I would not, however, set Alpha loose in there. Oh the stories...
    @Jude525 After reading your reply, I got really excited with this venue. I've just checked and it was available for download. I'm installing it right now. I may be away for a while, though. I'll try to catch up here once in a while.
    Totally off topic but.... Subnautica is for sale. Dare I??? :neutral:
    edited April 2019
    @ZeeGee I highly recommend it. And have heard nothing but compliments from others on these boards who have played. It is visually stunning. And, yes, if you are that type, it can suck you in. But, I think that is partly due to the immersive nature of the game. It is actually intended to be used in VR, and I often found myself wishing I had the gear to experience it that way.

At this point, I am already waiting for the final release of the sequel. I am not interested in paying full price for a game in development. I understand that others see an attraction there, but in my day this was called beta testing and the company paid you. Or, at the least, got a free copy of the final release. And I've played enough half baked games from EA. I've had my fill of bugs and glitches!

EDIT: If you do get the game, never hesitate to message me for pointers/hints. I'll try to offer as little information as you need to get back in motion. I can also point you to some good YouTube members who created minimalist hint videos that get to the point and only reveal as much as you are looking for.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 I bought it! Now as for when I will have time to play it, that's a whole 'nother story. I'm saving it for a day when I have entirely nothing else to do so that will be awhile. But when I do get around to it, I'll be DM'ing you for tips I'm sure. Thanks!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Jude525 I bought it! Now as for when I will have time to play it, that's a whole 'nother story. I'm saving it for a day when I have entirely nothing else to do so that will be awhile. But when I do get around to it, I'll be DM'ing you for tips I'm sure. Thanks!

Woot! Looking forward to it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @AlphaFen Thank you for your patience and understanding! I was really hoping to have it done before the gift exchange started. I finished decorating yesterday, but still need to do landscaping and testing. I saw you joined the gift exchange, too, so hopefully that means you won't be missing it too much amidst the creating and gifting for that. :) I am really proud of how the house came out and want to take the time to get the whole thing right. Hopefully it's worth the wait.
    @KaytayRoall I am sure it will be and don't you worry one single bit, there is no deadline whenever you're happy with it :) And you're right I will be pleasantly occupied, I've already drawn up a schedule with allocated slots for running round like a headless chicken with quick breaks to panic about the rugs being one inch too far to the left and a four timeslot dedicated to "what if the shade of green I chose is just too green" :weary:

Hope you have fun! <3
    Glad to see some chatting here, even if just a little. But a reminder, we are actively in a new contest period. So, anytime anyone wants to make a submission or update their wishlist, just jump right on in.

Although, @KaytayRoall and @AlphaFen, you seem busy elsewhere, if they meet someone's wishlist, feel free to post here as well. (Honestly, I'm desperate for the activity. :# )
    aka Jude

My Studio

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @Jude525 I've been reading wishlists to see if I could participate but it will be a while before I can. I guess I should have at least said Hi while I was catching up on the thread. I really like the idea of it.
    @Jessabeans Oh it would be lovely to have you join when you can! Did you know Lolita and Gunther got married in one of your builds?! I'm a fan. :)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2019
    @ZeeGee I didn't know that, but that's wonderful. Is the youtube video in your signature a link to your channel? I love reading sim stories, I will check it out when I can. I'm trying to get my little one to stay in bed at the moment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top