Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight April 12th - A week in The Sims forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Hey, Simmers!

My Sim is looking forward to becoming a Freelance Writer - how's the wait for the patch going for you? ;) In case anyone hasn't heard the news yet - next patches for The Sims 4 (both PC/Mac and console) are almost here! If you haven't watched April's Maxis Monthly yet, I'd like to invite you to this thread!

Is that all? Nope! This week we also announced a collaboration with Moschino, and that The Sims 4 Spa Day will be arriving to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 April 18th!

Is that all? Of course not! This is a Friday Highlight after all - let's highlight some great discussions I came across this week while browsing the forums! :blush:

6j4crv0z757n.png
A curse or a blessing? - @MilwayLang's screenshot is great no matter the effects the relic will have! Found here.

• To open the list this week, let's have some fun in Create A Sim! Have you ever tried to make a Sim wear the most unusual combination of clothes? That's what @Rouenpucelle is inviting us to do in 'Gloriously horrifying Create-A-Sim fashion'. I can't think of a better occasion to use those items you thought your Sims would NEVER EVER wear ;)
  • Changing topics - I'd like to talk about fame! I mean, I'm an expert, didn't you notice? This is me every day :sunglasses:
    While I get my feet back on the ground, take a look at 'Seeking friendly advice on celebrities', where @duhboy2u2 is asking for some advice on how to avoid losing fame between gigs. Do you have any tips to share?
  • Next? Stay in that brainstorming mood a bit longer: @PoppyRichards has another discussion topic for us, and your creative mind will be useful! In 'Your favourite ways to find inspiration', they are asking where your ideas for Sims and gameplay come from. Follow that link and share your experience!
  • Our next topic comes in the form of a poll! We can already create restaurants, stores and vet clinics in The Sims 4. Excluding those, @isaiahzay's question is seemingly simple: 'Which business would you want?'. Is it really simple, though? Choices, choices, choices... MANY great choices, which will be yours?
  • And last but not least, let's visit The Sims 3 section! And more specifically, @Amphora's thread: 'Have any of you ever built a resort?'. They are considering creating their first resort and seeking the advice of experienced Simmers. No matter if you have knowledge to share or you would like to see a gorgeous and well built nectary, click that link! ;)

Is that all? This time, yes... but only for today! I'll be back next week with some more great topics to recommend. :)

Until then... happy weekend, and happy simming!
-Mai

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello :) Thankyou very much for another nice weekly highlights thread, that helps us to find great threads to enjoy visiting :)

Your screenshot is great! @MilwayLang :)
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Yes, Thank you- I have enjoyed this.
    A face-book friend brought this feed to my attention !

Love this, Hope to see it again...

Diane Pinkus
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,084 Member
    Great screenshot and topics B)! Congrats, everoyne B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• ZombnomZombnom Posts: 114 Member
    The impatience is real!!! I can't wait for the the new features, but mainly I can't wait for that apparently juicy list of bug fixes! :smiley:
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hey, Simmers!

My Sim is looking forward to becoming a Freelance Writer - how's the wait for the patch going for you? ;) In case anyone hasn't heard the news yet - next patches for The Sims 4 (both PC/Mac and console) are almost here! If you haven't watched April's Maxis Monthly yet, I'd like to invite you to this thread!

Is that all? Nope! This week we also announced a collaboration with Moschino, and that The Sims 4 Spa Day will be arriving to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 April 18th!

Is that all? Of course not! This is a Friday Highlight after all - let's highlight some great discussions I came across this week while browsing the forums! :blush:

6j4crv0z757n.png
    A curse or a blessing? - @MilwayLang's screenshot is great no matter the effects the relic will have! Found here.

• To open the list this week, let's have some fun in Create A Sim! Have you ever tried to make a Sim wear the most unusual combination of clothes? That's what @Rouenpucelle is inviting us to do in 'Gloriously horrifying Create-A-Sim fashion'. I can't think of a better occasion to use those items you thought your Sims would NEVER EVER wear ;)
    • Changing topics - I'd like to talk about fame! I mean, I'm an expert, didn't you notice? This is me every day :sunglasses:
      While I get my feet back on the ground, take a look at 'Seeking friendly advice on celebrities', where @duhboy2u2 is asking for some advice on how to avoid losing fame between gigs. Do you have any tips to share?
    • Next? Stay in that brainstorming mood a bit longer: @PoppyRichards has another discussion topic for us, and your creative mind will be useful! In 'Your favourite ways to find inspiration', they are asking where your ideas for Sims and gameplay come from. Follow that link and share your experience!
    • Our next topic comes in the form of a poll! We can already create restaurants, stores and vet clinics in The Sims 4. Excluding those, @isaiahzay's question is seemingly simple: 'Which business would you want?'. Is it really simple, though? Choices, choices, choices... MANY great choices, which will be yours?
    • And last but not least, let's visit The Sims 3 section! And more specifically, @Amphora's thread: 'Have any of you ever built a resort?'. They are considering creating their first resort and seeking the advice of experienced Simmers. No matter if you have knowledge to share or you would like to see a gorgeous and well built nectary, click that link! ;)

Is that all? This time, yes... but only for today! I'll be back next week with some more great topics to recommend. :)

-Mai

Looking forward for the new patches, I bet they will be awesome as each one comes in the next couple of months.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wow, thank you very much for mentioning me! I feel like I gained fame points. ;)

I'm excited for the new careers!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    guys im a modder please help me get 'points' so i can post my mods here free!
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    > @Zombnom said:
    > The impatience is real!!! I can't wait for the the new features, but mainly I can't wait for that apparently juicy list of bug fixes! :smiley:

yes, i agree, thats why im making my own CC now :D
  • MoreInfoMoreInfo Posts: 2 New Member
    <3 <3 <3 <3
  • silverdustsilverdust Posts: 34 Member
    It's a struggle to wait ughhh! And the CAS one for this week is awesome haha
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hey, Simmers!

6j4crv0z757n.png

-Mai

I'm mainly excited for keyboard and mouse support on consoles and Spa Day Next Week.
  • emlou97emlou97 Posts: 23 Member
    so exciting
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Exciting new highlights all around for this week! Can't wait for the patches for PC & Console <3
  • LuckyissaraLuckyissara Posts: 22 Member
    Zombnom wrote: »
    The impatience is real!!! I can't wait for the the new features, but mainly I can't wait for that apparently juicy list of bug fixes! :smiley:

Definitely is real. I'm constantly at a wonder what they could all be!
  • bridgeeenabridgeeena Posts: 5 New Member
    I watched the stream last week sometime. I went into game a few days later and created a sim and I decided she would be a freelance artist and then I remembered that the patch isn't coming until Tuesday. So yes I am definitely feeling impatient.
  • Haylstorm_SAHaylstorm_SA Posts: 5 New Member
    As a freelancer myself IRL, I can't wait to have my sim finally do the same as me =D
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Wondering what time today the patch will be ready to go, excited to try this out!
  • HmellenwoodHmellenwood Posts: 1 New Member
    When will it come to Xbox 1? I have the hoodie, sweatpants, and flats but nothing else has loaded like the desk, chair, or He white shelf :/ also, when will console like Xbox one be able to access an online gallery like pc?