Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    got a few aspects of some of these in my game already, but as usual, you wind up taking it a step beyond and making everything look amazing

also, good seeing blu make an appearance here and looks like you've darkened moon's hair since i snagged her (and her girlfriend) from the gallery. it's also nice seeing 'pastel punk' camilla more. she's become one of my favorite townies ever since i did a downloading spree from you. blends right in with two of my three townie djs in both looks and style so i put them in a club together
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @kalaksed These Sims are some of my favourites and it is really nice to read that you appreciate them. I know there are people who don't care about townies, but I like to take my Sims out and it bothers me when everyone around them is wearing mismatched outfits and looks like they have no personality or story.
    Don't get me started on Camilla, I still can't believe she was a game-generated townie I almost deleted. She is so much fun to see around town.
    Moon changed hair colours many times throughout the years, so cool that you noticed! Technically she is one of my oldest Sims (but I play with aging off a lot). She was originally part of a household with two males and was supposed to end up with one of them but she wasn't having any of that and fell in love with Julia. :D
    Thank you for the kind comments!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Where has this thread been all my life? I love your style and these outfits are cute and classy, thank you for this. I'm inspired by you

Do you think you could make some outfits for kids, teens, and elders? I have the hardest time dressing teens and elders, since most of the clothes are for young adults and either make the teens look older or look inappropriate on an elderly. I try to make my teens look distinct from YAs with their clothes, and Ive tried to make my elders dress slightly old-fashioned with some classy, modern accents, but it's most difficult to dress them.
    @mika Thank you for your kind words! I think it's great that my posts are useful to you!

You are not alone with these issues creating distinctive outfits for life stages other than adults. And I agree that children, teens and elders especially have less or less appropriate content. I will look into it in the next few days and tag you in the post if I come up with something.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
    These are brilliant! Thank you @Netzspannung
    I adore all of these, especially #1 on top, and #2 on the bottom
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    This thread is wonderful. You have such an eye for fashion @Netzspannung. I am in awe. Thanks for sharing these with us!
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
    @mika I am glad that you found something you like! It was fun and I surprised myself while making these, because apparently I am still not over those space leggings from the base game. :D

@ShadyLady89 Thank for your kind comment! I will always be making new outfits anyway (to fight off the game-generated weirdness) and as long as a few people find it useful, I am more than happy to update this thread. :)

we all try ...
    been quiet of late, but still coming back here to totally not steal various ideas from you. the elders and teens ones were actually quite helpful, well, everything has been, but especially those two

and on a similar vein, curious about some of your takes on hot- and cold-weather outfits. especially the latter, as i sometimes wind up struggling with new looks there. (plus, a fair few of the earlier outfits you've posted make great hot-weather stuff. i've had difficulty not giving 3/4 of my sims gladiator sandals in that category thanks to you)
    @kalaksed Cold weather outfits are definitely tough. What I like to do with my Sims, is make one outfit for outside (with gloves, hat etc) and 2-3 for inside. My Sims just spend more time inside in winter and I don't like them wearing winter coats inside.
    I'll post something within the next few days and hopefully something will be of use to you. I can also do something for hot weather, of course.
    And I am glad to read that you like the outfits with the gladiator sandals! I still enjoy them as well, they just make some outfits come together in a way that no other sandal could. :)

we all try ...
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @Netzspannung I actually took some inspiration from these cold weather outfits for my own sims!
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
    @ShadyLady89 We all need a little inspiration once in a while. Glad you found something in this thread that helped you out.

we all try ...
    funny enough, i've had a few outfits that look pretty similar to some of those, and i really love using the leggings on the upper right with either cold weather or athletic looks, if i can build a look around them. love the pattern options on them

also see two of the strangerville tops there, and they've wound up getting a lot of use with my strangerville and oasis springs sims after that pack's introduction. though i never even considered pairing that one jacket with a skirt... that pair you have looks close enough to an option i've been griping about lacking for a while that i might need to start using it. (the option is basically 'sundress + leather jacket'. though any dress with a leather jacket would be nice. or the ability to layer sweaters/jackets over dresses/tops in general)

been sort of shying away from the beret for a while, since i used it way, way too often as soon as figured out where it was from back when city living came out, but it really does work nicely for winter-wear, same with the other hat you've got there. they are my two most used ones, though i do occasionally manage to squeeze hats from seasons into different looks. as you mentioned, they usually look terrible, but every once in a while they work alright for individual sims

also, the yellow version of the beret there makes me think of the beret used in this music video, and makes me wish we had pattern options akin to the one in the video. (oh, and look at that. she's also wearing a jacket + dress in some scenes...)

double also, while i also tend to do the 'wear out and about' and 'wear inside the house' for cold weather outfits, i do also try to dress for the neighborhood/city/world. like oasis springs or strangerville sims typically won't be nearly as bundled up as those that live in windenburg or brindleton bay
    I have a winter outfit almost exactly like #2 on top ! I like that these can be used as inspo for both Sims and real life :D
    @kalaksed I am not surprised that you have similar outfits in your game, there is a limited number of items to work with for that category, even when you're flexible with the intepretation of "cold weather". Years ago I posted a picture of male outfits in a CAS inspiration thread. The only comment I got was about one of the outfits, something like "I already use this outfit in my game, but I never thought of adding that hat to it." I still considered the time well spent. :) And I love those leggings that came with JA; one of those items where exploring the swatches is so worthwhile. And I definitely also wish for more hats and color options.

@mika That outfit is my favourite actually. A simple dress, the cardigan even a bit frumpy looking perhaps, but the outfit works because the cute hat, bohemian bracelets and little leather boots just tie it together. I am sure it looks adorable IRL. :smile:

we all try ...
    i agree, that is a nice outfit (the one mika mentioned). the only thing i've managed to do with the dress for it is use it as nightwear for a few sims because it always looked weird to me when i tried to use it for any other role. but, for some reason, i never considered adding leggings to it...
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've always loved your styles from the first time I saw you posting them, and have inspired me greatly to branch out my CAS fashion styles! Thanks for making this thread, so I can branch out even greater! Your female styles really help me out since I'm not great at that yet, but if you got trouble with male styles, hit me up! You've already seen some of my CAS work in my showcase thread I'm sure! :D
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I love all your outfits. They are definitely inspiring me. I am very much a CC player, but I'm in my vanilla folder and I was just telling my friend, "I'm surprised. There is quite a bit of options for clothes with EA now days". I'll definitely have to use more EA clothes.
    p8L4V6v.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top