Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Hoppel785 wrote: »
    Hello, in my game (new game) does not increase the Techtelmechtel ability. I wanted to ask if it is the case also with others. I only tested with MCCC. This enables the relationship slips into negative.

What does 'Techtelmechtel' mean? Sorry, Google translate is no help.

Pssttt...it means hanky panky.

i love this answer cause the way it came out in my head sounded like people should know that :)

i have the other mod too i told lauren to go to work. what she heard was get naked with noel. forry it fit the topic
  • Options
    SomebodySomeplaceSomebodySomeplace Posts: 62 Member
    A week or so ago I put my very first mod into my Sims 4 game, MC Command Center. It has been working just fine pairing up the unplayed sims in my game and expanding their families, but I noticed I was never getting notifications about sims being born (I set MCCC to inform me of everything happening so I could know it was working). Then I realized that most of the pregnant sims in my world were in an eternal labor and were never actually giving birth. Furthermore, when my sim visited a friend with a pregnant roommate in this state, empty bassinets would spawn, cluttering up the place; I had to go in and play as them and tell them to give birth and delete the bassinets myself. I’ve done this for a lot of the households, but it’s tedious and will probably happen with the next set of new pregnancies.
    To be clear, this is the only mod/cc in my game, I have tried “repairing” the game in Origin, and I do have 5 Last exception files, but I don not get notified of such every time I play (and I have played my game nearly everyday since I installed the mod).

I'm new to this forum, so apologies if this isn't the right place to find some help! Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    A week or so ago I put my very first mod into my Sims 4 game, MC Command Center. It has been working just fine pairing up the unplayed sims in my game and expanding their families, but I noticed I was never getting notifications about sims being born (I set MCCC to inform me of everything happening so I could know it was working). Then I realized that most of the pregnant sims in my world were in an eternal labor and were never actually giving birth. Furthermore, when my sim visited a friend with a pregnant roommate in this state, empty bassinets would spawn, cluttering up the place; I had to go in and play as them and tell them to give birth and delete the bassinets myself. I’ve done this for a lot of the households, but it’s tedious and will probably happen with the next set of new pregnancies.
    To be clear, this is the only mod/cc in my game, I have tried “repairing” the game in Origin, and I do have 5 Last exception files, but I don not get notified of such every time I play (and I have played my game nearly everyday since I installed the mod).

I'm new to this forum, so apologies if this isn't the right place to find some help! Thanks in advance!

Be assured this is the exact correct thread to talk about the MCCC mod. :) I'm certain others will be along to advise you on the problem you're having.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited April 2019

Strange... Never heard of an issue like this.

Would be the best if you come over to the MCCC Discord server to discuss the problem.

Use this link: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed and go to channel "general support". Thanks.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    SomebodySomeplaceSomebodySomeplace Posts: 62 Member
    @Bonxie

Thanks for the link! I've never used Discord before, but I'll give it a try
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have to say... notifications for pregnancies and birth for townies do not work for me either. I only recently enabled the setting and I haven’t seen one single notification about it yet. And I have had many townies who have been pregnant and given birth.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I have to say... notifications for pregnancies and birth for townies do not work for me either. I only recently enabled the setting and I haven’t seen one single notification about it yet. And I have had many townies who have been pregnant and given birth.

Notifications can be enabled in more modules, not only in
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Notification Settings

For additional notification settings, especially those for birth and marriage, have a look at
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Marriage > Show Marriage Notifications
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Breakup Settings > Show Relationship Changes
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Pregnancy > Notification Settings > Show Birth Notifications
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Pregnancy > Notification Settings > Show Pregnancy Notifications
    Computer:MCCC > MC Occult > Vampires > Risky Vampirism > Vampire Creation Notification

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

• Options
    mongoose3xmongoose3x Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a question regarding disappearing household members. I have MC command center and have set the household maximum to 15, but currently there are only 8 members (3 of them pets). However, today one of the babies aged up and suddenly several members of the household just vanished. I looked for them among the other households and also looked through the characters that are not currently in the world, but they seem to have disappeared entirely!!

Is there any way with MC command center to get them back? Or do I have to accept that they are gone or rewind to an earlier safe point (I'd lose quite a bit of time because I oversaved a lot) to get them back?

Anyone got any ideas why this has happened? Thank you. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    mongoose3x wrote: »
    I have a question regarding disappearing household members. I have MC command center and have set the household maximum to 15, but currently there are only 8 members (3 of them pets). However, today one of the babies aged up and suddenly several members of the household just vanished. I looked for them among the other households and also looked through the characters that are not currently in the world, but they seem to have disappeared entirely!!

Is there any way with MC command center to get them back? Or do I have to accept that they are gone or rewind to an earlier safe point (I'd lose quite a bit of time because I oversaved a lot) to get them back?

Anyone got any ideas why this has happened? Thank you. :)

First of all, the use of HH>8 is not recommended. It's technically feasable, but the game is not designed to run that way. So what ever you do, take care, save often and make frequent backups. It's normal game behavior in that situation that sims vanish without a chance to recover them.

All of the core game’s “Edit in CAS” basic functions have household size hard-coded to 8. So no modder can prevent those functions from deleting extra Sims. However, there is a different “CAS Edit” that allows editing those large household sizes without losing extra family members. You would use that CAS edit rather than “Manage Household” or a dresser or a closet or a mirror or anything else.

The safest thing to do is just use MCCC to edit the Sim rather than a Sims 4 method. The option for editing a single Sim in MCCC is "Modify in CAS". It is available in the initial MCCC Sims menu when clicking on a Sim in a household that has more than 8 Sims in it. It can also be found in the “MCCC > Sim Commands > Modify in CAS” path for any Sim.

You also cannot use the standard Sims 4 methods for adding Sims to households if you have households of more than 8 Sims. It is hard-coded in the Sims 4 UI code for Manage Households and CAS to only allow 8 Sims. In the same way that you can't use the "Edit Households" option of CAS with large households, you also can't add/remove Sims in the normal Sims 4 manner.

Adding Sims to households can either be done using the Testing Cheats method (if Testing Cheats are enabled) of shift-clicking on a Sim and adding them to your family, or by using the “sim_move” command as documented in the MC Command Center module's documentation. “sim_move” can be used for moving between different households or adding them to the active household.

Also, as of MCCC 5.0.0, there is a Sim Command in the Sim MCCC menu under “Maintain Sim” to move Sims between different households. This works with no problems with households of more than 8 maximum Sims.
  • Options
    Attention: Next Tuesday, 2019/04/16 is Sims 4 Patch Day!

y4mz-2R4UYol8GcWJO-DT7h5aPHyTT5BaybhmntnkUtxAk_zywzW_VMXdYrTt--YI8lq2mlPiDU1ElK8n_T1_gGY4P-wevIPZzil9-SaV-csNrutqkp01cW-pkO7s5hh-yb6p_YHcddxBzozR-RYwJGwsp2-JBISgYnbBhjDUoa-bwSpWPNYzWDwGTPH9UTP1I6Ai8VY_v-BMXELyLWjarXYA?width=1691&height=1119&cropmode=none
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Attention: Next Tuesday, 2019/04/16 is Sims 4 Patch Day!

y4mz-2R4UYol8GcWJO-DT7h5aPHyTT5BaybhmntnkUtxAk_zywzW_VMXdYrTt--YI8lq2mlPiDU1ElK8n_T1_gGY4P-wevIPZzil9-SaV-csNrutqkp01cW-pkO7s5hh-yb6p_YHcddxBzozR-RYwJGwsp2-JBISgYnbBhjDUoa-bwSpWPNYzWDwGTPH9UTP1I6Ai8VY_v-BMXELyLWjarXYA?width=1691&height=1119&cropmode=none

Thank you for the heads up, @Bonxie! I may spend that time revising and editing my latest book. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    mongoose3xmongoose3x Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > mongoose3x wrote: »
    >
    > I have a question regarding disappearing household members. I have MC command center and have set the household maximum to 15, but currently there are only 8 members (3 of them pets). However, today one of the babies aged up and suddenly several members of the household just vanished. I looked for them among the other households and also looked through the characters that are not currently in the world, but they seem to have disappeared entirely!!
    >
    > Is there any way with MC command center to get them back? Or do I have to accept that they are gone or rewind to an earlier safe point (I'd lose quite a bit of time because I oversaved a lot) to get them back?
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas why this has happened? Thank you. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > First of all, the use of HH>8 is not recommended. It's technically feasable, but the game is not designed to run that way. So what ever you do, take care, save often and make frequent backups. It's normal game behavior in that situation that sims vanish without a chance to recover them.
    >
    > All of the core game’s “Edit in CAS” basic functions have household size hard-coded to 8. So no modder can prevent those functions from deleting extra Sims. However, there is a different “CAS Edit” that allows editing those large household sizes without losing extra family members. You would use that CAS edit rather than “Manage Household” or a dresser or a closet or a mirror or anything else.
    >
    > The safest thing to do is just use MCCC to edit the Sim rather than a Sims 4 method. The option for editing a single Sim in MCCC is "Modify in CAS". It is available in the initial MCCC Sims menu when clicking on a Sim in a household that has more than 8 Sims in it. It can also be found in the “MCCC > Sim Commands > Modify in CAS” path for any Sim.
    >
    > You also cannot use the standard Sims 4 methods for adding Sims to households if you have households of more than 8 Sims. It is hard-coded in the Sims 4 UI code for Manage Households and CAS to only allow 8 Sims. In the same way that you can't use the "Edit Households" option of CAS with large households, you also can't add/remove Sims in the normal Sims 4 manner.
    >
    > Adding Sims to households can either be done using the Testing Cheats method (if Testing Cheats are enabled) of shift-clicking on a Sim and adding them to your family, or by using the “sim_move” command as documented in the MC Command Center module's documentation. “sim_move” can be used for moving between different households or adding them to the active household.
    >
    > Also, as of MCCC 5.0.0, there is a Sim Command in the Sim MCCC menu under “Maintain Sim” to move Sims between different households. This works with no problems with households of more than 8 maximum Sims.

Thank you so much, this is really helpful. I'll stop trying to find those missing Sims and accept that the game has deleted them. I may try again with a large household at some point in the future but for now I'll stick with smaller families I think...
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    If I need to download the new version of MCCC, do I remove the old one out of my folder first?
  • Options
    brenleedee wrote: »
    If I need to download the new version of MCCC, do I remove the old one out of my folder first?

Yes, you'll need to remove everything with the exception of Mc_settings.cfg. That way, you're settings won't have to be redone with the new version.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited April 2019

Yes, you'll need to remove everything with the exception of Mc_settings.cfg. That way, you're settings won't have to be redone with the new version.

I never remove my old MCCC. I just download the new version, plop it in my mods folder and when it pops up "replace old files" or something of that nature I press "yes to all" and all my settings have been the same.

But please, do it how you feel most comfortable with. It's your game and I just wanted to point out a different way. Happy simming!

ETA: I thought it would show @brenleede's quote as well :blush:
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Thank you @GalacticGal and @Jasonschick80 I have only been using the mod for what seems like a little over a Month, but I see a new one is out and I had an notification come up during game play that something happened(exemption or something, haha I am so tech savvy)but it said I may need a newer version. Thank you both, and I LOVE this mod!
  • Options
    Thank you @GalacticGal and @Jasonschick80 I have only been using the mod for what seems like a little over a Month, but I see a new one is out and I had an notification come up during game play that something happened(exemption or something, haha I am so tech savvy)but it said I may need a newer version. Thank you both, and I LOVE this mod!

I would only add that Deaderpool, himself, is the one who suggests you remove all of your older MCCC components, with the exception I pointed out.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    [...]I never remove my old MCCC. I just download the new version, plop it in my mods folder and when it pops up "replace old files" or something of that nature I press "yes to all" and all my settings have been the same.[...]

This is the official installation guide from Deaderpool
    (https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation)
    Deaderpool wrote:
    First, you have to download the mod. Keep in mind that the mc_cmd_center.ts4script is always required. The additional modules are all optional depending on what functionality is desired in the game.

Next, make sure the modules and packages are placed into the same folder and that the folder is no more than one level deep in the Sims 4 mod folder structure. For example, “The Sims 4\Mods\MCCC” is ok but “The Sims 4\Mods\Script Mods\MCCC” is not. The Sims 4 will only go one-level deep when looking for script mods.

If this is an upgrade for you, make sure you delete all MCCC TS4script and Package files prior to downloading the new versions and extracting them into your mod folder. For upgrades, leave your mc_settings.cfg, mc_tuner.cfg and mc_dresser.cfg files always as they will automatically be upgraded to new versions without you having to redo all your settings.

For any of the above modules downloaded, UNZIP ALL ZIP files. Place all of the files from within the archives into your mod folder. That’s it.

Of course, you're free to do what ever you want.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I didnt realize I had old mccc from previous 1.49 version in a latest patch I thought I saw someone on the internet said MCCC does not need an update so I played with it without updating the mod with no problem but there actually is an update for the latest patch, after updating the mod the Import tray sim in MC Population is no longer working where it used to, it ignored the setting that I chose to only import from "other saved sims" and will import each and every sims on my gallery including that I saved myself. It used to import only from those who I downloaded off of gallery not my households that I saved myself.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    I didnt realize I had old mccc from previous 1.49 version in a latest patch I thought I saw someone on the internet said MCCC does not need an update so I played with it without updating the mod with no problem but there actually is an update for the latest patch, after updating the mod the Import tray sim in MC Population is no longer working where it used to, it ignored the setting that I chose to only import from "other saved sims" and will import each and every sims on my gallery including that I saved myself. It used to import only from those who I downloaded off of gallery not my households that I saved myself.

Did you accidentially delete the mc_settings.cfg during update?
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

Did you accidentially delete the mc_settings.cfg during update?

I didn't every setting stays the same and works as it should except import tray sim, noted that I played different saves than the saves those "sims" I saved into gallery from. If you know what I mean I have yet to try to play the saves where it was supposed to work pre updating.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Patch v1.51.75 is released - MCCC is broken as assumed
    Deaderpool wrote:
    Today's update to the Sims 4 has caused some issues with MCCC. Not a surprise, though. I mean, I've been waiting for their update specifically because I thought it might happen. :)

Anyway, known issue right now is that they have changed something around dialogs and notification messages so those aren't working right. I'm analyzing it and will get a hotfix out when I get it figured out.

Thanks!

Post Patch Survival Tips

DOs
    • Create back ups of your Saves, Tray and Mod folders
    • Delete your localthumbcache.package
    • Game Repairs and Folder Refreshes are always good to do after every major patch
    • TEST your cc/mods, particularly any game changing mods
    • Check for updates&information regularly (#mod_news is a good place to start)

DON'Ts

y4mu4OCxkBRLKJB2Sppm-cKiToLBITXKAGFbkdcEDbcEYIeismpo4dkGi5Ez20ibZrGmQkXx0WSjpArkP4fG0-MGP-sRUngdtrAkveY7xVwgDpr-TTtFoLJas5W27PQ-Jc4mFQ775QcWw11rn1dulwU-2IhajeU-Suk8AshE-hmktchaqp_Ce4PLNCVBZ7aG6xbtBT8CFtIUrSRAgFQQeb3Nw?width=257&height=300&cropmode=none

Join our Discord MCCC community!
    Get support not only for MCCC issues but for all game related problems including lastException file analysis.
    • Live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users from all over the world
    • Live chat with some well-known Mod creators
    • Live support from the legendary MCCC support team, even in different languages (i. e. Korean, French, Spanish, Russian, German)
    • Live support even from MCCC creator Deaderpool
    https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed
    One of the biggest Sims 4 Discord servers!
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • Options
    We have a first hotfix for MCCC!

MC Command Center Hotfix is out!
    deaderpool wrote:
    The only thing we've noticed so far that was broken by today's Sims 4 update is that EA changed something in their translation process that was ignoring strings defined by mods under certain circumstances. So, both the mc_cmd_center.package and the mc_woohoo.package files have been updated to make them work with the update today. That will fix the issue we were having with blank buttons everywhere.

Attached to this post is a zip file containing the mc_cmd_center.package and another with the mc_woohoo.package files. One or both, as needed, can be downloaded and you just replace the existing package files from 6.2.0 with this version and it will fix the issue.

Alternatively, both the Patreon post for 6.2.0 and the Mediafire links for 6.2.0 have been updated to have the new versions of the package files included within them, so those could be downloaded if so desired.

Once people can start clicking buttons and actually using the mod, we'll see if anyone finds any other issues. As is usually the case after updates, if you get a Last Exception error, it is pretty much always caused by other mods/cc that are out of date. You can go to our Discord server for support with those as well as log file errors in general.

Thanks!

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mccc-and-todays-26152019 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Wow that was quick.
    Gallery ID: babysquare

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top