Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh, My Word, Say It Isn't So …

I was in the household of my Rock Star. He gets a message from what looks like Judith Ward, only her last name was the same as his sister's married name. I just went into manage households and who do I find? That's rights. She's married to the brother and they have an infant! Mind you, while I do have MCCC installed in my game I have NOT set it for NPCs anything. LOL Seems my game is quite lively. Sad thing is, the older brother wed to the star is Erratic as in unstable. :open_mouth: Almost makes me want to play them, if only for a bit. Oi!

Weirder stories, no truer words were uttered.

What strangeness is occurring in your games?
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have no mods so I don't have weird things like that happening in mine - and the way I like it most of the time. The weirdest was in Strangertown - but that all settled now - so just mostly normal things. I'd go nuts if my sims started having families and such without me knowing though.

The only thing I would not have an issue with is an alien baby birth and naturally I have never gotten one in Sims 4. Those aliens just don't like my sims I guess. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Mccc usually marries Judith off to Marcus Flex in most of my saves. I kind of feel sorry for Katrina Caliente, she used to be the one that was married off to him but since Judith arrived on the scene Marcus only has eyes for her.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited April 2019
    simm621 wrote: »
    Mccc usually marries Judith off to Marcus Flex in most of my saves. I kind of feel sorry for Katrina Caliente, she used to be the one that was married off to him but since Judith arrived on the scene Marcus only has eyes for her.

When my Rock Star decided to go to the Accolades, I noticed Bryanti's last name was suddenly Flex. :open_mouth: Like I stated originally, I have NOT set MCCC to progress anything. Normally speaking, it doesn't just do …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I have no mods so I don't have weird things like that happening in mine - and the way I like it most of the time. The weirdest was in Strangertown - but that all settled now - so just mostly normal things. I'd go nuts if my sims started having families and such without me knowing though.

The only thing I would not have an issue with is an alien baby birth and naturally I have never gotten one in Sims 4. Those aliens just don't like my sims I guess. LOL.

Lucky you. I've had sims start families on their own, and no mods or CC, either. One of the reasons I now do only 1 family per game save. Boring and limiting, but safe.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Lucky you. I've had sims start families on their own, and no mods or CC, either. One of the reasons I now do only 1 family per game save. Boring and limiting, but safe.

Weird for sure. The only thing they should be able to do without you is get a job if they don't have one, The only SP I see in the game is for jobs. Unless some of the traits are more controlling than re realize. Like I know the klepto can take things on their own. But I play numerous households on rotation and have no babies, marriages, divorces or anything going on I don't cause.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Weird for sure. The only thing they should be able to do without you is get a job if they don't have one, The only SP I see in the game is for jobs. Unless some of the traits are more controlling than re realize. Like I know the klepto can take things on their own. But I play numerous households on rotation and have no babies, marriages, divorces or anything going on I don't cause.

Oh, I find I love the chaos! I first played with RTF, then found another mod that allowed for Event Job, so I could schedule my Rock Star's concerts to a more fitting and feasible time. But without the genius of the RTF interactions, life was too tame. The Paparazzi wasn't showing up begging for interviews amid the constant clacking of the camera shutters. His lady-friend wasn't having a meltdown every other minute as his fans threw themselves at him. It was starting to be a bit of a yawn-fest.

I'm guessing since Judith is now married to the brother of my Sims' brother-in-law, that that's the definition of a 'shirt-tail' relative?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Maybe it's from being mainly a TS2 player, or a part-time writer in control of his plots, or simply an official geezer who wants things his own way, but I find the TS4 penchant for unplanned surprises in unplayed sims a major downer. I expect things to happen in the course of gameplay, and the unexpected twists can often be taken advantage of. It's the 'I've not played you in 6 months, so what do you mean you now have two kids and another 'in the oven'?' that irks me.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Well... when I had Risky WooHoo, I had my sim WooHoo with Don Lothario. Shortly after, she asked him to be her boyfriend. He said no, so they decided to just be friends. Then, in a few sim hours, I get a notification saying she's pregnant!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    To be honest I have never thought of this as a problem since I never, ever, play rotationally. I only focus 100% on one household and the rest are just "movie extras" to me.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    To be honest I have never thought of this as a problem since I never, ever, play rotationally. I only focus 100% on one household and the rest are just "movie extras" to me.

That's basically the way I play, too. The 'movie extras' part, that is. I generally start with a family. In this case it's my Cantrell family I created to help round out the character of my O/C for the mini-series in my siggie. But, I am glad to put them into their own households as the children are grown. Once in awhile, I'll remember to visit them to make any logical updates. Also, once I have things set, I put aging on for all.
    Maybe it's from being mainly a TS2 player, or a part-time writer in control of his plots, or simply an official geezer who wants things his own way, but I find the TS4 penchant for unplanned surprises in unplayed sims a major downer. I expect things to happen in the course of gameplay, and the unexpected twists can often be taken advantage of. It's the 'I've not played you in 6 months, so what do you mean you now have two kids and another 'in the oven'?' that irks me.

I don't consider myself a geezer, even though I did turn 64 at the beginning of the month. :) I, too, am a writer who likes to control plots, but sometimes the craziness that goes on in this game (particularly the unplanned stuff) can make for a plot all by itself. That's when I decided to blog about my Global Superstar, in fact. What I didn't count on, was having the mod I use get completely broken with the StrangerVille patch. My bad, I had pulled my Mods folder prior to patching, but once I discovered MCCC was okay, I had what I used to call a 'Mad Hatter" moment and convinced myself that Road to Fame should be okay, too. Face/palm. The good thing that came out of my giant misstep was I learned from the creator he had an updated version of the mod. I installed it, but while the things that were broken in the older version of the mod were working, other things he had added were not. Long story short, it turned out not only was my game save corrupted, but my Sim, itself. :open_mouth:

It has taken me all of this time having to start fresh to get my Global Superstar back to where he was. Then of course, the new patch hit. This time I wasn't going to fool around. I pulled my Mods folder and returned nothing, until I got word deaderpool had a hotfix for MCCC. Then it turned out EA had something for us on Friday. That has fixed the broken strings in all of Sacrificial's mods, which includes Road To Fame.

Shameless plug:
    https://erikcantrellscheckeredlife.blogspot.com/2018/12/chapter-one-cautionary-tale.html

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member

Interesting. I didn't think that was possible. Autonomous try for baby resulting in a pregnancy. Did the household have a bassinet? Had the baby aged up when you next played that household?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited April 2019
    I had a little mishap with MCCC after the latest patch also. I ended up with a baby boom of epic proportions. Every female NPC, married or not, ended up pregnant, or with a baby. I had my main Sim at the 8Bells Bar and in walked a preggers Katrina Caliente. Wow! That was a huge surprise. While setting up this newest game save I was aso waiting for an updated MCCC and had installed the hot fix for it but had not updated all the settings. I quickly checked the other households in this new save and had no less than 20 new additions to my NPC list. And three more females were pregnant. In all the years I have been playing the Sims I have never had this many babies arrive at the same time. It was a good thing I had just started this save or I don't know what I would have done about the situation. I deleted the save after saving my hero-to-be to my library. There was no way I was going to try and play through that save. LOL I love kids but 23 of them all at the same time? Umm, no way. This save was my second time playing through the mystery and I wanted to see how quickly I could get through it. I didn't want to deal with the new batch of babies when I was timing myself. LOL
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @simgirl1010 The premade families, such as the Landgraabs, had no bassinet so I have no idea where the little urchins were sleeping. I checked every houshold that has a home and none of them were equipped with bassinets for the little bundles of joy. There were new babies in every world, not just in Strangerville. The only two worlds without babies were Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest because I have no families living in those two worlds.
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > simm621 wrote: »
    >
    > Mccc usually marries Judith off to Marcus Flex in most of my saves. I kind of feel sorry for Katrina Caliente, she used to be the one that was married off to him but since Judith arrived on the scene Marcus only has eyes for her.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > When my Rock Star decided to go to the Accolades, I noticed Bryanti's last name was suddenly Flex. :open_mouth: Like I stated originally, I have NOT set MCCC to progress anything. Normally speaking, it doesn't just do …

Doesn't MCCC automatically have story progression on? And you need to turn it off? That was my understanding when I was researching it.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    My absolute favorite thing that has ever happened: So I have this sim. She is paler than snow with a humongous blue afro. Her name is Q Tip. And Q Tip is a romantic sim. I also equipped her with the Player trait and the Always Welcome trait. So I was playing in a different household (FarmersOnly.com-full of hot shirtless cowboys). I had recently downloaded MCCC and was trying it out for the second time, messing with the settings... So the FarmersOnly.com household just moved in and was having a Welcome Wagon. Q Tip comes over, brings fruitcake and immediately starts making out with Rocky Road (hot cowboy #1). (I had the MCCC relationship progression set up pretty high.) Dusty Grain and Kip Moore are in the room as Q Tip and Rocky Road begin to woohoo in the closet. As soon as Q Tip gets out of the closet, she walks over to Kip Moore and Dusty Grain and starts flirting with them while Rocky Road decides to sit down and read a book. Q Tip then decides to make out with Kip Moore in the closet and then Woohoo with Dusty Grain in the same closet. While Q tip and Dusty Grain are in the closet, Kip Moore and Rocky Road are still flirty post closet romance and decide to flirt with each other and ultimately make out. Q tip has since moved on to flirt with more and more of the hot cowboys but she comes back to find Dusty Grain and Kip Moore in a random bed and gets really mad. She slaps both of them! Because the player trait makes it so that the equipped sim doesn't get slapped but they can still slap other sims. And at this point I have died of laughter.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    MCCC keeps marrying Mila Munch to Don Lothario in all my saves for some reason.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

> @GalacticGal said:
    >
    > Mccc usually marries Judith off to Marcus Flex in most of my saves. I kind of feel sorry for Katrina Caliente, she used to be the one that was married off to him but since Judith arrived on the scene Marcus only has eyes for her.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > When my Rock Star decided to go to the Accolades, I noticed Bryanti's last name was suddenly Flex. :open_mouth: Like I stated originally, I have NOT set MCCC to progress anything. Normally speaking, it doesn't just do …

Doesn't MCCC automatically have story progression on? And you need to turn it off? That was my understanding when I was researching it.

You're probably quite right about that. LOL I'm still learning things about this mod. But, that makes sense.
    > @GalacticGal said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

If it does, that's news to me. I have a version of this mod for quite some time, now. This is the first I've see it do stuff like this. But, I do have to admit, it keeps things interesting. ;)
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    This makes me want mods on PS4!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!