Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Oh yikes, I just read that comment that mentioned no adult themes and family-friendly--That means no um... Suggestive themes and latent serial killers or murder, even if it's implied doesn't it? :cold_sweat:
    This also throws out uh, general "danger" themes, too, right?

Just making sure LOL idk if my sense of family-friendly is warped because I grew up watching gory action films bUT that aside

If so, I'm going back to the drawing board 'cause what I wrote is um...
    *loud cough*
    Something
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Oh yikes, I just read that comment that mentioned no adult themes and family-friendly--That means no um... Suggestive themes and latent serial killers or murder, even if it's implied doesn't it? :cold_sweat:
    This also throws out uh, general "danger" themes, too, right?

Just making sure LOL idk if my sense of family-friendly is warped because I grew up watching gory action films bUT that aside

If so, I'm going back to the drawing board 'cause what I wrote is um...
    *loud cough*
    Something

I am thinking implied is ok .. ?? ..if you want me to look at it send me a message
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Oh boy... as of right now, this is my official entry. I'm in a poetry mood this month, and I do hope that is okay. I might write an actual story version. But I just feel this is more powerful for the story I wanted to tell. I'm pretty sure it ended up under 300 words ^^;;

Fools in love
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Shadami wrote: »
    Oh boy... as of right now, this is my official entry. I'm in a poetry mood this month, and I do hope that is okay. I might write an actual story version. But I just feel this is more powerful for the story I wanted to tell. I'm pretty sure it ended up under 300 words ^^;;

Fools in love

@Shadami The link is not good .. I did find it <3 @ Fools In Love

OHHH Poor Fool in Love <3 .. wonderful poetic short story!

Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Well, this looks interesting! :)

Hi @Sylentwhysper <3<3<3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I broke my link? Wow I don't often do that xD sorry!
  • Options
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Shadami - Oh I just read your story and it was so great, and then... I won't spoil it for others. When I was thinking about writing my story, that song "Why Do Fools Fall in Love" kept going through my brain. So, yep, love and fools seem to go together.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »

Not a biggie .. got the correct one in the blog ...

@SoulGal7 .. Keeping up with the stories is wise (I am doing that too) then not a whole bunch to read in the end before the vote.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    I did some more work on mine today, and I'm thinking for the first time, that word limit might actually be an issue for me. It has to be only because you put one on it. Otherwise, my stuff normally comes in right around that count. Arghhh.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    chluke75 wrote: »
    I did some more work on mine today, and I'm thinking for the first time, that word limit might actually be an issue for me. It has to be only because you put one on it. Otherwise, my stuff normally comes in right around that count. Arghhh.

I was just in the gallery and nearly stopped by your library to say hi .. so I will do it now .. here ... HI :)

I know you are going to do great (and it will prob be a crack up too)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Shadami - Oh I just read your story and it was so great, and then... I won't spoil it for others. When I was thinking about writing my story, that song "Why Do Fools Fall in Love" kept going through my brain. So, yep, love and fools seem to go together.
    Yeah it really does.
  • Options
    chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    chluke75 wrote: »

I was just in the gallery and nearly stopped by your library to say hi .. so I will do it now .. here ... HI :)

I know you are going to do great (and it will prob be a crack up too)

Hi to you! :)
  • Options
    Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    Done!

Dark horse veteran here, busting out the ironic reflexivity: Claudia! Duck!

Still going through all the stories! I don't really care about winning, but thanks for the great opportunity to practice writing :D
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • Options
    Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 465 Member
    Ashubii wrote: »

My daughter, who nears the end of her Masters in counseling, just said that very thing to me LOL She hates message boards and had to do a 500-word response to one yesterday

Eww, a 500 word message board response sounds awful! :# I have to post discussion board responses to classmate's every week, but thank goodness there's no word minimum. Sometimes I can barely think of more than a sentence to respond with :D

Lol, I just finished posting a few discussion board responses myself. All my classes are online and all of them require discussion board posts and responses. I have had classes where there's a word minimum. It is a challenge especially when no one is saying anything that interesting. Luckily none of my classes this semester have a requirement, but I try to write a few sentences anyway.
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    Done!

Still going through all the stories! I don't really care about winning, but thanks for the great opportunity to practice writing :D
    That was a fun one .. the well-laid plans of mice and men that oft go awry!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Done!

That was a fun one .. the well-laid plans of mice and men that oft go awry!

Bonus: this story is not about a Rube Goldberg machine. There are at minimum 6 acts of foolery, directed at 6 different people. (That’s 1 for every 100 words!)

Whoever can identify who the real fool is supposed to be gets brownie points.

banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Dollyllama108 - I just read your short story. Wonderful and fun!
  • Options
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Dollyllama108 - I just read your short story. Wonderful and fun!

Aw, thanks! I love the extreme amount of effort you went through to get the atmosphere of your story just right.
    banner_both.jpg
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I just need to take pictures but I am fiercely procrastinating, lol. :s
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    You can do it! Get those screenshots :)
  • Options
    Pallystyle wrote: »

I always do my screenshots first .. (I have a whole folder of them in front of me on my second screen) maybe that is why it takes me so long to do an update (I have been staring at these for two days now)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Pallystyle wrote: »

I always do my screenshots first .. (I have a whole folder of them in front of me on my second screen) maybe that is why it takes me so long to do an update (I have been staring at these for two days now)

Normally that is the way I do things, but with this the story idea it just flowed out into a poem in a matter of minutes. I have 2 pictures so just need 5 more now. Progress...lol
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I wrote the story in my head as I play/take screenshots. So I know which types of screenshots I'm going to need and if I seenifnill quickly pause the game and tab c
  • Options
    breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    Wow, I'd never considered taking screenshots first. I'll have to challenge myself to try that. I feel like the story would follow the screenshots in that case. Or maybe you know the bones of the story in your head and then take the screenshots and write from there.

I come up with the general idea in my head and then write the story until it's perfect. Then I storyboard it and write detailed descriptions of what the screens look like and where they go. Then I set up each shot one by one.
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”