Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fashionography Cycle 1 - Winner Announced!

MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
2db8l8c.png
Welcome to Fashionography!

This is a high fashion editorial competition meant to push your skills to their limits and bring out your creativity! We have 6 assignments ranging from semi-easy to hard with varying themes that are more geared towards Intermediate levels, but are meant to encourage all levels to do their best (and of course I'm here to provide tutorials, etc.). Regardless of your level, if you want to join I highly recommend doing so as this will be great practice for you! Remember that it’s about the journey and having fun, not winning, and if you remember that you will have fun regardless of your scoring and placement in the end.

And for those of you who do not know what an editorial is, the difference between regular fashion vs high fashion, or in general lack knowledge on modeling competitions, I recommend referring to my tutorial here that comes in 3 parts:
Part 1Body Shot Types & Cropping
Part 2Themes (including editorials)
Part 3Other Requirements
It will help prepare you for the assignments ahead and help you understand what to expect. You are not required to read these, but they will most likely help you if you are only used to pageant or regular competitions.

I also recommend you go shopping for unique poses and clothes, because your casual poses and fashion will not get you far in this comp. We’re looking for the most fashionable and unique models, so get your wardrobe ready! http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com, aka Lana CC, has tons of poses (and other CC) that are categorized neatly. I recommend checking their page out for your future shopping sprees. ;)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MizziesComps
Discord: https://discord.gg/XwZEsj5

9o36hii.png
General Rules
  • All competitions are hosted on the Official Sims Forums (where Sims competitions originally started), Discord, and Twitter, though Twitter is mostly used to promote and announce updates. You can use or switch between any platform, though let me know if you switch so there’s no confusion. Click for Twitter or Click for Discord
  • Prizes for each competition may differ, but the Final 3 (or more) will always receive a banner/signature for memories and to display their win/placement. Roles will also be given on Discord.
  • Public voting will never be used to determine the winner of a competition.
  • All Sims games can compete, Sims 2, 3, or 4!
  • All editing/competing levels and styles are welcome! Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, No CC, Maxis Match, Alpha, Cartoonish, Realism, etc.
  • Feedback is given in every competition to help you improve, unless otherwise stated. Judges can skip feedback if it causes anxiety/stress or they are busy atm, otherwise feedback will be provided. Contestants can opt out of feedback as well, but this is for the entire competition and not per round. You may change your mind later.
  • Remember that we do not permanently alter the genetics in competitions. Hair color/style is the only exception, everything else is temporary.
  • Sims/models must be of your own creation, unless you have permission from a creator to use theirs. Sims/models may be re-used or new.
  • NO use of human or art body parts, or art abuse, in any competition (aka photoskinning, face/bodyplastering, or simmerizing, etc.). High quality stock/Google hair, objects/accessories, and clothes are fine in the appropriate competition. If you do clothes manipulate them onto the Sims body, not the other way around.
  • NO copying. Each entry should be unique but accidents are normal, even in DM only comps. If you are hesitant to post publicly DM your entries to me, but I promise that copying results in punishment and you have nothing to worry about.
  • NO cheating. This includes having other people edit for you. No one should ever do that for you in any competition, regardless of the excuse or host saying otherwise. These are competitions, meaning you are competing with your talents and creativity, not someone else’s.
  • NO re-using renders/images from previous competitions.
  • Full redo’s/resubmissions are not allowed. One time edits (lighting, shadows, crops, text, etc.) are allowed. Inform me when you do so I can update everything.
  • Extensions need to be asked for at least 8+ hours in advance. Extensions last for 1 day unless you absolutely need more time.
  • Late submissions are accepted if you submit before the judges get back to me, otherwise you will either be eliminated or receive the lowest rank, depending on the competition.
  • If you are traveling/going on vacation, please inform me so I can send you the assignments before you leave. Do not talk about, or send, the assignments you received to other contestants.
  • Please do not drop if you score badly (or in general unless it is a good reason) because you won’t improve by doing that. Each competition offers different challenges that help you grow and quitting early stumps growth. Use the feedback and resources to improve yourself, and don’t get disheartened if you do score badly. Trust me, we've all been there before.
  • If you have questions or concerns, message me!

Competition Info
  • I highly recommend using females, but males are welcome if you want the challenge. Any size, YA only. No supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi/etc. sims, and no berry sims.
  • A max of 15 contestants will be allowed. Extended to 20! 2 models max per contestant, and they will not be counted towards the total to ensure that everyone who wants to join can join. I recommend sticking with 1 model, especially if you are a lower level.
  • There is no roleplaying or storytelling required in this comp, unless you choose to do so.
  • CC is **highly** recommended, but not required. Alpha or MM accepted.
  • Editing is technically required for most rounds, but if you think you can manage with in-game shots you are welcome to try. You are allowed to draw. All levels are welcome, but this comp is meant to be challenging so probably isn’t beginner friendly. Give it your best shot though if you’re interested! It will give you a lot of experience regardless.
  • High quality Google/stock is allowed for hair, clothes, and accessories. Remember, no human or human-art parts, faceplastering, simmerizing, etc. If your assignment looks like face or bodyplastering (aka like you only placed the sims face/parts over the person’s body/clothes/image), etc. you will be required to redo it. Clothes are manipulated onto the sim’s body, not the sim being cloned onto another person’s body (or image).
  • Please do not copy ideas from other people in magazines, online, in shows, etc. It’s okay to be inspired (meaning similar idea), but if you’re copying majority of everything including the pose, accessories, background, etc., you’re just copying someone else and being uncreative (not to mention I may have seen the image you are copying and it won’t be new or impressive to me). Just like you are not allowed to copy contestants, don’t do the same to someone else out there.
  • Assignments will be 7 days long unless something causes this to change.
  • This is a non-cumulative (aka no “leaderboard”) competition with eliminations. There will only be 6 rounds for this competition, with the semi-finals in round 5 and the Final 3 competing in round 6. Eliminations start round 2.
  • Please see the Scoring section and/or #results channel for information on the scoring rubric, score breakdown, and tips.
pjvpQsZ.png

Not Checked In

Checked In

Assignment Submitted
⚜️ @MyFavoritedesign (Angela) with Martha Tyson
⚜️ Dropbearsim with Sinead Kavanagh
⚜️ @jilliebee22 (Jillie) with Rylie Walker

0DKDsP6.png
@MizoreYukii @themelonic Willeekmer Frankivalerie @xJojox
Post edited by MizoreYukii on

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited June 2019
    TbjQgb4.png
    Woot, we’ve reached the finale! Now for those of you who have been here for years, you might remember me discussing this assignment way back when. I decided to add it to this comp due to the difficulty and expectations of it, and I’m so excited to see people finally attempt it! For this round you are going to create a high fashion editorial of an alternative zodiac. And by alternative zodiac I mean creepy, dark, unusual, etc. Or maybe you have a different idea for what alternative means? You have complete freedom this round to express your idea, other than the theme. This means any crop, any background, any styling, etc. Just keep it high fashion and editorial and make sure to go big! This is the finale and I’m expecting your best work yet.

Repeated chosen zodiacs are welcome, but I’d prefer variety if possible. You may also do multiple zodiacs or multiple images in one combined image. Make sure to list your zodiac when posting to avoid confusion if it’s not immediately obvious.

Requirements
    ⚜️ Any shot
    ⚜️ Any background
    ⚜️ Portray an editorial alternative zodiac
    ⚜️ High fashion hair & makeup of your choice
    ⚜️ High fashion outfit & accessories of your choice

Due Date: June 20th (Click the red text for a timer)

Example:
    a71H2W0.jpg

Other Examples:
    BmEcg6E.png
    Below is what you will be scored on. Remember, this is an Intermediate based competition so the expectations and what we are looking for are higher. If you are struggling, etc. read the Tips section below the scoring rubric/breakdown or ask for help.

Scoring Rubric
    Creativity - /10
    Appearance - /10
    Quality - /10
    Appeal - /5
    Requirements - /5
    Total - /40

Scoring Breakdown
    Creativity – Was your idea out of the box? Are you truly using your resources to the best of your ability? Make sure you are pushing your limits and thinking about your details, don’t do “safe”. The pose, clothes/styling, background, and overall theme should be creative.
    Appearance – Was the model styled appropriately for their location and/or situation? Is the styling high fashion and fashionable? Are the poses creative/unique and modeling quality (so no Instagram or casual poses)? Did you remember to accessorize?
    Quality – This is an all-in-one category that has quality, editing, and composition in it. This is because quality/editing/composition are basically the same category in the end. (Ex: Did you edit badly? Image quality goes down. Is the image quality low? Fix it with editing. Is your lighting bad? Use filters, etc.) To score well here, consider each section carefully. Quality means that your image (background, sim, objects, or effects, etc.) should not be grainy, pixelated, badly blurred, over sharpened, etc. In-game quality is considered minorly in this competition because as an Intermediate you should know beauty and correction editing by now (if you do not, review some tutorials before submitting your assignments or ask for help; SRWE will help tremendously with quality). Glitching limbs, hair, etc. are considered as well. Your editing is basically everything under the sun. So, consider your lighting/shadows (includes making/adding shadows and light), brightness/contrast, color balance/filters, sharpening/blurring, cutting, blending, cropping, drawing, etc. Composition includes majority of the previous stated stuff, but don’t forget photography concepts like Rule of Thirds, space, your angles, proportions, etc.
    Appeal – How appealing is your image overall, including does it fit well with the assignment theme? How well your picture fits an editorial is considered here as well.
    Requirements – This section is seriously easy points. When I give you an assignment the requirements will be stated as a list. Please make sure to review that list while working and before you submit to ensure you met all the points.

Tips
    • Terms to use when searching for inspiration are “modeling”, “fashion”, “editorial”. You may need to use all 3 to get similar images or maybe just one, it depends the theme.
    • Pinterest is your best friend for anything modeling related. Instagram, if you find real models and not random people, will be a good resource too. Fashion websites (Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, etc.) and their social media pages are good resources as well.
    • If you want to do well, please make sure to shop for the best clothes and poses. Casual poses (aka just standing there or casually standing, etc.), Instagram-like poses, etc. will get you very low Creativity and Appearance scores. If you are new to modeling, or a beginner, or in general unfamiliar with these style of comps, make sure to take leaps that you normally wouldn’t and avoid safe pictures.
    • Don’t rely on just a handful of poses, or CC, throughout your competing career, and also in a single comp. Judge’s will notice things like that (we are a small community after all) and it makes you seem uncreative, so try to shake things up by using other options in each round and in each competition. Go shopping regularly to give yourself new options. Lana CC is your godsend.
    • Cropping and body shot types aren’t as difficult as they seem. Make sure to check out the Assignment Terms and Requirements tutorial that covers cropping/body shot types, and more: <https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15104932#Comment_15104932&gt;
    • PNG is the best option for photos. Not only does it retain the quality better than JPEG, but it also keeps transparency.
    • Submit large images, not small. If the background you are using causes the image to be small, find a new one. If you are using Discord to save apps/backgrounds, make sure you open the original image to save. Do not upload images via your phone either as it lowers quality.
    • Read other people’s feedback to learn extra tips and use the feedback to improve. Don’t ignore the feedback. I’ve seen too many times where an issue was addressed, like rough edges, and contestants ignored that feedback and continued to get low scores because of it. The feedback is not there to hurt your feelings, it is there to make you a better competitor and editor.
    • Don’t focus so much on winning or losing. It’s not only the wrong mentality to have, but you’ll quickly realize it makes your experience worse if you don’t score well. Instead, focus on the fun and learning.
    • Use the available resources to improve your editing and modeling knowledge, like the Sims Editing Workshop or my linked tutorials (check my tutorial thread). Great resources for editing on Youtube include Phlearn & PiXimperfect.
    • Have fun. Seriously, enjoy the competition!

vxaEw2H.png
    **MyFavoritedesign (Angela) with Martha Tyson**
    VXlkYTK.jpg

**Dropbearsim with Sinead Kavanagh**
    Sinead06resized.png

**Jillie Bee (Jillie) with Rylie Walker**
    A6.png
    edited June 2019
    WyEF4R1.png
    And this wraps up Fashionography Cycle 1! Congrats to our finalists and the winners as we have a tie for first place! The scores were neck to neck during the judging process and it was anyone's game.

I'm very proud of everyone who entered and the work they submitted, not to mention the improvements I've seen from each round. I know some of you may feel upset about being eliminated, but again I remind everyone that the point of this competition was meant to be challenging and to push you to your absolute limits, not to mention it's supposed to be competitive compared to some of my other competitions. Don't let that deter you from entering challenging competitions in the future! You did awesome even if it may not feel like it.

I hope everyone enjoyed the competition though and joins the next cycle, as well as my future competitions! If you haven't seen the announcement, Muse is the next competition coming, but it won't be out for another month or so as I finish the last few details and let the little one (hopefully) get better at naps so I have some time to actually work. At the moment it's a bit too difficult for me to get on as I need to make sure I nap myself, so that's why Muse is coming later than planned. Keep your eyes peeled!

(Also, I apologize for how ugly the signatures are. I wanted to display all the awesome work but it is difficult to fit them in there, lol.)

First Place (Tie)
    gBXLRg7.png

Signature
    8s4RUBn.png
    Mizzie - I gasped when I saw this! Amaaaazing work! You nailed the assignment in every way I could have imagined, and you should be excruciatingly proud of yourself, especially the attention to detail and the editing involved. I definitely see improvement since the competition began, with you exploring lighting and special effects more, etc. and I can’t wait to see what else you do down the line. Fabulous styling and posing, and the effects are very cool! The water pouring from the jug could transition better into the lake, along with the blood effects directly around her legs, but overall great editing too.

Jezi - gorgeous image, the creativity here is top notch, very visually appeasing, I wish we could see her closer in the image, i have to zoom in to see her well and then cannot see the entire photo. Quality iv very good overall the bg is fantastic. The scales in comparison to the rest of the photos editing does not match. Very strong final image

curISaO.png

Signature
    T2x8ATY.png
    Mizzie - PHEW, talk about on FIRE with this edit! You certainly held nothing back this round, and I’m amazed as usual at your talent (you must tell me your lighting and fire secrets xD)! I’m also amazed at the CC this community makes, because I for sure thought some of this was added in and not CC. As usual you did awesome with the styling (I need to ask for links!) and editorial look, but the pose is a bit lackluster for me. I wish you had gone more of the fierce route to better display how powerful she is, and I think it would make a bolder statement and also fit editorial posing a bit better. The editing is superb too, especially those lighting and fire effects, though the background and its objects, plus her crown and edges of the dress, are low in quality. The drawn hair is almost seamlessly blending into the original btw, I’ve noticed your improvement there!

Jezi - wow this is HOT! the image is very visually appeasing and would definitely be a fashion piece. very creative take on a leo. Only elements are in quality as there are some rough edges in the dress and bg. The hair and skin are so flawless. the image is fabulous

Second Place
    ZJcVDe5.png

Signature
    3UISDuo.png
    Mizzie - Aww, they’re so cute and so is their styling. It’s more on the simplistic side for high fashion but it works, and the makeup and accessory coordination is nice. The overall theme feels uninspired though and not entirely alternative, and I was really hoping to see you do something amazing like last round and your work in Portrait. I do love the duality of the angels though and how well they clash but mesh, with the evil one being expressionless and the good one being happy, intertwined, etc. There are some quality issues, mainly the red hair as it wasn’t blended into the original hair, not to mention the telltale edges, and I really wish you had skipped it. The white hair was better but should also be blended into the original hair more, but definitely improving with the brushes! Some of the edges on the arms are also a bit wonky, and their lingerie is low quality around the edges. The rest of the editing is awesome as usual though.

Jezi - interesting take, just did not have the wow factor in creative and quality. Very lovely model love the white version's make up. Arms in the pose are a bit awkward as well and wings with background.
    edited June 2019
    cb7NOqw.png
    Assignment 1
    Assignment
    cInbv2H.png
    Welcome to Fashionography ladies and gents! Let’s get started with a semi-easy first assignment to ease you in.

For this first assignment I want your model sitting like the bad*ss boss she is. Not casually, not dainty, but like she owns the modeling world and is here to prove it. She should be dressed for the role too in a suit or suit-like outfit, hair down, and dark or natural makeup. Accessories and background are up to you for whatever idea you have. Remember, keep your image editorial, and your main focus is a fierce or commanding sitting pose and expression.

Requirements
    ⚜️ Full body shot
    ⚜️ Background & Accessories up to you
    ⚜️ Fierce/Commanding/Powerful sitting pose & expression
    ⚜️ Hair down & Dark or natural makeup
    ⚜️ High fashion suit or suit-like outfit
    ⚜️ One image only & No text
    ⚜️ No extras (pets or sims)

Example:
    3YJ5Kii.jpg

Photos
    vxaEw2H.png
    QlELBmD.jpg

**Jendowoz0612 (Jendowoz) with Bailee Patten**
    KMhGycK.jpg

**TEXASTWANGTONYA (Tonya) with Sawyer Avery**
    SAWYER-FOR-FASHIONOGRAPHY-FIXED.png

**Jessa with Jessa Iowa**
    C1_A1_Jessa.jpg

**WillMal13 with Diana Pancakes**
    DianaOffice.png

**Abelhinha35 with Lindy Swartz**
    LSPt6LN.jpg

RKdR1FE.jpg

**Penguinwa101 with Emily Thomas**
    Iau8oFJ.png

**gardenGothic (Booky) with Rosaline Serrano**
    PFD9kDi.png

A1.png

**Gee with Nicole Fernandez**
    C1_A1_Gee.png

**Jake with Lauren Weathers**
    C1_A1_Jake.png

Results
    First Place
    hlIDxPN.png

Second Place
    wAw6Iv3.png

Third Place
    48qpYo3.png

Fourth Place
    PAK0JIj.png

Fifth Place
    CFdtvEF.png

Sixth Place
    mx1WZO9.png

Seventh Place
    JP6aq89.png

Eighth Place
    d63YZ1a.png

Ninth Place
    9l6w66Z.png

Tenth Place (Tied)
    ypBzBbt.png

9z0Qj7W.png

Eleventh Place
    vNttuTv.png

Assignment 2
    Assignment
    L9n6rcZ.png
    Now that you’ve shown the world whose boss, it’s time to flaunt your wealth and influence too! You’ve just bought one of the latest and greatest robotic pet prototypes out there and are now doing a futuristic photoshoot with your fab new pet. The theme is of course the future and anything that might be in it, so dress in your best futuristic high fashion with an accompanying futuristic background (and your robotic/metal pet of course). Makeup, hair, and accessories should be futuristic too. They don’t need to be avant garde, just giving a futuristic vibe.

Requirements
    ⚜️ 3/4 to Full body shot
    ⚜️ Futuristic background
    ⚜️ Accompanied by a metal/robot animal (you can be riding, leading, etc.)
    ⚜️ Futuristic hair & makeup
    ⚜️ High fashion futuristic outfit & accessories
    ⚜️ No extra sims

Example:
    JDFHSKD.jpg

Photos
    rIQz4DT.jpg

0CZlUUR.png

FUTURISTICFINALFINALTHEEND2.png

D5AndTfUIAAkuiR.jpg

Futuristic.png

mHV2tMK.jpg

4XTV2pV.jpg

ziRxNco.jpg

LIvP29M.png

A2.png

scsc.png

Edit_39.png

Results
    First Place
    YtIXKe8.png

Second Place
    FFI6ghK.png

Third Place
    RLSZfUW.png

Fourth Place
    VLftn3V.png

Fifth Place
    AchVp1X.png

Sixth Place
    8D1a9y3.png

Seventh Place
    dwpwgjj.png

Eighth Place
    AgehVXA.png

Ninth Place
    WjIkbUw.png

Tenth Place
    fzroyps.png

Eleventh Place
    RWfb4IY.png

Twelfth Place
    5d5yhXB.png

Assignment 3
    Assignment
    F2pFYHW.png
    Besides Assignment 2, this has been one of the other assignments I couldn’t wait to see you guys complete! For this round we’re going full neon photoshoot. Not just any neon of course, but neon lighting. Yup, it’s time for you to truly test your skills by making your own lighting! Let me explain everything before you panic though. ;) I want a bust shot or headshot of your gorgeous model surrounded by neon lights with the same neon lighting applied to her (like the examples). There can be 2 or more light sources depending your preferences and creativity (preferably the physical lights are shown in the image, like the examples, but let your creativity make the final decision). She needs to have vibrant makeup, and her clothes/accessories should be vibrant as well. Her hair can be styled anyway you want, just know that updos may be easier on you if you are not used to making highlights. Background should be kept simple/plain so you can focus on the lighting.

Requirements
    ⚜️ Headshot to Bust shot
    ⚜️ Simple/plain background
    ⚜️ 2 or more neon lights in the image with same colored neon highlights on the sim
    ⚜️ Vibrant hair & makeup
    ⚜️ Vibrant high fashion clothes & accessories
    ⚜️ No extras (sims or pets)

Example:
    MCvq7i9.jpg

Photos
    St1CLFE.jpg

mjsh7TR.png

MIZ-NEON-FINAL-4.png

D6EIvonUUAAAWWg.jpg

neon_lights1.1.png

IkJ0xIy.png

M6j8MSg.jpg

W9tGtEP.jpg

plschD1.png

A3.png

05-03-19_73834_PM.png

Edit_41.png

Results
    First Place
    ipJ4muK.png

Second Place
    S6FqL0M.png

Third Place
    EMcunYT.png

Fourth Place
    3jlEPlM.png

Fifth Place
    ekOrwMg.png

Sixth Place
    NbYU11i.png

Seventh Place
    PA1wNuO.png

Eighth Place (Tie)
    C8io3Qq.png

c5jHMsN.png

Ninth Place
    ycV5KH8.png

Tenth Place
    DegeCCz.png

Eleventh Place
    rduVDK5.png

Assignment 4
    Assignment
    pZdPaFl.png
    Phew! Now that we’ve made it through that difficult photoshoot, it’s time to squeeze through another one! In this round we’re going big, at least your model is. ;) I want her large compared to her environment and stuck/trapped in a tiny place. Maybe it’s a tiny mall, a tiny house, a tiny club, tiny supermarket, etc. As long as she’s stuck in a tiny location and looks good doing it, I don’t care what you do! That means I’m leaving the styling, posing, and overall creativity to you. Remember, she still needs to be high fashion and editorial, but anything goes for your idea!

Requirements
    ⚜️ Full body shot (you may crop feet/etc. if it makes her fit)
    ⚜️ Any “tiny” location for the background
    ⚜️ Model MUST be a giant compared to her background & trapped/stuck in said location
    ⚜️ Posing up to you as long as she looks trapped
    ⚜️ No extras (pets or people, unless they are very tiny)

Example:
    2gIOPVO.jpg

Photos
    KN9MGez.jpg

nicoUEy.jpg

C1_A4_Tonya.png

D6nQPRZUIAAV1_a.jpg

C1_A4_Willmal13.jpg

Z6aADTN.png

C1_A4_Dropbearsim.png

Rfox2CC.jpg

mg5BoJz.png

C1_A4_Jillie.png

Results
    First Place
    b28Hq0V.png

Second Place
    h5fCvk4.png

Third Place
    dbIHisb.png

Fourth Place
    k6i3VXS.png

Fifth Place
    7732Fcc.png

Sixth Place
    bzDcoHu.png

I'm sorry, but you have been eliminated. Thank you so much for joining and I hope you enjoyed the competition!
    Seventh Place
    WKyqOTd.png

Eighth Place (Tie)
    yptPmnM.png

RGSoauS.png

Ninth Place
    4OeGDAV.png

Assignment 5
    Assignment
    vUprREH.png
    Now that we’ve narrowed down our contestants, it’s time for another fun challenge to test your skills before we reach the finale and eliminate another 3 models. This round I want your ladies underwater and doing everyday activities (in an editorial form, of course). This could be cooking, walking down the street, answering the phone, trying on clothes, etc. Heck, even sleeping if you wanted! Anything you want goes, except swimming/snorkeling/etc. because that’s too normal for water, lol. Just remember that since she is underwater the posing and everything else around her will either be floating, flowing, or look odd in general. The styling is up to you, but you must have at least one flowing object on her due to being underwater. That could be her hair, her outfit, a scarf, etc. Everything else, including the underwater background, is up to you as well. Stock will be extremely useful here if you can’t draw or don’t know how to use liquify/warp tools (though I encourage you to learn those tools, extremely useful for regular editing too), just remember no face/body plastering if you use a Google outfit!

Requirements
    ⚜️ Full body shot
    ⚜️ Underwater background
    ⚜️ Editorial version of everyday activity underwater
    ⚜️ At least ONE flowing object on the model (you can have multiple to make it more believable)
    ⚜️ No extra sims

Example:
    rHIQaiw.jpg

Photos
    pG2qTKi.jpg

D8SkH9sUIAEJEra.jpg

X4Hq9HJ.png

Sinead05.png

6iCk4GL.png

A5.png

Results
    First Place
    LonFMxo.png

Second Place
    j1577hU.png

Third Place
    elUBlhT.png

Fourth Place
    tf1ktcN.png

Fifth Place
    t5qvCAl.png

Sixth Place
    q46zHy8.png

Assignment 6
    Assignment
    TbjQgb4.png
    Woot, we’ve reached the finale! Now for those of you who have been here for years, you might remember me discussing this assignment way back when. I decided to add it to this comp due to the difficulty and expectations of it, and I’m so excited to see people finally attempt it! For this round you are going to create a high fashion editorial of an alternative zodiac. And by alternative zodiac I mean creepy, dark, unusual, etc. Or maybe you have a different idea for what alternative means? You have complete freedom this round to express your idea, other than the theme. This means any crop, any background, any styling, etc. Just keep it high fashion and editorial and make sure to go big! This is the finale and I’m expecting your best work yet.

Repeated chosen zodiacs are welcome, but I’d prefer variety if possible. You may also do multiple zodiacs or multiple images in one combined image. Make sure to list your zodiac when posting to avoid confusion if it’s not immediately obvious.

Requirements
    ⚜️ Any shot
    ⚜️ Any background
    ⚜️ Portray an editorial alternative zodiac

Due Date: June 20th (Click the red text for a timer)

Example:
    a71H2W0.jpg

Other Examples:

Photos
    VXlkYTK.jpg

Sinead06resized.png

A6.png

Results
    First Place (Tie)
    gBXLRg7.png

Signature
    8s4RUBn.png

curISaO.png

Signature
    T2x8ATY.png

Second Place
    ZJcVDe5.png

Signature
    3UISDuo.png
    edited May 2019
    Example with Explanation (PS, but applicable to most programs):
    I decided to use an old pic of mine back from Jojo's Victoria's Secret comp as my example. Here is a side by side comparison of the finished product vs what she started as. Note that she has filters on her to match the background's lighting. This should always be your first step when working with lighting. You don't need to do many filters for yours, just a couple on low transparency to mesh her and the lights together.
    Example1.png

Once you've added filters, then you draw light on her. Make a new layer and CLIP it to the sim layer so you aren't drawing on the background. Change the layer mode to Screen.
    unknown.png

Grab your brush. Set the hardness to 0.
    Set Mode to Color Dodge.
    Change Opacity to 30% and Flow to 30%. Adjust as needed of course when drawing. Unless you have a tablet, then just turn pen pressure on as it's easier.
    unknown.png

Color pick/eyedropper tool the color you are drawing first. I start with blue, the light behind her.
    unknown.png

Now as I'm drawing I'm already realizing that 30% just isn't strong enough for me (I'm using a mouse instead of my tablet). So I turn up the opacity and flow a bit to make my life easier.

I place my mouse about where the red O is and draw from that distance (note that my brush size is larger, this was just me showing the placement). If I draw too close it will paint too much on her. I'm adding a base layer at the moment, then when I am done I will go in and add a stronger highlight to the edges.
    unknown.png

Here is what I have so far. Notice the subtle blue. If you look at the example pics for the assignment you'll notice soft highlights, then strong highlights. Especially the closer the light is to the model.

Now I'm going to turn the hardness up and go in and add a strong highlight
    unknown.png

I also noticed the lighting was slightly too dark compared to the light hitting the lady in the back, so I selected a brighter color from that same blue light in the background (I'm still a little off, but closer than I was before). Now I draw a little closer, after turning up my hardness, and start adding a stronger highlight around the edge where her hair is closest to the light.
    unknown.png

Messy before and after example, but you can see that she's got blue tints on her hair AND she has a stronger highlight at the edges where it's closer to the light. So that's all you're doing for the assignment. Just adding lights and then drawing lighting on the sim.
    unknown.png
    edited April 2019
    The wait is finally over, Fashionography is here!

Same thing as last time regarding the "Info" section. If you are new you should read both "General Rules" and "Competition Info". If you are familiar with my competitions then you only need to read "Competition Info".

Applications and Assignment 1 close on the 23rd. Like WWIB the assignments will go up as soon as the previous one ends. I am due May 15th so will probably have a long assignment date when we arrive at that time in case I'm out of commission. Just giving you guys a heads up now.

If you would like to be a judge, please let me know! So far it is just Jezi and I.

@Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @xJojox @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @kittymeow @Socallucyfan @deviouslyvivid @ladybug65 @ColorMePink @wiredhanna67 @Storiessims4 @gardenGothic @Klept0maniac94 @Bubbz3388 @Vanderhoot
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I would like to reserve @MizoreYukii :)
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Please reserve me, @MizoreYukii <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited April 2019
    Application Headshot (yay! have been waiting for this)

Model: Bailee Patten

IyhBEc4.png
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Sounds good!
    Oh hamburgers!
    Sure thing guys! @Jendowoz0612 While I was setting up all I could imagine was you constantly refreshing the page, hahaha!

@Bubbz3388 Does that mean you want to participate?
    Sure thing guys! @Jendowoz0612 While I was setting up all I could imagine was you constantly refreshing the page, hahaha!

@Bubbz3388 Does that mean you want to participate?

Yes
    Oh hamburgers!
  • gardenGothicgardenGothic Posts: 100 Member
    Reserve please!! :smiley:
    Call me Booky!! (they/them)
    Simming Blog: Booky Loves Shiny Things!
    sZNqePM9W6d2Lrm5UpJhHbd9MGqZ5hV2_cX6GZcOXWSbJHRg4SdIhOUXKQtL7PZ6Ux3SEpde2Hd3nhoG7WMRhsE2ti9MIo_qvA3-U8EEgZ5xuacGIjvitbk-ZP5AbDcaMWSoJkL6Eo6xWUfis5ccJS0pYposlsk_vCsFGB-IkMp5jg-Pezqen7W-3DYFGNp1t_9XUjd4_ccSlcDwCGUfiQzNwBaSJm0yPLbiq3pRD6craNK8RUr8EGqaH7bxOGDTCzYZrTJ_SDkk9sgQXK-gFIz8qrIrZhZskNOYSOZBsMkYbiW0CjOevWYW9o1sTsomFi3p11msV69ZRU1sAX1VeG6wJ_6LjOSTZwGmQjMEyIn_LPYTq6GX1nu87u3N_f4cd13H6qq5QAJh3bu16HizzG3V6gtmW32T4h0oBgY3KEWxUe309HdhSgFaF5v_xoQmGgB4llydstDuPpQI456b3vaJDQP1K-h_hscQBwqRaJgLOLmiWaKKLh-_gz5XwTXaGKiDDwq3mpPv4qLQYg6mC6vLtpbmmpPby_uF_aKVy_B1xNbxODNJaov-uIH50hKqI4FaXffJBO2VoDIvockXJ7HsqkZUokCJVFSm6-YgFiPTlNMER1uzh6TbQhufl_rT-16XpKFiF_E4VYx3tmnpWaB9=w628-h224-no
    edited April 2019
    How did you guess? @MizoreYukii I've been waiting for this one for ages. LOL :blush:

Application Head Shot:
    Model: Martha Tyson
    256xo9y.png
    7HX1Vwg.png
    Martha is gorgeous, @MyFavoritedesign

Thank you @Jendowoz0612 ! <3<3<3 I like your model too. We have similar poses. :p
    7HX1Vwg.png
    Application Headshot. Model Name: Nikki Para

modelll.png
    Oh hamburgers!
    edited April 2019
    @Bubbz3388 You made her transparent in your program but it exported it with a checkered background. XD make sure you're saving as Png nvm, seems you did, so it's a setting issue you'll need to correct for exporting. Let me know if you still cant get it and what program you are using so I can give instructions (her hand is also slightly missing in case you want to fix that).
    @Bubbz3388 You made her transparent in your program but it exported it with a checkered background. XD make sure you're saving as Png nvm, seems you did, so it's a setting issue you'll need to correct for exporting. Let me know if you still cant get it and what program you are using so I can give instructions (her hand is also slightly missing in case you want to fix that).

Okay. I’m using adobe photoshop
    Oh hamburgers!
    @Bubbz3388 You can use tinypic.com:// to upload you picture. Maybe it is a problem.
    7HX1Vwg.png
    The blog might be the problem but I'm not sure, so try Tinypic like she suggested, or Flickr or Imgur. Imgur might be better.

Here is a video on exporting if you need it (I just go to "Save As" and select Png, lol).
    https://youtu.be/_0kdNxjKEEY
    24lrdy9.jpg
    Is this better?

Oh hamburgers!
    @Bubbz3388 Theres still a background behind her. The checkers should not be there when you export or save as png. Did you follow the video?
    @Bubbz3388 Theres still a background behind her. The checkers should not be there when you export or save as png. Did you follow the video?

I’ll fix it later in adobe photoshop
    Oh hamburgers!