Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims always have boys!

Is it disproportionate in anyone else's game or just mine? It's like a pattern, and whenever it breaks the pattern, it always leans towards boys

My sims's first child is ALWAYS a boy. The second one might be a girl, if I'm lucky, but there's a higher chance that it'll be another boy. I've been playing for a year and I haven't had ONE family have a girl first, not one.

The only way I've managed to trick the game into giving them a girl child is if - for example - the father already has a son from another relationship, his next one with a different mother will be a girl.

It's reached a point where I have way more boys in my game than girls. Is it the food they're eating or the music that's playing? I made a pregnant Sim constantly listen to pop and it made no difference, she still had a boy. :(

Comments

• Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Not sure if it really randomizes by game, but ever since a Sim I played had 4 girls, I always get boys first now. :/ So I know what you mean.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    There is a "cheat" you can use to supposedly have girls. You eat strawberries and listen to pop music. Carrots and alternative music for boys. I have no idea if this is simply Sim Urban Myth or if it actually works because I have never really cared what the gender of my Sims babies are. Or you could just use MCCC and choose the gender of your baby to female if you really want your sim to have a girl instead of a boy and you can decide how many babies your sim will have too. I let my sims use autonomous try for a baby and am often amused by the outcome. Even when they breed plentifully. Maybe a little too plentifully some might say.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yeah I’ve been using MCCC in my rotational file and six out of six pregnancies have been boys (I cheated one to also have a girl.)
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I know the music and fruit is true I tested it with one of my families. The games mechanics is very simply when determining if the next gender is going to be a boy or girl it counts how many girls and guys are in the game and uses that as a reference point for what the higher percentage is. If there is more girls in the population the higher chance is a boy, if there is more boys in the population the higher chance is a girl. If the game is near the cull stage, the game will produce boys because boys can't have kids, except with aliens.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited April 2019
    My sims predominantly have girls. I mean, I'm okay with that, as I mostly like to play with girls as my main sims.

drakharis wrote: »
    There is a "cheat" you can use to supposedly have girls. You eat strawberries and listen to pop music. Carrots and alternative music for boys. I have no idea if this is simply Sim Urban Myth or if it actually works because I have never really cared what the gender of my Sims babies are. Or you could just use MCCC and choose the gender of your baby to female if you really want your sim to have a girl instead of a boy and you can decide how many babies your sim will have too. I let my sims use autonomous try for a baby and am often amused by the outcome. Even when they breed plentifully. Maybe a little too plentifully some might say.

It's not a cheat, it's an in-game feature to let players, that don't use mods or cheats, influence what their sim will have. Some challenges outlaw it, as they want the gender to be random, but it is a legit in-game feature. And, it does work. At one time, it didn't work with MCCC installed, but I think that issue was fixed and it's now working even with the mod again.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Without eating fruits, or listening to radio stations my sim had 3 males and 1 female last. That sims son had 2 females and the other son had 3 males and 1 female again. I mean...aren’t the odds 50/50. Maybe the games just not choosing the one you want by chance
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Another thing I’ve found; do you have more female sims than male? I had this problem going back a few months ago and it was because of a decline in the male population in my game.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My first Sims 4 children were a boy and a girl.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited April 2019
    This is something that always happened on my game, my primary sim has 11 childrens consisted of multiple twins, triplet and a single child, only 3 of which are females, he also has 2 other brothers and no sister, and 2 male cousins.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'm having a lot of baby boys recently. If I want I girl, I always have to have the mother-to-be eat strawberrys. I don't even remember when I last had a baby girl without that.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    What did you let the mother cook and eat during pregnancy? Some recipes consider carrots as one of the main ingredient and if you allow the mother to eat those recipes then most likely she will have a boy.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2019
    drakharis wrote: »

The food and music thing works. I'm not quite sure on the timing, I think it has to be in the first trimester. Just to be safe I have my sim do it right before try for baby, take the pregnancy test and then do it again.

So try having your sim eat strawberries while listening to pop music.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    It's a mix with my saves. In one save, my Sims have both boys and girls. But in another save, all 4 kids my main family has had are all boys.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited April 2019
    You know, that never happens to me. I usually get more girls than boys. Try getting their gardening skill up a bit so they can harvest strawberries. Those'll really help with getting girls if you listen to pop music too.

I understand how getting all boys can be annoying, because if you're doing the 100 baby challenge you need a girl and if you're a CC user there's more CC for girls (from what I've found). Also, there are more vanilla stuff for girls too. Just my thoughts.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    It's especially annoying if you're playing rotational and need roughly the same amount of boys and girls for every new generation.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited April 2019
    Check your other townie households and stuff in manage worlds. If there are more male Sims in your game then new babies will be mostly generated as female and if you have mostly female in your game the new Sims babies will be generated as most of male to try and balance things out unless you use the cheats.

If you are mostly getting boy babies, I would try deleting a couple households of female Sims that are in the world that you aren't playing with. This will probably help
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Usually I get a pretty even split but lately that has changed. I have a 100 baby challenge running, luckily the matriarch is a vampire because she has just had 2 sets of twins and a set of triplets in a row, all boys. I started another save and that sim is having triplets, all boys.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    Usually I get a pretty even split but lately that has changed. I have a 100 baby challenge running, luckily the matriarch is a vampire because she has just had 2 sets of twins and a set of triplets in a row, all boys. I started another save and that sim is having triplets, all boys.

Just so you are aware, there is a rule that the matriarch is not allowed to be a vampire in the hundred baby challenge. Of course you're always welcome to just play it as you want to anyways I'm just letting you know in case you wanted to use the official rules.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited April 2019
    simm621 wrote: »

Just so you are aware, there is a rule that the matriarch is not allowed to be a vampire in the hundred baby challenge. Of course you're always welcome to just play it as you want to anyways I'm just letting you know in case you wanted to use the official rules.

There are rules for occults where you can use an occult for a matriarch
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Babies can have gene rerolls during pregnancy which changes the baby's outcome (boy, girl, mom's hair, dad's hair, eyes, twins, etc). If you change your sims or household changes within that time, the baby's outcome rerolls.

Here's a basic scenario as an example:
    • A sim couple(not married) becomes pregnant. Sim A (blonde hair and pregnant) lives with their parents and sibling, while Sim B (redhair) lives alone. The child is expected to be a blonde baby girl.
    • Sim A's sibling moves out of the house. (Baby reroll #1 redhair boy)
    • Sim B proposes to Sim A and moves in with them and their parents. (Baby reroll #2 blonde boy)
    • The family makes changes to the house (build mode) to prepare for the baby (Baby reroll #3 redhair girl)
    • Sim A's mother passes away (Baby reroll #4 twins: redhair boy, blonde girl)
    • Sim B adopts a puppy (Baby reroll #5: blonde girl)
    • Sim A dyes their hair brown (Baby reroll #6 twin brunette boys)
    • Sim A gives birth to two brunette boys

Basically the moment your sim finds out they're pregnant, these changes can cause gene rerolls. Since there's a 50% chance of having a boy or girl, constant rerolls can basically leave the chances up in the air. Adding gender inducers (strawberries/carrots or pop/rock) really do help change it. However, if a household goes through another change, it also changes the reroll.

So if we rewind the scenario a little bit and have Sim A eating strawberries and listening to pop, the roll would change to a baby girl. But If afterward, she dyes her hair black for a party that would change the reroll to a dark-haired boy.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    All my sims in every save I have right now that have kids (5 total with kids) have boys and that’s it. One I cheated and changed the gender in CAS after they aged to a toddler because I was so irritated by this. It feels like in my game it’s honestly a glitch and I can’t have girls. I’m trying a 100 baby challenge and part of it is to test this theory. Only just have two twins right now in that save and both boys. But we shall see. Something is off with my randomizer though with gender, that is just weird. Mine isn’t a maybe I’ll have a girl it’s always a boy.
  • Options
    Check your other townie households and stuff in manage worlds. If there are more male Sims in your game then new babies will be mostly generated as female and if you have mostly female in your game the new Sims babies will be generated as most of male to try and balance things out unless you use the cheats.

If you are mostly getting boy babies, I would try deleting a couple households of female Sims that are in the world that you aren't playing with. This will probably help

Thanks, but my townies are completely balanced. I have just as much female as male townies.
  • Options
    gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    2 possibilites; you were not lucky or this is a bug, have you used any script mods?
  • Options
    I'm using a script mod for the game to always start pause and a second one to allow for miscarriages. The first one surely istn't the culprit. I'm not so sure about the second one, though. I will take it out for a while and see whether that helps.

Thanks for your suggestion, @gustavowizard.
  • Options
    OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    I realised into my game my sim had apples in their inventory and was using them to cook fruit salads, french toast etc.

Try removing any fruits from inventories and fridges and also getting rid of TV and radio, just to see if that helps!