Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm wrapping up with my current project, so here's my letter to make sure I don't miss the sign up deadline! Looking forward to an exciting and fun gift exchange with you all!

Username: KaytayRoall

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/KaytayRoall

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except sweet treats

I own the following Store Content: All except for exclusives/promotions/simpoint bundle items.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All. Gold version of all worlds that have a gold version except for Roaring Heights (which I have the standard version of).

Some of my favorite colors are: Blues, closely followed by greens and purples. Also earth tones.

I really don’t like this color: Neons or over-saturated colors, but even then only if they are used out of place.

I love to use items from this set: So many. I love the Bayside kitchen stuff, the Nautical Living and Sun, Surf and Sand sets, and also the Japanese-inspired decor. But also, so many more...

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Hidden Springs, Sunlit Tides and Dragon Valley are my favorites.

I enjoy playing in this custom world: N/A. I've only played in EA worlds.

I enjoy this style of build the most: Craftsman, Scandinavian and Tudor are probably my top favorites. I also like Mediterranean, Victorian, Contemporary... Really just whatever fits.

I really don’t want this in my game: Large families. I get overwhelmed with more than 4 or 5 sims.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: 40x40 or smaller is preferred for ease of placing, but if you need more space, go for it!

I want/don’t want berry sims: Do not. Specifically, I don't mind the colorful skin tones, especially for supernaturals, but I don't want a sims that has all the same color skin, eyes, hair and clothes.

I want/don’t want occult sims: I like all life states and occults! Witches, fairies and plant sims are some of my favorites, but I like all of them.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: I like pets! I often play horse-centric games. I'm a cat person IRL, but find them a bit too needy in the sims (social bar drains too fast and fills too slow, imo), so if including cats, please make sure they have a buddy to play with, either a second cat or other pet. Small pets are fun, too.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much?: Either a few points in their specific skills and/or general life skills (see below) or not at all, whichever works better for you!

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household?: I'd consider cooking, handiness, and charisma (and maybe gardening or athletic) to all be general life skills and would be happy with sims that had a couple of points in any/all of those, but also that's totally optional. I'm also happy to start with blank slate sims.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build?: Mostly just whatever is fitting. Lately I have been including a couple planter pots in most of my builds, so my sims can grow the ingredients for their favorite foods, even if they aren't gardeners. So maybe that, but it isn't necessary if you don't want to.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom?: Most of my sims get around by taxi, bike, broom or sometimes horse. So I don't need a garage or parking space specifically for the sake of their transportation. I'd rather you choose whether to add a garage to a build based on how it looks or fits in.

Other: Aside from what's in the rest of the letter, I like sims that have a bit of a backstory or a quirk. If you want some general ideas of things I'm looking for for my game, my Gift of Creation wishlist has several general wishes for things like horses, starter homes and community lots. If you want some specific ideas, based on my current saves: a bowling alley/skating rink with arcade, a poolside club for Sunlit Tides, a non-festival central park lot for Lunar Lakes, or an all-animals-welcome farmhouse for Moonlight Falls would be great. There's also some parts of the game I haven't tried and would love an excuse to explore: nectar-making, the ghost hunter career and aliens. Or just let your imagination run wild!

That may seem like a lot of requests, but don't be overwhelmed. Everything in this letter is meant to be guidelines and to spark ideas for you. You don't have to adhere to any of it strictly. Most important is that you have fun with what you make and I will be sure to love it! <3

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome back @KaytayRoall
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited April 2019
    :)
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Welcome back @KaytayRoall
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

she comes up with some amazing stuff. i was one of the lucky recipents. :)
    Re-reading Buddy Letters and working on pairings.
    Not sure why the Jeopardy theme music is popping in my head, lol
    Tentative pairings are done.
    Time to ponder if these challenge and inspire each Buddy.

It's fine if more Buddies sign up ... the more, the merrier!
    Remember, the deadline to sign up is Saturday, April 13th at 11 pm (EST)
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    I can't wait to see who my buddy is! I've been trying to think of what to build, but all of the buddy letters are floating around in my head and it will be good to see which one it is!!!
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Always love these exchanges and while I have been playing even more lately (even got a D.N.A. request @Romagi1 is working on!). Right now Sims is a much need "relaxing" outlet for me plus you know I hate the pressure of having to do a build. Then of course ever so often real life get in the way .... So I am going to once again sit this one out and just be a lurker!

Like last time .... I will be a cheerleader, share some for inspiration and such and steal ... er "check out" everyone's gifts as they come in.

@ADWilson As before if you need someone to help keep the thread active, or need someone to make a sim/household for one reason or another let me know!

Otherwise, lets bring on the buddy letters!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

I am getting soooo excited :D .... and like DinoJr I can hardly wait to find out who my buddy will be ... I'm itching to get started and hope the next 2 days go pretty quickly :)
    *waves*
    Hi @Mystik1978 :)

Feel free to post inspiration pictures!
    Chat to encourage the Buddies is nice, too.

Will definitely keep you in mind should a sim/household be needed. Thank YOU!
    DinoJr wrote: »
    I can't wait to see who my buddy is! I've been trying to think of what to build, but all of the buddy letters are floating around in my head and it will be good to see which one it is!!!

I can understand that! Saw some neat ideas within the letters!!
    Hidehi wrote: »
    I am getting soooo excited :D .... and like DinoJr I can hardly wait to find out who my buddy will be ... I'm itching to get started and hope the next 2 days go pretty quickly :)

Me too!
    Soon the excitement of wondering who your Buddy is will be replaced by excitement of their reaction come gifting time!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yay @KaytayRoall, I'm glad you got your letter and will be part of the gift exchange.

Sorry that you are sitting this one out again @Mystik1978. You are an awesome creator. We will love having you cheer and steal er, glean ideas and give certain products a very thorough investigation. :wink:

This is where Little Orphan Annie sings "Tomorrow... tomorrow... I love ya, tomorrow... You're only a day away."
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @friendsfan367 It's sweet of you to remember me, thank you! It's good to see you again. :)

@ADWilson @ciane Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I'm catching that excitement to get started too! :D
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm sorry you are sitting it out @Mystik1978, but I fully understand the need to keep the sims as your me time. I'm glad you will be by to encourage us. These people are awesome and there are not enough people telling them so.

Speaking of telling... I'm going to find something to keep myself occupied so I don't badger AD all day asking her to tell me who my buddy will be.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
    Re-reading Buddy Letters and working on pairings.
    Not sure why the Jeopardy theme music is popping in my head, lol

was my letter complete. i wrote it with my glasses on which you know i'm still adjusting too so not sure i complely filled it out.
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    These people are awesome and there are not enough people telling them so.
    I agree!!
    Speaking of telling... I'm going to find something to keep myself occupied so I don't badger AD all day asking her to tell me who my buddy will be.
    Having set the list aside and returning with fresh eyes, I quite like the pairings that were made. Some might be easier than others but all should spark inspiration and ideas for letting creativity flow. Can't wait to see what y'all do!!
    I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
    Wishing each of you the same!
    was my letter complete. i wrote it with my glasses on which you know i'm still adjusting too so not sure i complely filled it out.
    It looks good to me. If your Buddy has questions or need clarification, they can send me a PM and we'll get it all sorted out. :)
    It looks good to me. If your Buddy has questions or need clarification, they can send me a PM and we'll get it all sorted out. :)

thanks. i did it with my glasses on but never went back to check it.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Been up playing my Fae tonight, I took a break from Sims 4 lately (though my daughter still plays) and I have been having a lot of fun in Sioms 3 and decide I did want to join after all. I am not as skilled of a build as many of the buddies but I am happy enough to say I am no longer the total newbie either. I have uploaded my fae within the last month plus media and such so I know that works well. As a rule I do not play with CC so I should be ok with custard checks. So if it is ok with everyone and Addie will have me I would love to join after all. If everything is ok, here is my buddy form. I know I repeated my answers a lot I tried to give as much detail as possible while be honest on my role-playing/story driven play style.

Buddy Letter form:

Username: Mystik1978

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Mystik1978

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of Them (Hello My Name is Mystik and I am a Sims Addict)

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All of Them (Would the real Sims Junkie Please Stand Up *stands up*)

I own the following Store Content: I own most of it, use whatever you like if I do not have it I still have points saved up so I can get it.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: Again I own them all (I am not spoiled I swear!)

Some of my favorite colors are: Purples, Blues, Creams, Wood Accents

I really don’t like this color: Orange

I love to use items from this set: Oh this could be a long list but let’s just say I enjoy it all depending on the theme/story I am working on. But … you can never go wrong with Boho, Island, Medieval, Storybook styles

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Been playing in Island Paradise – Plus waiting on a D.N,A, build from Romagi so I am supr excited to play around with it. I also love Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs but again I play in them all depending on my storyline I am current working on.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): Never used a custom world but lately I have given thought to checking some out. Know any good ones, send me a message and tell me all about it.

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) Boho and Victorian, Queen Anne.

I really don’t want this in my game: I do not dislike anything really. Again, I tend to shy away from Modern builds, but I have been giving thought to checking some out. I have a Sim story started that would be do well in a more modern style build. So, if you dislike making the above feel free to do a Modern one.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) I am lucky my computer can run bigger builds now but normally I still with the in the middle sizes. Though sometimes I wonder what it would be like to play in a huge build or a small build. I look at the tiny little things and wonder how Sims move in such small builds!

I want/don’t want berry sims: I love berries – again depends on my play style.

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) Hands down one of my favorite packs was Supernatural so I love any and all occult Sims.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) I love pets! Cats and Dogs for the win. Though other ones like horses I haven’t played with as much so might be cool to have one. One day I am hoping to be able to get my hands on a unicorn thus far my sims have been unable to find one. Any unique and rare pets would be amazing!

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) Depends on my storyline – Often I like Sims to have a few skill points because not being able to boil water as a full grown adult or burning down the house trying to make a grill cheese seems really unrealistic to me. However, if I start with no skills I often try to add that in my story (AKA Memory Loss, Ext)

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Your example took the words right out of my mouth! Other skills are also nice, so I do not have to spend my first several play throughs working on basic skills for them but again this depends on my story.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skill objects would be awe-sim!) Any skills items would be great. A nice farm with chickens, gardening and such would be a cool thing to have.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) This is a loaded question and has the same answer as most of the other ones. Depends on my character and storyline I am playing. I love cars and have several of the free ones we got long time ago. And we all need to get on and ride our broom from time to time. 😉

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) I am easy going so I am sure I would enjoy anything you wish to make me. Making handmade items for sale I know all about how special handmade items are so I would appreciate anything you took the time to make. But … since many buddies like to have more to go on here are some suggestions. First of everything I mentioned above would be great. Other ideas – I also want to play more into the running a business side of things so maybe a bakery or something other. Another desire I have is to try my hand at being a farmer – all work from home stuff with animals and gardens and such. Never have I ever made or played in any new University places so that might be an option. I also haven’t done much with houseboats and I have really been on an island kick lately. Lastly, I am a long-time gamer and role-player. I love it when Sims have background stories or bios, you can even post history on build and what not.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.

I have read all rules and post. I agree to all terms and will follow through on the exchange to make sure everyone is happy, and things run smoothly.
    ~Mystik AKA Skymyst

~ end of form ~

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hello, long time lurker and hopeful/last minute participant here :) It is amazing to see so many familiar faces and so many new ones too! :hushed: Congratulations on your membership @LMC6255 and Happy Birthday @Bubbz3388

Thank you so much for hosting @ADWilson <3 Though my building skills are rusty in the extreme and slower than a sleeping tortoise I would love to join, if there is till room for one more and if you'll have me, if you wont I hope blatant bribery is also acceptable >:)

Username: AlphaFen Simmer of Sims and occasional Builder of Builds B)

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: Mypage

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them, safely stored in my treasure hoard for rolling in… which can be painful….

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: Fast Lane, High End Loft, Town Life and 70’s, 80’s & 90’s

I own the following Store Content: All but limited edition or promo items

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All but Barnacle Bay, Roaring Heights, Monte Vista and Dragon Valley aka the payable ones

Some of my favorite colors are: What I like most of of all is that the colours suit the build/sim’s character, but seeing as that is super vague, I also like light blues/greens/purples and warm hacienda style tones. Also wood as it looks good and provides me with oxygen, how can I say no?

I really don’t like this color: Neon/bright colours in general or yellow except as an accent, but if it suits the build/sim’s character than I’m happy as a clam that’s just signed up for a gift exchange :blush:

I love to use items from this set: Not big on the Harajuku/street couture items but otherwise all/any/everything

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Midnight Falls with short vacations in Isla Paridiso, but don’t feel restricted by their style as I have farms, haciendas, a splash of Bauhaus, secret dungeons and all sorts of AlphaFen made offences to architecture

I enjoy playing in this custom world: Not applicable

I enjoy this style of build the most: All, I love anything that has a sense of character or theme to it, though I’m not over keen on houses so modern they have their own twitter account #simsproblems

I really don’t want this in my game: CC or CAP. Large harvestable gardens, small ones are lovely but not ones that require a sim to give up sleep/hope/happiness to maintain it. Houses so large you have to send out scouting parties whenever someone is late for dinner

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Preferably between 20x20 and 40x40 go larger if needs be ie for a big venue or such, but not the largest size unless absolutely necessary.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I prefer my sims colourful on the inside ;)

I want/don’t want occult sims: Not fussed, as long as they come with two legs and a plumbob I’m happy

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Pets: Yes Zoo: No

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? Whatever suits the character ie if they're supposed to be a top athlete than some athletic skills makes sense, if they’re the sort who gets cramp just looking at a football then leave them be (and maybe let them have a lie down)

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Nope, no skills some skills whatever floats your bespangled boat

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? I like a bookcase to learn the basics, a mirror and something to increase their painting and athletic skills whether this be an easel, a TV or a swimming pool etc is up to you

How do your sims travel around town? In style B) but failing that a parking space, if it fits and suits the general ambience, is most welcome

Other: I do enjoy having laundry items in my home, starters excluded, because there is nothing so beautiful than seeing a pile of washing and knowing you're not the person who has to do it :hushed: Other than that all and any additions would be greatly appreciated! <3 Want to make some sims? I would love to increase my shrinking gene pool play with a new family! More than one sim is one sim too many? I have someone looking for husband number 5! Why deal with people, isn’t that what life’s for? Than build to your heart’s content! Family homes! Starter homes! More family homes! A new French base camp! All are needed! AlphaFen why don’t you quit your crazy questions and let me build my dream replica of Versailles/Sock hop theme park? :tired_face: Do it! All that matters is that you enjoy yourself! I just want to see your creativity, so whatever you make you have the AlphaFen guarantee that I'll love it and express that love with terrible punctuation :kissing_heart:

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates ← Duly paid attention to the lack of rules against ill thought out bribery :innocent:
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @Hidehi is Great Bear a nice world? I'm always looking for new adventures in other worlds to start!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited April 2019
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @Hidehi is Great Bear a nice world? I'm always looking for new adventures in other worlds to start!

@BreeMiles Not Hidehi, but Great Bear is gorgeous.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    So glad you decided to join us @Mystik1978 and @AlphaFen !
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2019
    @BreeMiles Great Bear is really pretty, I've enjoyed playing there. So is Cape Garner Islands by the same creator.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top