Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Foreign Food Guide with Descriptions **NEW** Selvadoradian Culture Recipes

MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
edited February 14 in Nominated Threads
This is partially cut and pasted from Carl's Sims 4 Guide, with me adding the descriptions that I found online. Original list I used can be found here : carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28350.0carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28350.0. Also big thank you to SimsVIP for uploading pictures that can be found here: https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#Recipes. Found additional info here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Cooking_(The_Sims_4)

Many simmers (including myself) have no idea what some of the foreign dishes are that are served by the food stalls in City Living. I decided since I couldn't find a descriptive list, I'd make one!

Key:
(V) - Vegetarian
(S) - Spicy
(C) - Chopsticks

Japanese Food Stall (Ramen noodles image)
Ramen $12 (C)
5.png
- noodles usually served in broth with meat and vegetables

Dango $14 (V)(C)
19.png
- 3 to 6 rice flour dumpling balls on a skewer, usually sweet and/or topped with sweet sauce

Nigiri $20 (C)
18.png
-a type of sushi. Patty made from rice topped with fish and tied together with seaweed.

Pufferfish nigiri$50 (C)
18.png
- same type of sushi as above except made with the Pufferfish, a fish that can be deadly if not prepared correctly

American Food Stall (Hot dog & fries image)
Hot Dog $11
Tofu Dog $11 (V)
Hamburger $12
Veggie Burger $12 (V)

Mexican Food Stall
(Cactus image)
Taquitos $8
14.png
- tortilla rolled up with meat and cheese filling and then deep fried

Empanadas $11
11.png
- unsweetened half-circle pastry filled with ingredients such as meat, cheese, and vegetables; usually baked or fried

Bean & Cheese Burrito $12 (V)
15.png
- refried beans and cheese wrap

(Wrap- filling wrapped inside and fully enclosed with no filling visible)

Chicken Burrito $12
16.png
- chicken (most likely with refried beans and/or cheese) wrap

Spinach-Wrapped Veggie Burrito $12 (V)
10.png
- vegetables (most likely with refried beans and/or cheese) in a spinach leaf wrap

Tomato-Wrapped Veggie Burrito $12 (V)
12.png
- vegetables (most likely with refried beans and/or cheese) in a tomato wrap

Filipino Food Stall (Lumpia [Egg rolls] image)
Siopao $10
20.png
- a steamed bun dumpling made of rice flour with a shredded pork or chicken filling inside

Lumpia $10
24.png
- a type of spring roll or egg roll; a rice flour wrapper filled with chopped vegetables and possibly meat, usually fried

Ensaymada $10
13.png
- a glazed sweet dough pastry similar to a doughnut, sometimes topped with cheese

Pork Adobo $14
21.png
- pork stewed and simmered in a marinade made of lemon or vinegar, garlic, pepper, and other spices, served with rice

Chinese Food Stall (Take-out container image)
Egg Rolls $10
9.png
- An egg-dough flour thin pastry wrapped around a filling of shredded cabbage, usually mixed with other shredded vegetables and meat, then deep fried

Mapo Tofu with Pork $13 (S)(C)
28.png
- ground pork that is pan fried until crispy, then simmered with tofu in a sweet and spicy sauce

Sweet and Sour Pork $15 (C)
8.png
- Pieces of pork covered in breading, pan or deep fried, then simmered in a sweet and sour syrupy sauce

Sweet and Sour Eggplant $15 (V)(C)
3.png
- same as above, but with pieces of eggplant instead of pork

Indian Food Stall (Curry & Nan image)
Samosa $10 (V)(S)
26.png
- a triangle nonsweet pastry baked or fried containing a spicy potato filling that sometimes contains meat, onion, or peas

Bhel Puri $13 (V)(S)
1.png
- a base of toasted puffed rice, usually includes chopped onion, tomatoes, potatoes, and peanuts, often covered with tamarind, a sweet and sour pulpy fruit, sauce

Curry $14 (V)(S)
27.png
- a meat that is cooked with a spice blend made of ground turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, and chilies. Usually made in a broth, but can be served dry

Moroccan Food Stall (Tajine image)
Brochette $15
23.png
- meat, often with vegetables, cooked on a skewer/stick

Tajine $16
7.png
- slow-cooked savory stew containing spices, sliced meat (or fish), vegetables, and fruit

Merguez $20
4.png
- spicy sausage made of lamb or beef

Vietnamese Food Stall (Pho noodles image)
Gui Cuon $10
22.png
- a rice flour wrap containing vegetables and sometimes meat, served cold and uncooked

Banh Mi $12
17.png
- similar to a sub or hoagie, a sandwich filled with meats and vegetables, such as grilled chicken,
pork, or sausage with cucumbers, cilantro, pickled carrots, shredded radishes with a condiment like spicy chili sauce or mayonnaise

Pho $12 (S)(C)
6.png
- a rice noodle soup with a clear broth, often containing meat or tofu, topped with garnish vegetables such as spring onion or bean sprouts

Uptown Food Stall
(Hot dog & fries image) -see American Food Stall
Hot Dog $11
Tofu Dog $11 (V)
Hamburger $12
Veggie Burger $12 (V)

Uptown Japanese Food Stall (Ramen noodles image) -see Japanese Food Stall
Ramen $12 (C)
Dango$14 (V)(C)
Nigiri $20 (C)
Pufferfish nigiri $50 (C)
Note: This stall has better quality food than the Japanese Food Stall, reducing chances of dying from poorly made Pufferfish Nigiri

Uptown Gourmet Food Stall (Spoon & fork image)
Fruit & Yogurt Parfait $15 (V)
Caprese Salad $20 (V)
Spinach Frittata $22 (V)
Pasta Primavera $25 (V)

Uptown Cupcake Stall (Cupcake image)
The Baconing Cupcake$10
Carrot Cake Cupcake $10 (V)
Super Chocolate Tummers Bomb $10 (V)
Red Velvet Cupcake$10 (V)
Strawberry Fizz Cupcake $10 (V)
Classic Vanilla Cupcake $10 (V)

*********************************************************NEW*********************************************************

Selvadorada Specialties

Note: Selvadorada foods are all based on South American cuisines

Level 3 Selvadoradian Culture
Platanos Fritos (V)
Platannos-Fritos.png
-plantains pan fried in oil

Pastel de Palmito (V)
Pastel-de-Palmito.png
-deep fried rum pastry filled with cream cheese, hearts of palm, and other chopped vegetables

Pastel de Camarão
Pastel-de-Camarao.png
-deep fried pastry turnover dipped in breadcrumbs stuffed with a shrimp filling

Empanadas de Verde (V)
Empanadas-de-Verde.png
-deep fried pastry with a green plantain dough usually stuffed with a cheese filling

Buñuelos (V)
Bunuelos.png
-deep fried round or flat doughnut made of a cheese and yeast dough

Arepa Rellena con Perico (V)
Arepa-Rellena-con-Perico.png
-scrambled eggs mixed with chopped onions and tomatoes in a corn cake tortilla, often served with avocado

Arepa de Pabellòn
Arepa-de-Pabellon.png
-shredded beef, sweet plantains, black beans, and crumbled cheese inside a corn cake tortilla

Drinks
Espuma Agria
Espuma-Agria.png
-translates to "sour foam", a type of "juice"

Horchata
Horchata.png
-drink made of rice, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon

Yerba Mate
Yerba-Mate.png
-made from the holly plant Yerba Mate, a highly caffeinated tea, served hot or cold

Level 5 Selvadoradian Culture
Baleada (V)
Baleada.png
-refried red beans, cheese, sour cream, chopped onion, and tomato inside a flour tortilla

Feijoada
Feijoada.png
-thick stew made of black beans, sausage, pork, and carne seca (type of corned beef)

Curanto
Curanto.png
-steamed clams, mussels, sausage, chicken, pork, and potatoes

Thank you for taking the time to read my guide.

Happy simming! :)

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    This is awesome! Thanks so much for this; I can now get my sims to eat all of them!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you so much @AriaMad2 , it took me a really long time so I'm glad you like it! I was thinking of adding Selvadorada food and their descriptions too.

Update: Today I added Spicy and Chopsticks indicators to the foods that have those traits.
    Post edited by MLadyAzzera on
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Ohh no!!! I just learned all the recipes from Jungle Adventure, I forgot about all the other food stalls, I still need all the experimental food recipes too....

My sim is gonna be so fat!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Thank you for the list. Very useful. Can sims also eat them at a restaurant and learn them that way?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This is great. I can't possibly remember what foods my sims eat so this will help on the ones that I've wanted to do this on.
    I wish this had been added to the notebook for our sims.
    egTcBMc.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    None of the foods in the game are listed as Vegan but Vegetarian. :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    This is great, thanks for taking the time to do this! There were a few dishes from Selvadorada I never heard of. Then one day I was watching a cooking show where the dish feijoada was prepared. It turns out it's a Brazilian stew with meat and beans as the main ingredients. One day I will have to try this dish for myself so I'll know what my sims are tasting. :smile:
    edited March 2019
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Thank you for the list. Very useful. Can sims also eat them at a restaurant and learn them that way?
    Yes, I just double checked and they are available to select these dishes in the menu editor and they will learn the recipe after eating it. Ooo think of the themed restaurants we could make! That and it would be cool to have a restaurant with all of these foods as an easy way for your sims to access these so they can learn all of them quickly.
    None of the foods in the game are listed as Vegan but Vegetarian. :)
    Omgoodness you are so right. I totally missed that, I just updated it so it says Vegetarian. There is definitely a difference, thanks for pointing this out!

@mikamakimon
    Thanks! Yeah, I think I'm going to add Selvadorada food to this list too, because I had no idea what the feijoada was until you explained it just now. I love how the game introduces foreign cuisine because I would have never have been exposed to these otherwise (sadly enough)!
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you, thank you for this! On the occasion I would look up the dishes from CL but it's nice to have them and pictures all in one place! :relaxed:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
    edited April 2019
    Today I updated this guide to also include Selvadoradian cuisine.

Happy simming! :)

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Thanks for the info :) I've always wondered what half of those are.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Thank you. This is awesome. Now I know what my Sims are eating.
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    My Sim ate some kind of curry at a food stall. Now the Sim wants to make the recipe but the refrigerator says it needs curry. Where do I get curry?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This is great, thanks for taking the time to do this! There were a few dishes from Selvadorada I never heard of. Then one day I was watching a cooking show where the dish feijoada was prepared. It turns out it's a Brazilian stew with meat and beans as the main ingredients. One day I will have to try this dish for myself so I'll know what my sims are tasting. :smile:

you will love feijoada :tongue:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    My Sim ate some kind of curry at a food stall. Now the Sim wants to make the recipe but the refrigerator says it needs curry. Where do I get curry?

At the spice market.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top