Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silver linings!

Well the downside to my computer nose diving into the sludge that is Windows 10 rejection syndrome is that I lost a big chunk of time in the family I'm currently playing. The upside is that I get to rebuild a venue (a resort) I wasn't very happy with (just certain aspects.) However, I'm wondering if there's a way to tell what the current decoration rating is. I know there are 3 different level to the "decorated" buffs (decorated, nicely decorated, beautifully decorated) so I'm wondering if there's a way to tell what, if any, buff there would be or +environment needed per level of buff? Anyone know?

Comments

• stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I found this thread to be helpful and quite interesting when it comes to the decorated buffs: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=1158.0

HTH
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Thanks! It did, but whew is it more complicated than I thought it would be lol! Thank you for the help though! :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I just add 3 paintings worth 10 environment points. I find two isn’t quite enough and 3 is slightly too much. So I have cc pictures that are quite inexpensive and have 10 environment points.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Another thought. The little gold gnome tombstones give 5 environment points. So having them scattered around the garden can help.
    I don't know why but there is no moodlet at all happening no matter how many decorations I put around them or the +environment on the items... It's very strange
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I have not played the resorts much but Carl's got a guide on how to get good ratings, see the Decor and Landscaping sections:
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/islandparadise/resortmanagement/starratingsandreviews.php

I am not sure if the Decorated moodlets shows up at a venue/resort; as opposed to a residential lot. The Beautiful Vista does though, depending on the lot.
    Must not, though that's pretty silly really. Resorts irl are always trying to impress with their decor lol.

I already have Hobarts at a five, I just really wanted to make this one over the top luxurious - which I can still do, I was just trying to aim for the best buff in the process lol. Thank you for the link! I'm a daily user of Carls, I love their guides! :)
    Maybe you could try following the guide in how to get a Beautifully Decorated moodlet, posted earlier in this thread, or the 3X10 points method; and visit the resort as a guest when it is done, just to know for sure if a visitor gets any of the beauty (and report back to us :smile: )
    Maybe you could try following the guide in how to get a Beautifully Decorated moodlet, posted earlier in this thread, or the 3X10 points method; and visit the resort as a guest when it is done, just to know for sure if a visitor gets any of the beauty (and report back to us :smile: )

lol yeah that's what I did do :) I guess I just wasn't very clear, sorry. It doesn't seem to give a buff unfortunately. Ah well, *I* can still enjoy the decor even if the guests can't hahaha!
    Ah, that explains it. We'll just write it off with the guests all having the trait Dislikes Art then! :grin:
    Ah, that explains it. We'll just write it off with the guests all having the trait Dislikes Art then! :grin:

Almost makes me want to see how jacked up and dumpy I can make a resort look while earning 5 stars rofl!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I realize this is not going to be helpful in any way, but that's not a bad name for a resort you've got there.

"Good morning, Jacked Up and Dumpy. May I have your reservation number, please?"
    :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Right now I have Aléjate Shores and soon The New Sands (where the Sparkling Sands use to be) but I'm now thinking about building an amusement park resort, so I just might make use of that! :)
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Have you got the Now and Then Century Manor?
    bklienhart wrote: »
    Have you got the Now and Then Century Manor?

I hadn't even ever opened up that venue to see what was included.. Spiderwebs?? Yes please! I will probably get that in the near future :) Why do you ask? :)
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    If you're going for Jacked Up and Dumpy, that's the venue you need.