Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling the Phandom

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    nani wrote: »
    Just found this forum, wow. Hello fellow Phandom members.

Belated hi there! :)

Not only pinof is cancelled, the gaming channel is "on hiatus" at the moment. I know, they don´t owe us anything, but I miss my Dan and Phil fix. :'(
    On the other hand, I suspect, that they are planning something again.

who knows, i'm sad though. my youtube is lonely.

Hi, welcome to the thread! This is the only place I am understood, honestly.

I was just thinking of this today, like I haven't gotten a YouTube notification from their channels forever. I checked their channels to make sure nothing happened (again, super out of the loop), and I saw Dan's last video was uploaded 6 months ago, Phil's 1 month ago, but still :/ I know they don't owe us anything, but I'm still bummed out. It's making me want to download Twitter again just so I know that they're still there. I sure hope they're planning something, I need my DnP fix... My tattoo needs it! :(

From what I’ve heard Phil is filming a video sometime this week so I’m assuming he’ll post something mid next week.

I saw that on Phil's Twitter while trying to find out how they were doing. But what about Dan? :disappointed:

Not too sure about Dan, but he has said that he’s got plans for future videos.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    How does everyone feel about Phil's new YouTube community feature thing? I was really excited at first, but then I noticed that it was $5/per month and not just a flat fee of $5 :/ I would love to do it, but I just don't spend that much time in the actual community or on social media - this is the extent of my communication with other members of the Phandom. But, hey, has anyone joined it?
    giphy.gif
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Not part of this, but happy fanning!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I just looked up the YouTubers react to Mass Text video and apparently I first started watching Dan and Phil on September 26, 2013? But it seems so much longer...? :o
    How does everyone feel about Phil's new YouTube community feature thing? I was really excited at first, but then I noticed that it was $5/per month and not just a flat fee of $5 :/ I would love to do it, but I just don't spend that much time in the actual community or on social media - this is the extent of my communication with other members of the Phandom. But, hey, has anyone joined it?

I'd hate to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I'm not exactly thrilled by this. Don't get me wrong, I love Dan and Phil. I hate to be that person, but having their content to fall in to helped me through a very difficult period in my life, and will subsequently always have a place in my heart. That being said, I don't like the way their channels are going. I know it's not strictly their fault, the landscape of YouTube is definitely changing. But every time I see a sponsored video or another merch push, it twists my heart. Especially now that we get videos so in frequently. And their content has strayed so far from what made me fall in love with them in the first place. It just makes it that much harder to bear. And this new subscription sponsorship? I am disappointed by it. I can understand a new channel, a small channel, a niche channel, a channel that is doing YouTube as a hobby or second job, asking for help. Phil is none of those things. It's my understanding that between his channel and the opportunities it has afford him, he is a millionaire. He doesn't need it. And he especially doesn't need it when his main audience, and the people he's asking money from, are children and very young adults; people who typically have little to no income. I don't understand it.

I know this comes off as harsh, but I hope everyone can appreciate that it's very painful for me to write this, given how much I love, respect, and admire them.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I just looked up the YouTubers react to Mass Text video and apparently I first started watching Dan and Phil on September 26, 2013? But it seems so much longer...? :o

I'd hate to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I'm not exactly thrilled by this. Don't get me wrong, I love Dan and Phil. I hate to be that person, but having their content to fall in to helped me through a very difficult period in my life, and will subsequently always have a place in my heart. That being said, I don't like the way their channels are going. I know it's not strictly their fault, the landscape of YouTube is definitely changing. But every time I see a sponsored video or another merch push, it twists my heart. Especially now that we get videos so in frequently. And their content has strayed so far from what made me fall in love with them in the first place. It just makes it that much harder to bear. And this new subscription sponsorship? I am disappointed by it. I can understand a new channel, a small channel, a niche channel, a channel that is doing YouTube as a hobby or second job, asking for help. Phil is none of those things. It's my understanding that between his channel and the opportunities it has afford him, he is a millionaire. He doesn't need it. And he especially doesn't need it when his main audience, and the people he's asking money from, are children and very young adults; people who typically have little to no income. I don't understand it.

I know this comes off as harsh, but I hope everyone can appreciate that it's very painful for me to write this, given how much I love, respect, and admire them.

i agree, we often forget (at least i do) that they are wealthy. They have merch, youtube, probably a lot more i forgot, what i mean is they have money. So i don't see why Phil ask for money ? I have never been fan of the sponsorship features or however they call it, it can certainly help small channels (even if youtube is just trying to copy patreon) but them ? as much as i love them i really don't think they need it, money wise.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

Sister Daniel is here to bless us all

maxresdefault.jpg

i agree, we often forget (at least i do) that they are wealthy. They have merch, youtube, probably a lot more i forgot, what i mean is they have money. So i don't see why Phil ask for money ? I have never been fan of the sponsorship features or however they call it, it can certainly help small channels (even if youtube is just trying to copy patreon) but them ? as much as i love them i really don't think they need it, money wise.

You basically said what I wasn't sure how to; I have to agree with you. My first Dan and Phil video was the photo booth challenge - I cried with laughter! I fell in love with them that day. I mostly stayed on Dan's channel, but I eventually started watching Phil's videos later on. It was right around the time the TABINOF/TATINOF explosion was happening that my interest in them truly peaked. I was obsessed with them. It died down a little, but then Interactive Introverts came out and I fell in love with them again, it was like I remembered why I loved them in the first place. So, what did I do? I went and got a tattoo of cat whiskers. I was so in love with them again. I'm not saying I'm not anymore and I'm not saying I regret my decision, but I miss the old Dan and Phil.

I've never really been a fan of the 'sponsored' videos - I never usually even bothered watching them because they didn't seem like genuine Dan and Phil. I've nearly forgotten them lately, actually. I only have YouTube notifications on for them, I don't have Twitter, and I rarely use social media, it's almost as if they've slipped my mind lately. Until Phil uploaded his video, but I have to admit, that was a little of a disappointment.

I too often forget that Dan and Phil are so wealthy. They must be insanely wealthy. So why do they keep putting out these sponsored videos? Why'd they have to split up their shops, but also have a joint shop? (They still have the one together, right?)

I hate to say it, but I'm disappointed in Phil. I'm nearly twenty years old, working so I can go to school later on - I just don't have the money to 'support' his channel every month. As was stated above, most of their audience is younger and they just don't have the income to support a recurring monthly payment to support a channel. I buy merch when something catches my eye, I support the stuff Dan does most of the time (like the mental health awareness and the Manchester bombing), I even spent hundreds of dollars to go see them twice. I don't feel like they really need that monthly support.

Especially with Dan, it's been months since he has last uploaded a video to his channel, I almost fear his channel is dying. Not of popularity or anything, but I feel like he's losing motivation.

This isn't to say I don't still love Dan and Phil - their old videos will always have my heart. They're timeless. They got me through high school, they brought me so much joy, and they still do. I just wish I could get that more these days. Especially if I were paying $5 a month.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I still love Dan and Phil, always will. I'm just a touch upset with them right now.
    giphy.gif
    Im also upset. Im upset about a lot of things these days. In and out of YouTube.

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Suuuuper late to this party. Just wanted to say, that I haven´t joined Phil`s sponsorship thingy and I certainly won´t do it in the future.
    It´s hard to guess Dan and Phil´s wealth - they sure have a lot of income with youtube and their shop, the books, games and stuff, but they also must have a lot of expenses (the tour must have been insanely expensive).

Anyway, I will buy their merch if I like it and if they ever do anything tour-like again, I will buy tickets. (I´m an adult with a full-time job, which means I have to work my behind off on a regular basis, but I get paid for it, so I can buy some t-shirts if I want to.)

But the sponsorship feature makes me uncomfortable. In a way it´s worse than patreon, because there you can start with a dollar or so a month, I think? I also don´t like the sponsored videos as a rule. Some of them are okay, if they like what they present, but if not, it´s kinda embarassing.

I still love them, they helped me through a lot of really not enjoyable times. But at the moment I don´t like where they are going.

(I recently binge-watched all of the Super Amazing Project videos with my sister, and it was... amazing! :) . Kinda miss them doing things like that).

Ah, well. Let´s see what they are up to in the future.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    I would buy merch or go see them on tour (possibly) if they ever did come here *cough* which they didn't.

But i won't give 5 euros/dollars to YouTube even if part of it goes to Dan And Phil.
    I'd rather buy merch and have something i want rather than pay and who knows what happens with that money ? And what do i get in return?

Can anyone fill me in with what's going on with Dan and Phil? I've noticed that it's been an entire year since Dan uploaded a real video, and all Phil's recent videos are just sponsored ads :( I'm really not in the 'phandom' as I don't really have time to maintain social media and such. I don't follow them on Twitter, either, let alone have Twitter for the same reason. Does anyone know what's going on? With either of them? And the gaming channel?

Or is this all coming to an end? :/
    giphy.gif
    I'm not sure, i suppose they're taking a break. Also I'm pretty sure Dan stated he prefered doing videos when he felt like it and prioritizing his mental health

• MewthMewMewthMew Posts: 275 Member
    PHAN HEAVEN YASSSSSSSSS
    MewthMew wrote: »
    PHAN HEAVEN YASSSSSSSSS

WELCOME. We are usually more active than this :(
    giphy.gif
    MewthMew wrote: »
    PHAN HEAVEN YASSSSSSSSS

Welcome !

Just randomly found this :joy:

me-as-a-parent-baby-cries-me-shushes-dont-cry-9902793.png
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Dan said there’s possibly a video in June!! We miss you, Spaniel!!

• Hatchet_Face_PrideHatchet_Face_Pride Posts: 2,096 Member
    I love Dan & Phil games but haven't watched in awhile- I think my favorite game series they did was My Horse Prince. XD
    rjsWAWi.jpg?1
    PUNCH ME IN THE FACE, ADRIAN HAS A YOUTUBE CHANNEL! (?!)

It looks to be completely different than Dan's and he hasn't posted in 2 months, but that's a complete 180°. Hopefully the Phandom can keep their fracking cool this time, oml 🙄
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    PUNCH ME IN THE FACE, ADRIAN HAS A YOUTUBE CHANNEL! (?!)

It looks to be completely different than Dan's and he hasn't posted in 2 months, but that's a complete 180°. Hopefully the Phandom can keep their fracking cool this time, oml 🙄
    Yeah, I heard about it six months ago. Looks like things are going well for him!

Hi everyone

Hi everyone
    Hey!!

So.. I’m assuming you all saw Dan’s new video? Honestly I’m so darn proud of him and couldn’t help but send him a dm afterward to tell him.

Wow, Dan's video ... So speechless, so proud of him

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    So, so proud of him. Wanted to hug him through the entire video, and punch all homophobic people really hard where it hurts.
    So glad, he survived. So glad, he found Phil.
    *dissolves into emotional puddle*
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.