Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking friendly advice on Celebrities

duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
So, the way this system is currently set up, my sim who wants to be a famous actress is losing celebrity faster than she can gain it. With auditions being 1-3 days before a gig, and at least a day before they go to the audition after a gig, by the time the gig pops up, she's already lost all the celebrity status she had before the gig.

So my question is, how do some of you keep celebrity status up between gigs? Its frustrating because I didn't want my sim to be a painter or a social media guru, I wanted her to be an actress. Even with performing scenes in public, it seems very very hard to gain celebrity status without dipping into other types of celebrity.

So I'm just curious how some of you do it. :)

**I'm heading to work now and won't be able to answer til morning. Thanks in advance for your suggestions, advice, insight, etc...**
Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.

Comments

• N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Would you mind having your sim sing in public or updating social media? That would help some. Make sure there area lot of sims around when you perform in public, invite a bunch of friends. Streaming with a drone while performing and interacting with the paparazzi helped me.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have my fame-seeking sims visit the Orchid-go-go in DSV quite often, where they partake in introducing themselves to every sim possible; I also have them perform in public whether it be a acting a scene, telling jokes or playing an instrument. I also have them update their “simstagram” on their phone constantly or wherever they visit.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Do they have a high level in some skills? Such as gardening they can blog on tips for gardening and it offers some fame points. Or sell some stuff, Iirc when my sim was selling plants it offered some fame point,not totally sure on that one though
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Have her stream in between gigs, it gains you fame and followers much faster than just posting pictures.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    A selfie a day can keep the fame decrease away~

In my earlier stages of celebrity status for a sim I tend to update their profile and such a few times in-between when doing the acting gig to keep the fame level stable.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    A selfie a day can keep the fame decrease away~

I forgot this is what I was doing😂 this does work though! Some of the other interactions on the phone help too
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2019
    Simstagram each day on the phone, that seems to do the trick.
  • StarflareStarflare Posts: 13 New Member
    For my Actor sim, he would always post pictures on simstagram, and would constantly update social media. I also held meet and greets about once a week. When you get the chance to donate money, I'd do that too. Doesn't hurt to try other things like writing a book or even singing since a lot of celebrities do more then one thing anyways.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Do streaming, or my fav one is doing DJ-ing (this one shot my sim to 5 star, I would say in about 2 real life hours).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    You could stream, maybe streaming while practicing acting in a mirror just to keep it connected. Or recording videos then using the video station. I do a kind of reality tv thing. Chronicling the life of an up and coming movie star.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm not the experienced one here, as I played only one actress mainly for testing. But her fame built rather quickly without the feeling of decease between gigs.

She updated social media daily, but I don't think that adds lot, especially not when fame level is a few stars. But she often did gold performance at gigs. Do your sim get gold? It adds more to fame. Also, I changed Agent once along the road, I think the better paid gigs also adds more fame. They require some more skills, but I think you can do well at a gig even if you lack some skills. Also, my sim mostly did the risky acting, tghis also builds fame faster, I think.

Between gigs, work on skills like acting, singing, charisma and fitness. Some gigs also require specific instrument skills or handiness etc. When practicing acting, do it in public, together with another actor friend, it shouldn't feel very off the acting profession.

I think befriending famous sims will help, too, just not sure how. It can be hard befriending anyone on a higher celebrity level, but occasionally it is possible. One way might be to challenge a celebrity for a karaoke duet, my sim did that once and I was surprised that a global star actually bothered to sing a duet with a nobody :) Relation will need to be worked on right away though, as the singing is not enough to establish a lasting relation.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Thank you all very very much. All the suggestions are awesome and I will try them out today when I get to play. "Awesome"s for everyone! <3
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    What everyone has said worked for me. I created a sim who was an actress and in between gigs I had her stream and post a video everyday. Once she had enough fame, I would go out to a hotspot and sign autographs and pose for the paparazzi. I also had her post to simstagram as well. Any interaction that had a star next to it, I would always choose to do as well. What I am having trouble with is the children of that family keeping fame. Between school, homework and since newly purchasing the parenting game pack, I have not been able to keep up with their fame.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I have a really great mod that stops celebs from losing their fame. It still gives you the notification that they're in danger of losing their celebrity status, but it never actually happens.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    So, the way this system is currently set up, my sim who wants to be a famous actress is losing celebrity faster than she can gain it. With auditions being 1-3 days before a gig, and at least a day before they go to the audition after a gig, by the time the gig pops up, she's already lost all the celebrity status she had before the gig.

So my question is, how do some of you keep celebrity status up between gigs? Its frustrating because I didn't want my sim to be a painter or a social media guru, I wanted her to be an actress. Even with performing scenes in public, it seems very very hard to gain celebrity status without dipping into other types of celebrity.

So I'm just curious how some of you do it. :)

**I'm heading to work now and won't be able to answer til morning. Thanks in advance for your suggestions, advice, insight, etc...**

1. Enable cheats
    2. hold the shift key then choose the option of public image and freeze frame as we did in Sims 3. That is how your sim does not loose fame.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Live-streaming your Sim as she goes out in public interacting with fans, et al, should also help. Like some have said make sure she has a social profile and update, update, update. It's all about being seen. And also what @drakharis said. But, I've only lost status on Sims that I never fully intended to have fame. Although just recently my 5-star got a notice he needed to get back out there. (He's been spending time in the studio, lately, cutting albums.) He's now got Five!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/