Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Wonderful caves, @Karababy52 and @AlJay. Congrats on the win! :)
    image.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations @Aljay. Well done! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2019
    @AlJay Beautiful build! Great job... and congratulations! Your sim was also well done and congrats on him! <3
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Congrats @AlJay
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Congrats to the expert winner, all entries, were lovely! <3
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare I had a lot of fun with this one :) and Thank you @Karababy52 , @SimTresa , @Allears , @SheriGR , and @chips46 :)
    Everyone was so creative on this one, great job everyone!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS116 The Safe House

☆ Fresh Tostadas ☆
    zzDpPNA.png
    Cottage in the woods looks like a cozy little house for Xenia to hide out in and feel safe, good job! I like the well in the front yard. Good idea putting the secret entrance in her bedroom. Clever idea to include a maze leading to the hidden lab. I like how you’ve covered all the windows, just the thing to help Xenia feel safe from prying eyes. She looks like she’s having so much fun with the microscope

Suggestions:
    I think a smaller lot would have suited the house better as it wouldn’t look so empty with the trees and plants closer together. Also, a couple of your screenshots were so dark it was hard to see details. The corner of the living room between the bookshelf and picture in particular could have used another light. The house seems very sparsely decorated, which could have been fixed with a few more small items scattered around.

☆ DESIGNASIM ☆
    eKbhAIE.png
    Sleepy Desert Bungalow looks very nice and as if it belongs right where it is. It looks homey and comfortable. I think the lot’s isolation makes up for the lack of trees and bushes. I love the front porch. Good idea to include a storage room, seems very appropriate. I love that you included a fake lab in front of the real one. Wonderful idea to include a kitchen, toilet and bed in the real lab. I like your explanation of the kitchen being the result of an old reno. About that glitch, did you delete a blooming plant? That’s the only time I’ve ever seen it happen, and I just had my sims eat the fruit until it was gone.

Suggestions:
    A smaller living area and moving the wall behind the stairs one square closer would have made both areas look more decorated with the same amount of items. Though I appreciate the effort you put into creating a desert environment, it wasn’t necessary.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @FreshTostadas Tostadas

Ml8S0ZS.png

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@DESIGNASIM
    SJNcdbU.png
    Again, it was a wonderful idea to include both a fake and real lab. The various storage options are so realistic.I like your choice of decor, especially those desks. It makes perfect sense to have the fire sprinklers in the basement. It’s nice that Xenia has not only a kitchen and dining table but a bowl of fruit to snack on down there. with her. The fan will definitely help with air circulation. Note; I find that the dangling lights look nicer and more realistic combined with the fan than the subtle saucer light.

And the winner is… @Designasim
    iz8x7YN.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Congrats to the win @FreshTostadas! Cute house :)
    and congrats to winning the room @Designasim!
    Congrats @FreshTostadas on winning for your home! Great job! Congratulations to @Designasim , also, for the win on your room! :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    Congrats on the win for your home @FreshTostadas :) and Congrats @Designasim for the win on your room :)
    Congrats to the winners, everyone's entries were lovely! <3
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS 116 - Safe House

@meowcatmeowkitty
    sNGnck4.png
    The first thing I noticed about Indistinct Shingles is the lovely roof work. Excellent job on the roofing despite the layout of the house. Xenia expresses joy at how you’ve managed to fence off the whole perimeter of the house with hedges and fences; it makes her feel more secure. It was very thoughtful to put the little gardening boxes as well as toys for her dog to play with. Great job on using terrain paint to outline the path into the house and the obstacle course for her dog. It was a good idea to put a garage; perfect place to conceal a getaway vehicle.

The interiors of the home itself feel warm and inviting thanks to the well-placed lighting. The colors that you used complement well with each other. The little library is an interesting addition; good job concealing that little room with Xenia’s supplies. I like the thought you put into the layout of the home; it would prevent Xenia from getting cornered, which would give her time to elude her pursuers. Placing the entrance to the lab under a secret slab on the patio is a clever idea. Xenia’s robotics lab is definitely a great place for her to perform her experiments and tests. Overall, you’ve done a wonderful job with this home that blends in well with its environment.

Suggestions:
    I think that a thinner choice of columns out front would look better on the house. Extending the roof to cover the top part of the thick columns might help. Using terrain paint can also work wonders for your build. Try using shades of brown under the hedges and the perimeter of the house’s foundation to give your build more depth. As for the interiors, the TV nook looks a bit bare compared to the rest of the house. Perhaps a rug or a comfier-looking sofa could make Xenia feel more at home.

@Allears
    hNGzzcH.png
    Cottage with a Secret is definitely a cozy little home that blends in well with its environment. The landscaping is gorgeous, and it really has an outdoors feel. Great job adding security cameras around the home; it makes Xenia feel safe. I like how you managed to fence the perimeter of the home with natural objects like trees and shrubs. This makes her home look like a quaint, unassuming forest cabin.
    The interiors of the home also look wonderful. The use of beige and other earthy colors really goes well with the splashes of yellow around the home. I like how the home has a bit of clutter here and there without making it look too messy. I think the best rooms in this part of the house are the bathroom and the bedroom. The colors in these rooms work so well together that it could win a room design contest. Wonderful job! Using the secret bookcase door to conceal the stairway to Xenia’s lab was clever. The lab looks clean and secure because of the white interior and the big security door. I think that it’s thoughtful to put a sink in the lab, given the nature of her experiments. It seems like a lab that has everything that Xenia needs!

Suggestions:
    I think there’s too much space when you enter through the front door. Perhaps adding a divider with a console table might help create a foyer of sorts. A small, round table with a centerpiece and a rug might also work there. As for Xenia’s lab, the large security door seems too big for a lab of that size. A smaller door might have worked better in this case.

@SheriGR
    alOiqpf.jpg
    There’s definitely nothing suspicious going on at the Strange Safe House & Lab. The lawn outside looks wonderful, plenty of space for Xenia’s “alert” dog to play around. I find it clever that you fenced the perimeter of the house with a combination of fences and boulders; that should prevent nosy people from getting in. The hill where Xenia can do a bit of gardening is my favorite part about this lot; very clever idea! The landscaping of the outdoor plants around the lot was also well-placed.

You picked a wonderful color scheme for the interior of Xenia’s home. The shades of red, beige, and pink complement each other well. I like the clever floor patterns you made for the dining area. It’s great that the house also has many paintings that go well with the furniture. Your choice of curtains also helps Xenia feel more secure in her home. Putting the entrance to Xenia’s lab in the bedroom is a wonderful idea. The lab in the basement is huge! Perfect for placing those huge machines so that Xenia can perform experiments. I like the clutter that you left around the lab, to make it seem as if Xenia has been there often. Great job, overall!

Suggestions:
    Xenia’s bedroom looks a bit bland compared to the rest of the other rooms in the house. Perhaps adding an accent wall might help, like what you did in the other rooms. The lab could also use a variety of flooring and wall textures; adding metal flooring and wall panelings might help make it look more realistic.

@lionpaws
    XOqBuDf.jpg
    I like the bunker concept that you had for Xenia’s Hideaway. It looks safe, secure, and able to withstand an apocalypse. A perfect hideaway for people who might think that doomsday is coming. It’s great that the home is able to blend in well with its environment. The stone facade does not make it stand out, and the flat roof makes it inconspicuous. Great job on using terrain paint to give the build more depth.

It was clever of you to create a layout that can screen and confuse intruders at the same time. The double walls help insulate the home, and the extra walling definitely helps prevent unnerving sounds. The open-plan kitchen and living areas have great neutral tones. I like how you placed that one-way window over a sink so that Xenia could screen visitors. It was also very clever of you to create skylights for the living room. This helps compensate for the build’s lack of windows. The lab is also well-hidden; adding another door makes it more secure, and it’s great that you were able to fit in bigger equipment despite the limited space.

Suggestions:
    Some parts of the home, especially the open-plan kitchen and living area could use a few paintings or wall decorations. Maybe cutting down on unnecessary walls could have stretched the budget for more decor. Putting all of that equipment in the lab seems great, but big items in a small space could make the room look more cramped than it’s supposed to be. Perhaps expanding the lab’s size a bit more could help.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    akcXOEb.jpg
    Not a Secret Science Lab is a cozy little Tudor home! I like how you were able to blend the terrain paint around the house to give the build more depth. Excellent work! The Tudor-style home blends in well with the other houses in Windenburg. Placing the home in a lot with a fence surrounding it was a clever idea.

The house has cozy interiors. Anyone would feel at home when they enter it. The house has enough clutter to make it feel as if Xenia has lived there for a while. It was thoughtful of you to add all kinds of items for Xenia to use in her home so that she would not get bored. The best part about this home is probably the lab in the basement. It’s dark and dingy, which is perfect for performing experiments while remaining unseen. I like all the little details that make the lab look grimy. In short, this is a cozy home with a dirty little secret.

Suggestions:
    I think that the use of the whole lot was not maximized because of the open space around the house. Maybe a few trees or some outdoor fixtures would help. As for the secret bookcase door, I think that a wooden one might have worked better to fit in with the Tudor style of the home. Xenia might also prefer it if she saw more security features around the lot, like fences, hidden cameras, and a bit more shrubbery.

@SimTresa
    D2qCP74.png
    Desert Haven is a wonderful home! I like how you created some curb appeal with the roofing of the house. Great job! The trees around the lot help conceal the home well. I like how you were able to make use of terrain paint to give your build more depth. You also did a wonderful job with the landscaping of your build.

I like how you were able to make the interior look bigger by adding a high ceiling. It’s a clever idea! Good job with brightening up the space with light colors. The little alcove next to the secret entrance is well-decorated. It was also great that you were able to fit Xenia’s desk under the stairs. The science lab in the basement looks interesting with all the big equipment in it. Great use of clutter to make it look like Xenia has been performing experiments recently.

Suggestions:
    There was a part of the home that was left as drywall.
    DkR3lu5.png
    Extending the ceiling under that roofing might be able to help conceal it if it cannot be painted over. The bedroom looks a bit dark compared to the bright areas around the rest of the home. Perhaps using a neutral shade like white would help brighten up the bedroom. Also, I think that more could have been done with the leftover space where the walk-in closet was placed. Putting an ensuite in that space and a lavatory on the ground floor seems like a more practical move.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is... @SheriGR
    2nd Place goes to... @lionpaws
    Honorable Mention for Most Interesting Science Lab goes to: @PINKUSFAMILY

2RW8VVh.png

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@chips46
    AOtO0I0.png
    Secret Science Lab looks great! It reminds me of those labs created by clandestine mad scientists. I love how you were able to add some clutter around the lab and recolor the lights to give it a more shady feel. The best part about this lab is the big machine in one corner which seems to be aimed at something. In short, this is a well thought out lab. Excellent work!

@iampes23
    jgx0j1A.png
    X’s Science Lab is a great basement lab. It’s well-lit enough for performing experiments, and the tile flooring helps keep Xenia’s work area clean. The lab seems to have all the proper equipment for Xenia to start working on her experiments. Wonderful job!

And the winner is… @chips46

x6SNEmT.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@iampes23
    D4kR6hJ.png
    Your version of Xenia gives me the impression that she is a villain on the run, which is a great thing! She looks like the type of person who covers her tracks while being pursued. Wonderful job designing her look!

@SimTresa
    Y8Y07TR.png
    Wonderful job on creating Xenia. She seems to give off an eccentric vibe, which suits what she normally wears. No one would definitely suspect her in a quiet town.

@SheriGR
    9VCP0nc.jpg
    Xenia looks like the inquisitive type who will stop at nothing to solve mysteries! I like how you were able to give her a red outfit for both for her and her home. Great job depicting what she does in her everyday life.

@lionpaws
    AXKx4jd.jpg
    I like how you showcased Xenia wearing various outfits. Great job taking pictures of what she does wearing different outfits! She seems like the quiet but eccentric type.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    KHIYieJ.png
    Your version of Xenia is spot-on! It was thoughtful of you to include various pictures of her daily life as well as capturing her expressions when doing activities quite well. She’s definitely a paranoid sim!
    And the winner is… @PINKUSFAMILY
    nMT0wPZ.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats to the winners! :)
    image.png
  • DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you for your kind words and the feed back on both my builds. :) For the glitch I did delete three blooming trees but I have two glitches from them.
  • DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    Thank you! @chips46 @SheriGR and @mannanna :)
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    Wow! Second, I didn't expect that. Thank you.
    Congrats @SheriGR ,@chips46 and @Pinkusfamily :)
    and thumbs up to all contestants, keep up the good work.
    Congrats to the winners of this category, all the entries were lovely! <3
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations to @FreshTostadas, @Designasim, @SheriGR, @Lionpaws, @Chips46, and @Pinkusfamily! Well done everyone! <3
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    edited April 2019
    Thank you all so much @BuildnShare for the your feedback & comments, for your hard work on judging - and just for everything! I am so, so excited and grateful!! <3

Congratulations @lionpaws @chips46 and @Pinkusfamily on your wonderful work! So many nice builds and great households... this was such a cool challenge and it was fun to see how creative everyone is! <3

Thank you, @13Vader @Allears @lionpaws @BreeMiles @chips46 @Pinkusfamily @pronterus! <3
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    Congrats to all the winners, great entries! :)<3
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations to the winners !

Congratulations to everyone involved ! I enjoyed seeing all the wonderful homes & their secret labs..Oh and the Sims all so different and creative..

Thank you everyone for the good wishes & thank you @BuildnShare , for your suggestions and feedback..

Again I feel so honored to be among such creative people !

Diane Pinkus
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Congrats to all the winners and contestants! There were so many interesting entries in this round!
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results for #BnS116 - Safe House

@13Vader
    gZtfyjx.png
    I4OxUZW.png

SECR3T 2-D'0R L4B is a fantastic name for such an awesome build. This Tudor style cottage is set in the perfect spot, totally secluded and unassuming. Wonderful choice of trees around the house which blend in beautifully with the countryside as does the natural planting of wildflowers and shrubs. The house itself has a great roof structure and a fabulous combination of exterior wall finishes. The stained glass windows and postbox at the front provide pops of colour which bring life to the façade. The camera above the front door is a great idea. The interior design works well and the open plan living areas provide a lovely sense of space. The subtle muted colour scheme of the décor and furnishings makes the home feel very lived in and comfortable and the fire will be very cosy when lit. Your attention to detail is amazing, I love the moo'd objects you have created and there is just the right amount of clutter with the addition of debug items. Excellent idea to use a bookcase in the bedroom to disguise the entrance to the secret basement. Wow, what a fantastic lab, there are so many experiments going on here and so much to see, it's perfect. Thank you for presenting your work in such an interesting narrative style, this was great fun to read and had me enthralled from start to finish!

Suggestions: My only suggestion would be to blend the terrain paint in with the surrounding area, ie gradually 'fade' it to match the nearby terrain. Also, painting a thin line of 'brown earth' around the base of the foundation gives an even more natural look to a house in my opinion.

Sim Challenge: Awesome work with Xenia, you have portrayed her wonderfully as a mad scientist. The aspiration and traits you have given her are spot on and I love how you've shown these in your slideshow. She certainly is paranoid thinking everyone is watching her, imagining voices and not trusting anyone! Perfect wardrobe of clothes for this private eccentric and the hats and glasses provide great disguise. It was wonderful to see her enjoying her new home and hosting a meeting there, she looks very comfortable in her environment.

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of this Challenge is .... @13Vader
    mUUmw9e.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is .... @13Vader
    mUUmw9e.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @13Vader on your win for lot and sim! Awesome work! <3
    Sims 4 Gallery

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top