Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Limit FPS

I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card. I changed the Vertical sync to "on" in the NVIDIA control panel (adaptive was not an option). I've turned off the game bar and disabled fullscreen optimizations. I'm still getting 300-500 FPS. Is NVIDIA Inspector my only option now? Just seems like there should be a way to fix this without downloading and installing an outside program.

Comments

• Options
    MJJB99MJJB99 Posts: 19 Member
    Well, better yet, I can't even get NVIDIA inspector to do anything about it. I've tried following instructions I found elsewhere on the site but nothing is working
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sometimes it takes several outside programs.

Nvidia Control Panel - Have you set up a profile for the correct executable? That would be TS3.exe (for Patch 1.69/Origin) or TS3w.exe (with the "w" for Patch 1.67/everything else). It's not unusual for the Control Panel alone to not lock things in, though.

Inspector - Have you explicitly set the Frame Rate Limit in I think it's Section 2 of the options to 60 or whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is (some can run higher)? And have you rebooted your computer since installing it?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MJJB99MJJB99 Posts: 19 Member
    I got it to work. All the directions I read for inspector said to turn the v-sync setting to force on but didn't say anything about changing the frame rate limit. I changed that and it's working now. Thanks!