Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bob Evans

VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
edited April 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hey everyone, I created a Bob Evans Restaurant for Sims 4. Anyone from the Midwestern US is probably familiar with the restaurant. It is a country style restaurant famous for breakfast foods, especially sausage, and classic American style dinners. Based in Ohio, it has roots in the Midwest. I happened to work for Bob Evans for almost 7 years, and it will always have a special place in my heart. This particular design is a little bit rare these days. We called them "Center Entrance" stores and they probably stopped building them this way in the mid 1980s. A lot of them near me still survive, and I did work in one for awhile. They were generally a little bit 'grungier' than the more modern style versions of the restaurant, but I think they have more character, and are a more interesting design. Around 2010, all of the old and new restaurants underwent remodels. My build is a blend of old and new styles...before and after remodeling. The outside is fresher with the newer paint scheme, while the inside still has some country charm. I may do a version that is all 'old' as it might be kind of fun. The uniform is actually accurate to the post-remodel uniform. I did play test it and it seemed to work great. I really hope you all like it.

(Edit: I realized I misaligned the windows on the one side, I need to go in and fix that...or you can when you DL from the gallery :) )

fwu3E92.jpg
dCJ1PFS.png
8TBsxCH.jpg
mH24jHZ.png
XeOuVye.jpg
VupkfCh.jpg
GMeXrLK.jpg
jXWhjX5.jpg
Wh9rerL.png
E00SGDH.jpg
Yfoe01h.jpg
qlYfrR2.png
DtL3jlx.png
WGcqNnW.jpg
9G5mRCG.png
WU0PXJs.jpg
EypY3H5.jpg
8nLROH9.png
7He4osW.png?1
Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The Bob Evans Restaurant is lovely! :) You have reflected it so very well in sims gameform! It exterior looks just like the inspiration picture! Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior! The brown colour scheme is very nice, and it looks very nice the way the dining tables and chairs have been set up near the windows for Sims to enjoy sitting and eating their meals in the sunlight . Very nice booth seating also ! The breakfast meal food pictures are a special touch on the wall area either sides of the front door. The floral wreath and plant wall decor are very nice touches on the walls. Very nice stools counter for Sims would like to dine at a counter. Very nice design of the kitchen area! The chequered wall pattern is very nice.
    It is a very nice restaurant ! :)
  • VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for your kind words!
    7He4osW.png?1
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I grew up in Ohio, loved Bob Evans. I don't see your pic though? Did you remove it?
    @FairyGodMother I’m still seeing them, there’s a bunch of pics. Or you can find on the gallery, my ID is Vanderhoot13. I actually made some improvements to it and i may reupload.
    7He4osW.png?1
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I see the pics now. I downloaded your "Bob Evans" the other day. I love it! It is huge and I love that it is so big and roomy at the same time.

You did a great job on this build <3
    @FairyGodMother thank you! I am always too quick to upload. I made some changes to it and made it even better. I may reupload it yet, but now I’ve added some cc and I’d have to do a version and take it all out. I fixed some of the bugs with the tables as well. I’ll post here if i reupload it!
    7He4osW.png?1