Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod for checking weather?

I did a bit of searching on here to see if it was possible to check the weather in other worlds before you travel there, and it doesn't seem like you can. So is there a mod at this point that allows you to see this?

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    No idea but it sure would be nice to be able to do it !
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    @Dianesims right? I'm hoping someone can direct me to a mod that allows you to do this.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2019
    Edit: Nvrmnd the mod I was going to suggest is broken and needs updated

Update: I did find some cheats (you need a mod to use them) but have not verified it yet...I'm going to have to check this out for adjusting weather for public lot purposes...I guess this can be used until there is something better:

There is a cheat mod that will make these cheats work. You must have the mod first. (I double checked) Mod found here:https://patreon.com/posts/cheat-fix-for-22697405

testingcheats on (of course)

weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_cool - Makes the weather Sunny and Cool (replace cool with cold if you like)
    weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_warm - Makes the weather Sunny and Warm (replace warm with hot if you like)
    weather.start_weather_event weather_cloudy_cool - Makes the weather Cloudy and Cool (replace cool with cold if you like)
    weather.start_weather_event weather_cloudy_warm - Makes the weather Cloudy and Warm (replace warm with hot if you like)
    weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_freezing - Makes the weather Sunny but dangerously cold
    weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_burning - Makes the weather Sunny and dangerously hot
    weather.start_weather_event weather_heatwave - Makes a heatwave (dangerously hot)
    weather.start_weather_event weather_rain_light_cool - Makes the weather a light rain and cool (replace cool with warm or cold)
    weather.start_weather_event weather_rain_storm_cold - Makes a thunderstorm (replace cold with warm if you like)
    weather.start_weather_event weather_rain_heavy_warm - Makes the weather heavy rain and warm (replace with cool or cold if you like)
    weather.start_weather_event weather_snow_light_freezing - Makes the weather snowy but really cold
    weather.start_weather_event weather_snow_heavy_freezing - Makes the weather heavy snow and cold
    weather.start_weather_event weather_sunshower_hot - Sunshowers
    weather.start_weather_event weather_snow_thundersnow - Thundersnow!

Update: Just verified that the cheats work with the mod. Just made it snow in Strangerville in summer, so yup, definitely works.
    Post edited by MLadyAzzera on
  • TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    Tbh, I'd honestly just like something like in TS3 where you could check the computer or TV and get a full weekly forecast (even a daily one with hourly or time of day forecasts would be useful), but I don't know if the weather functions in a way that makes that possible or not (i.e. does the game know it's going to rain on Tuesday or does it decide that on Tuesday?) It'd just be really nice to know in advance when the best day for doing outdoor things is or if the storm is going to die down in a couple hours so sim can go weed the garden without running inside every other minute or getting struck by lightning.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2019
    Tbh, I'd honestly just like something like in TS3 where you could check the computer or TV and get a full weekly forecast (even a daily one with hourly or time of day forecasts would be useful), but I don't know if the weather functions in a way that makes that possible or not (i.e. does the game know it's going to rain on Tuesday or does it decide that on Tuesday?) It'd just be really nice to know in advance when the best day for doing outdoor things is or if the storm is going to die down in a couple hours so sim can go weed the garden without running inside every other minute or getting struck by lightning.

There is sort of a way. It doesn't tell you how long during the day, but it does show daily weather. You can see the little weather icon on the top left of each day to see what the weather will be like in the neighborhood your household lives in. It only tells you one week ahead of time. Unfortunately you can't check for other neighborhoods, which makes life frustrating.
    sRS5Vmwh.png