Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update: Island Living EP, Realm of Magic GP and Moschino SP coming in next 6 months

rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
Update Time! We now know the names of all three packs including some features. Island Living now has a trailer out and we know most about it, so here's a brief summary:

Island Living Expansion
•Due June 21st!
•Embargo lifts on June 11th for game changers
•New liveable world of Sulani (Polynesian inspired) with 10-12 lots ( size via sims vip)
•Mermaids
•Open ocean swimming
•New careers: lifeguard, diving instructor, conservationist, fisherman
•Off the grid and oceanic paradise lot traits
•Child of the ocean and child of the island sim traits
•Many, many other new features!
Island-Living-2.jpg

Now, here is the information about the two other packs we know so far:

Realm of Magic Game Pack
•Due this autumn
•The below image has been taken from the fan made Henry Puffer stuff pack! It'a amazing, check it out here: https://mlyssimblr.tumblr.com/post/184271189880/pufferhead
tumblr_ppvbmd2hdA1ukdpogo3_r1_1280.png

Moschino Stuff Pack:
•Comes with a new career called 'Fashion Photographer'
•Due later this summer
ts4-moschino-hoodie-02-002.png.adapt_.crop16x9.1455w.png

Which pack are you most excited about? What do you hope to see in the upcoming game and stuff pack?
Post edited by rinre33 on

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    University, Witches and... honestly I'm lost on what the SP could be.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    University, Witches and... honestly I'm lost on what the SP could be.

I would love witches, but I think they would come later in the year if we get them, or at the start of next year like Vampires did.
    edited April 2019
    we're getting really cool new laptops and a new drawing tablet! I'm so happy
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Witches/University and Baby stuff (with a baby overhaul pre patch). Thank you.

I know, it is totally unrealistic that this will happen because we know what we are dealing with by now.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    If it's not werewolves and witches and fairies, free babies and more stuff for teens or elders, more hobbies e.g. knitting and embroidery, a romance or beach vacation pack, then I'm not interested. Just kidding, kinda... honestly who knows after Strangerville? University would be so boring and predictable, at least for me, but I'll try to keep an open mind about it. I'm just excited we're finally getting something new (also, yay for bug fixes and laptops). :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope it's University, Tropical GP. The next 6 months are til October so we might get a second EP this year!
    Lu4ERme.gif
    If it's not werewolves and witches and fairies, free babies and more stuff for teens or elders, more hobbies e.g. knitting and embroidery, a romance or beach vacation pack, then I'm not interested. Just kidding, kinda... honestly who knows after Strangerville? University would be so boring and predictable, at least for me, but I'll try to keep an open mind about it. I'm just excited we're finally getting something new (also, yay for bug fixes). :)

Maybe they would do a more general 'education expansion'? That would be a great way to introduce more activities for kids and teens alongside young adults, and I'm sure with uni we would get plenty of new activities too. I also really hope that knitting and embroidery get introduced at some point, it would be great if they worked like paintings where we could put the finished product on our walls as decoration! Hopefully they will release more info about the upcoming packs soon, in the meantime I'm super happy about this update
  • SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    edited April 2019
    That's right, sim guru graham just announced on maxis monthly that this is what we should be expecting within the next 6 months on the sims. Blogs should be posted soon.

I CAN'T WAIT !!!

edited*
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited April 2019
    The EP is obviously gonna be university and GP is obviously witches. That means 3 out of 4 packs this year will once again be focusing on young adults. As such the SP better be something family related. A baby SP following a baby update would be much appreciated, but I have my doubts. A pack that give stuff to all age groups minus the adults would be cool too, but I doubt they'd do that as well.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Just a correction, it was Sim Guru Graham, not Grant. :)

But YAY!! I'm excited to find out what it is! Hoping for Witches!
    #Team Occult
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    This isn't saying too much honestly and is actually a disappointment. I was hoping we'd get 2 full expansions this year. I hope the trailer drops for the new expansion pack soon however. I really hope it's what is coming out in June.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I'm just more and more inclined to believe that University is the next EP. Laptops being added to the base game, and this freelancer thing gives me University vibes too, it's the perfect way to earn money for Uni sims.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The EP is obviously gonna be university and GP is obviously witches. That means 3 out of 4 packs this year will once again be focusing on young adults. As such the SP better be something family related. A baby SP following a baby update would be much appreciated, but I have my doubts. A pack that give stuff to all age groups minus the adults would be cool too, but I doubt they'd do that as well.

None of that is obvious to me.
    edited April 2019
    I'm terrible at guru names, lol
    LiELF wrote: »
    Just a correction, it was Sim Guru Graham, not Grant. :)

But YAY!! I'm excited to find out what it is! Hoping for Witches!

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The EP is obviously gonna be university and GP is obviously witches.

There’s nothing obvious about it. There are so, so many themes they could do besides university and witches.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    alan650111 wrote: »
    This isn't saying too much honestly and is actually a disappointment. I was hoping we'd get 2 full expansions this year. I hope the trailer drops for the new expansion pack soon however. I really hope it's what is coming out in June.

This is just what's coming in the next six months, not the whole year. ;)
    #Team Occult
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Maybe they would do a more general 'education expansion'? That would be a great way to introduce more activities for kids and teens alongside young adults, and I'm sure with uni we would get plenty of new activities too. I also really hope that knitting and embroidery get introduced at some point, it would be great if they worked like paintings where we could put the finished product on our walls as decoration! Hopefully they will release more info about the upcoming packs soon, in the meantime I'm super happy about this update

Yes, I hope you're right. I'm not particularly excited about University (I think being a student in real life kind of killed the fun of simulating the experience for me lol), but I know a lot of simmers are and I'm sure there will things I can enjoy about it. More stuff/activities for teens and elders would be welcome, and an open university option would suit my family perfectly. Also if it brings more careers like teaching and more 'practical' course options as well as academic ones then I will be very happy. I'm also stupid happy about the update. It sounds like they're really spoiling us this time! :)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    EP gonna be uni, GP gonna be witches. SP better be family based or I'll riot.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hoping for University or Makin' Magic EP and perhaps a Love GP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

6 months covers the remainder of the year basically.
    I want university so much, i've started to play sims 3 again just so i can go to university
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

We can have an EP in June and another one in November! ;)

I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

Six months covers through September. We do usually get an Expansion in November - last year we got one in June, one in November. I'm hoping it's the same this year and that one of the Expansions is Magic and Spellcasting because I want more than Witches.
    #Team Occult
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I am hoping for University, and I believe an occult pack will come (not sure, but probably witches), and not sure about the other pack :)