Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @Daephene .

That's a really good idea
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited April 2019
    I didn’t know that fireworks could backfire on your Sim -I use them so seldom.
    Created a Guy Fawkes holiday for one Sim and took him to light some fireworks.
    One firework sort of fizzled without going off (making them make disappointed sounding noises)
    The next one backfired. Both my active Sim and his landlord/guest came up black/sooty. They shook their heads in a daze.
    It actually shocked me a little -because I was pretty close in with the camera to take screenshots at the time.

Also, when my Sim went up to the apartment to shower after this mishap; he walked in on the landlord in his shower trying to clean up too.
  • RavioliWusGoodRavioliWusGood Posts: 19 Member
    I learned that you can actually play as a mannequin! pretty creepy too.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member

How???
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @SeaDragonSong Random question, but is the guy with glasses in your signature the sim in your profile picture all grown up?
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @SeaDragonSong Random question, but is the guy with glasses in your signature the sim in your profile picture all grown up?

Not exactly! It's actually his future son! :) But they are related and since he was in CAS, he technically doesn't have his "mother's" DNA. He's almost a clone of his father lol
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • jripliejriplie Posts: 31 Member
    I learned that if you place a restaurant in a vacation town you can go there without having to be on a vacation.
  • shoosha_4realshoosha_4real Posts: 17 Member
    > @Sharonia said:
    > I just learned that apartment life is kinda gross with mice, roaches and leaking pipes.

omg....ewww.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    If you use the design tool on a puddle (how you change swatches) you can change the shapes of the puddles.

One of them is actually in the shape of a duck. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

How???

I just looked it up, you need a mod.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I just learned that Private Dwelling lot perk keeps Paparazzi and fans away.
    Seems logical in hindsight.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I just learned that Private Dwelling lot perk keeps Paparazzi and fans away.
    Seems logical in hindsight.

This is good to know. I think I will edit my celebrity sims homes to have this trait.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2019
    I didn't know that you can also use a bar to make instant drinks without mixing them. It makes sense for things like EAPA which is basically a beer.
    Post edited by Bearpal64 on
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    It's minor but I didn't know if you moved the roomba while it's cleaning in build mode back in live mode it will finish cleaning where you drop it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    Minor but I thought it was super cute:
    If you're celebrating new years eve with a toddler (My Sims Husband an Their daughter was the only one home) the toddler will hug the adult instead of kissing to celebrate the new year, my heart melted
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
    edited April 2019
    (A bug obviously but super hilarious at the same time xD) I didn't know pets could win the lottery

Check out @DizzyDee_K’s Tweet:
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    (A bug obviously but super hilarious at the same time xD) I didn't know pets could win the lottery

Check out @DizzyDee_K’s Tweet:

This reminds me of when MCCC lead to the Roswells adopting Mayor Whiskers! It was so fitting!
    Did you know that still as of the newest updates (January 2019 patch for Console) the GTW Active Careers still have "Ideal Emotion" for careers.
    I didn't know you could invite pets over using the phone ^_^

Check out @gummybearcubPS4’s Tweet:
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I learned recently that if you turn the earbuds in your sim's inventory on it will increase their fun even if they're not directly interacting with it via actively listening to or dancing to it. It doesn't increase fun as fast as directly listening to it but it does increase it. As far as I'm aware of regular stereos do not do not have this feature if they're are just turned on in a room with a sim who is not listening to it.

At any rate this has been a lifesaver in one of my poorer sim households where they haven't been able to afford a TV or computer yet and mom is too busy to read books to increase fun.
    ~ ~ ~
  • RagnvaldRagnvald Posts: 45 Member
    to add to what @3KNPen says, if you turn on the earbuds before going to school/work it will continue to increase the fun (or keep it topped off) until they return home .. making it easier to increase work performance
    "When i became a man i put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I didn't know opening seed packets counted as collectibles for the Collectible aspiration.
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    You can drink two drinks at once!

jKlZLV3.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Also with the ear buds... if your Sims are in a club or group together, and one of them is listening to the earbuds, somehow all of them hear it and have their fun raised. You'll see the little music notes floating around besides all their heads even though the other ones don't have earbuds

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top