Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Made You Happy Today?

Comments

• Tumelonc123Tumelonc123 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Lil bro graduated today and I couldn't be more proud!!!
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited April 2019
    Finding out one of my coworkers is coming back to work again. Very soon. That means he can take over the job I usually do because he likes it and is better at it. And my stress levels can go down. Because I really need to do something about that. So win-win.

And just some more work stuff that I won't go into detail on. But just lots is changing right now and I think for the better. I might even put more serious thought into going after that promotion if it's still up for grabs when the dust settles. I think my odds of getting it will go up and it might be less stressful if I do get it.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • jamie_pauly9682jamie_pauly9682 Posts: 134 Member
    Substituting for my nephew's third grade class today.
    Weird Al added a 2nd show to his stop in my city in August.

I'm not even joking I'm getting up for ticket release on Friday (or staying up IDK) I missed his show last year and procrastinated on tickets for this year until only the like 400 dollar tickets were left. I procrastinated because of money so that ruled the original show right out. Money is no better now (is worse even) but whatever. I'm going, gotta have fun sometimes. I've seen him once before and it is completely worth it.

Really excited for this 2nd chance.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    Meeting up with an old friend for tea and cake and a much needed catch up.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    This is really for yesterday, the 10th, since it's after midnight now. Oh well... I watched my precious little 3 1/2 month old Granddaughter and my adorably charming 16 month old Grandson with my youngest daughter so my Son could go out to dinner with his wife to celebrate his 30th birthday! Had so much fun playing with my Grandson and about melted on the spot when my Granddaughter fell asleep snuggling in my arms. <3

I thought getting older would be the pits, but it does have some lovely perks! :) #SoBlessed
    It's the first day off on a 4 day weekend!!!

I'm so excited. I really need just a whole dang vacation but I just can't ever seem to get away with taking one. But a couple weeks of a weird schedule, combined with switching back to my normal schedule and days off, combined with working the stat on good friday (I get a day off in exchange), and I get a nice 4 day weekend that doesn't cost me any pay :mrgreen:. So I'm super happy right now, finally getting a bit of the break I so desperately need.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Never heard of it. But, what made me happy today, is that I learned that there's a thread to make other people happy.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited April 2019
    When I was leaning over toweling off after a shower, my sweet kitty, Squiffy, jumped up on the bathroom counter and rubbed his face on my cheek, my nose, my hair and gave my ear a little love n.i.p. lol (why was that censored? o.O Sheesh) Sometimes it's simple moments like that can make you smile. :)
  • miyaxxmiyaxx Posts: 8 New Member
    Listening to Seether for sure!
  • ThatssjustmeThatssjustme Posts: 16 Member
    Food made me happy today
  • silverdustsilverdust Posts: 34 Member
    I volunteered for a company that builds houses for children with terminal illnesses to enjoy their last days with their parents. It has a little water park, ice cream and food trucks, it's a company I very much support. I'm in the Dawn Brancheau foundation, and we helped them build and decorate and set up houses for new arrivals today.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I bought my Avengers Endgame tickets today! Super excited! :p
    Got to go out birding with my mom and my camera. Not really much happening today, but it was fun anyway. And I bought myself a caligraphy kit with a couple dip pens that I've wanted for a while.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Making slow but steady progress with my Chinese and Norwegian studies.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • UnicornzUnicornz Posts: 226 Member
    When I got The Sims 4 Strangerville.
    Our county's annual Electronics Recycling collection was today. Yesterday Hubby and I loaded our Suburban to the brim with a variety of electronics. When we arrived, there was a line of cars/trucks, some with overloaded trailers that snaked around three city blocks. :o

We decided to get some breakfast and come back later in hopes the line would be smaller. Neither of us relished the idea of waiting in line for hours. We both also had aching muscles and the thought of taking all that stuff back home to store for another year was depressing.

Hubby drove across town to McDonald's to discover it was closed for remodeling which made him hangry. I had suggested a Burger King only a block away from the recycling center, but he'd nixed it not knowing their menu. He decided to try it though at my advice. I love their Croissan'wiches and Cini Minis!

He raved about the Croissan'wich I bought for him and declared it his new favorite, better than Mcmuffins and says he'll never eat breakfast at McDonald's again! lol I knew he'd love it! ;)

Thankfully, the line was much smaller when we went back. Plus, recycling workers unloaded everything for us. Yay! \o/ What we thought was going to be a bust of a morning, had a happy ending. <3
  • VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    Called my best friend, who lives in another country. Hearing her voice again made me happy.
    Going to the auto show with my dad.

We try to go together every year literally since I was like 4 months old. It was a bit iffy whether we were going to be able to go this year or not though, but we made it. And the show was fantastic as always.
  • alliscnzxalliscnzx Posts: 31 Member
    Going crazy with my best friend today
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Learning I'm at lower risk for cancer than I assumed.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Went to vote. I love voting! :)
    Please, my fellow european simmers: If you haven´t already, go vote! A high voter turnout would make me even more happy today! ;)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    Rain and Thunderstorms are staying south of us so we finally get to grill the Porterhouse steaks I bought last Friday tonight! Plus, we're planning to spend some time around the fire pit afterward enjoying some quiet time underneath the stars. <3
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Finished drafting my last uni assignment of this year. Also swapped my learning of Norwegian to Swedish a while ago (sorry Norway), and am making good progress. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Hatchet_Face_PrideHatchet_Face_Pride Posts: 2,096 Member
    Got my oil changed, rent paid, and a possible job-lead. I like being productive!
    rjsWAWi.jpg?1