Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premades that age up badly

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Lucas Munch and Max Villareal

For some reason, Max Villareal ages up into a bald teen in my game!
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    So Elsa’s eyebrows are horrible, but other than that she looks fine.

Remember the tots from the toddlers stuff pack? You know they put like negative time into thinking about what they’d look like as young adults.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I've got Elsas odd brows and cheeks on age up before, but I tweak her to look like Elsa from Frozen
    caitytrina.png
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Angie1301 wrote: »
    Omg not a premade but Vlads kids always come out with the strangest facial structures!!

I have a Vlad replacement I usually use instead I forgot where I downloaded them though. I replace Vlad with them as soon as I can. Their kids age up nicely. Max Villareal ages up well except for his hair usually, The Lenny and Squiggy hair has got to go. Seriously if you ever saw Lavern and Shirley with Lenny and Squiggy that is typically Max's hair. I have him embrace the bad boy image. One of my teen sims is dating him now. She likes bad boys for some reason. Another is dating Alexander Goth. I mind Elsa's hair and it's an easy fix if you don't care for the look.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Almost all of them especially Alexander Goth his ears always turn out so weird looking in my game.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @Angie1301 Duh! Have you seen their Dad's facial features?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I agree on alex i aged him up once how heck went from cute kid to a Huh? his sister look better he does Oo is why don't age him up i leave as a kid forever i only play my sims family. but i agree on alex oi boi
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    I'm playing with the Munch family (my sim married Gunther) and my Lucas turned into quite a very handsome young man, though Max Villarreal got pretty... Awful when he turned into a teen and I had to give a little touch-up to Elsa... Alexander Goth turned into a little Mr. Thing... And something always happens to the Spencer-Kim-Lewis girl where she's awful with both (randomly assigned) traits and appearance.
  • AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    eeeyun wrote: »
    I always thought she looked nice. But then again I use a few default CC.

Ah, maybe I just get bad luck with my sims then! :D

It could be worst though, I've seen others that make Elsa up there seem rather average lol. This is how she randomly aged up in my saves:

tumblr_p1nl9rlvUt1rz1zglo6_1280.png

Is this an Ultra Settings shot? Your game looks phenomenal

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Anisim wrote: »
    I always thought she looked nice. But then again I use a few default CC.

Ah, maybe I just get bad luck with my sims then! :D

It could be worst though, I've seen others that make Elsa up there seem rather average lol. This is how she randomly aged up in my saves:

tumblr_p1nl9rlvUt1rz1zglo6_1280.png

Is this an Ultra Settings shot? Your game looks phenomenal

Thank you! It's Ultra Settings + Reshade!
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I had to give Evie Delgato a makeover today. Her eyes and nose were too big for her face. Lucas Munch turned out ok, he looks like the Brawny paper towel man but that works for how I'm playing him as a super outdoorsy type.
  • AkiraAnubiseAkiraAnubise Posts: 240 Member
    edited April 2019
    For me none of the premade's grow up looking good. Of course the townies and parents don't have very good genetics. Which is why every time I start a save new save I replace them with my made over townies.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Elsa aged up bald in my save. I left her that way until she died of old age.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited April 2019
    Alexander Goth's son with a random townie somehow is the best looking game generated male sim I've had yet which was shocking.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Oh boy... one of my sims is best friends with Elsa Bjergsen, and I'm planning to have them date when they become teens. Well, Elsa aged up into a teen, and she looked a little different to what I expected...
    lKjU6R3.png
    I don't understand how she aged up so bad, I've had it with other sims like Lucas Munch, but I always thought the Bjergsens were a safe bet! It goes without saying that I went straight into cas.fulleditmode to make her look more like herself again! So what I want to know is, what premades have you seen age up well, and what ones age up not so well? Are there any premades with nearly guaranteed good genes? Or do you always drag them into CAS as well?

??

She looks great!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Anyone who has played The Simmons family from Parenthood will tell you that the children look like chimps when they age up!
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    The Sigworth's daughter ages up pretty crazy. I was going through my legacy and putting some of my own sims in and giving makeovers. I clicked on Strangerville and I was like O_O. Imo that was the worst one i've seen.
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    Have you ever checked out the toddler to adult challenge?

It's based around this exact thing, how changing up can drastically alter a sims appearance. Generally it's due to what facial features look good on kids and toddlers don't look good when they age up.

I believe if you edit age a kid in cas, edit it so they look how you like, and turn them back into a kid, they should age up how you've designed them, though? So that may be a workaround (and is usually the first thing I do with my sim toddlers)
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @Beardedgeek I agree! I thought she was cute and don't see the 'not good' part. Maybe she has a terrible side face/profile?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited April 2019
    Olivia Kim Lewis is the best bet. She's stunning as a teen/young adult. For males I don't know.. they all tend to age up pretty bad.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Moral of story:
    Please don't design kid faces from scratch. Or at least make sure they look okay as adults too?? Is it really that hard?
    There's a reason the toddler to adult challenge is called a challenge.

Why can't the developers just use the genetics feature?
    At least then the kids will age up looking similar to their parents.

Also, I'm very curious about what all the kids you folks are mentioning look like when aged up. I haven't really paid close attention, and at this point in my save, most of them are already dead. All I know is that Lucas Munch grew up looking rather meh.

Pretty sure TS3 had this problem too. Bella Goth aged up rather strange-looking there.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2019
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    @Beardedgeek I agree! I thought she was cute and don't see the 'not good' part. Maybe she has a terrible side face/profile?

Yeah, the picture actually makes her look better than she was lol! Her side profile, eyebrows and nose were really odd looking but I tweaked it and she looks great now! It could just be that I expected her to be 100% perfect from the get-go, maybe my expectations are too high! :)
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    hevker wrote: »
    The Sigworth's daughter ages up pretty crazy. I was going through my legacy and putting some of my own sims in and giving makeovers. I clicked on Strangerville and I was like O_O. Imo that was the worst one i've seen.

I know right? She's way worse than any other premade we had. I think there is only one hairstyle that can cover her ears!
    But she's cute as a child
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Vlad's children do come out with jawline and nose bridge issues but with a some "cosmetic surgery" they turn out pretty nice.
    33734757718_e9dc2100f0_c.jpg10-04-14-19_2-01-18 PM by Wendy W, on Flickr
    46696330175_cbcda7fe77_c.jpg11-04-14-19_2-16-52 PM by Wendy W, on Flickr
    I've found that Summer Holiday and Liberty Justice's children are also a hit and miss but don't need much tweaking except with the jaw line.
  • Nikki_SimtasticNikki_Simtastic Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sigworth girl took my breath away in all the wrong ways 😂. I thought the game glitched but then I remembered I didn't put in mods on the Sims 4 (DO NOT remind me of how stupid that commitment is). Sigworth has an affair with one of the Pagan girls and I'm immediately sweating. They have a toddler and he's cute as two buttons so I'm looking at his sister and dreading the worst. It takes me forever to find a hairstyle that works for her ears. She was SUCH a cute kid I just knew she was going to be a teenage heartthrob (still might be) but this was a genuine challenge. She has the most stunning blue eyes too. Turns out a combination of her parents best features don't look all that great on her. Those /ears/ though. Oy vey.