Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Besides the NRaas Mods what are some must have mods or CC you use?

It has been a while since I really was able to play Sims 3, let's just say my current PC gave up the ghost as far as playing it. But this coming Monday I will be getting a price quote on a new PC that will be made to handle this game, and assuming nothing gets in my way finically, I'm hoping to have this all done within the month or next at the latest. So while I wait, I would like to start searching for a few mods to add to the game as well. I have all packs in case any are wondering. Besides the NRaas Mods, what are some must-have mods or CC that you use for Sims 3?

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I didn't link them as they are easy to find on MTS if you type in the modders name in the search bar it will pull up the mods on the site for that modder.

I use a lot of mods by icarusallsorts from MTS. I have many of his including cook with any ingrediant, fun in the sun, salvage junkyard objects, serve meals which is awesome to get your sims at the table at one time, jogging markers to make jog paths.

I also use Dougasveiga's auto collect mod also from MTS.

Buzzler from MTS has a few I use, my favorite...cleaning house for everyone not just neat sims.

Of course, I have a lot more, but these are a few of my favorites that I would put in even if I have to take others out.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited April 2019
    Tired of seeing your Sims paint the same old carp? I know I am. And that's why I highly recommend Plum's huge painting replacement mod (file size is 110 MB, you have been warned!) which boasts no fewer than 1580 paintings. Now, a picture speaks a thousand words, so to add on to the ones shown on the site, here are a few paintings from the mod in my own game:
    TE5DnuF.jpg
    EjUdP7G.jpg
    d502wZ9.jpg

Shimrod101's Zoom In CAS mod lets you get up close and personal with your Simmy in CAS. It works on pets too! :)
    XRSGBwv.jpg

And finally, there's the No Drift/Lower Level Free Cam camera mod by aikea_guinea which I can't recommend highly enough. It makes the camera control soooo much better - no more annoying drift!

I hope you found this useful, and happy Simming :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2019
    I find a lot of Shimrods and Twoftmama mods get rid of a lot of irritating things. For example, better sleep in lower comfort beds lets you use more beds to design your bedrooms just the way you want without worrying they have a bad night's sleep. Getting rid of roaches that you can't see underground at resorts, auto-emptying the potty chair, better routing, resetting the dive caves, less ice cream trucks, no fleas, murphy bed won't kill, zombies won't eat plants, and No Mermaids, No Emigration, No Move, and No Immigration, etc. Mods that get rid of irritants make game play a lot more fun!

Oh, and I forgot velocitygrass over at MTS has some great ones - unlocked simport rewards, remove stencils and deco, and add any lot size.

And, KissingToast has a mod with a lot of store content fixes.

Then there are a lot of shiftable mods that allow more items to shift up and down a wall, like curtains - Alverdine_curtainsALL and granthesAdjustableCurtainsDefBG - or wall lights and paintings - Gelydh - Default - Easel Paintings

MTS is my goto mod spot, but there are other great, trustworthy modders, esp. those from the old simlogical site. MTS has a WCIF section that might be helpful for you too.
  • TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't play without Awesomemod. It fixes as well as makes changes. List of what it does is fairly long. https://pastebin.com/M2EdstHf
    Edit: MATY proper isn't allowed, the link that I shared was actually not on the website itself.
    Post edited by Tryc on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Tryc - Thanks for that!
    Post edited by ciane on
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I have a Resources page you can check out. :)
    http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/resources
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/