Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight April 5th - A week in The Sims forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul Sul Simmers!

How did April start for you? In my case, reading last week's Legacy Challenge thread made me abandon my Simself a little bit. I started a new legacy I know I won't manage to finish, but it's a good excuse to start a new save and play with more than one Sim!

I'm looking forward spending some hours this weekend dedicated to improving my Sim's 'house'!

Out of curiosity - how many of you play The Sims more during the weekend than Monday to Friday?

x9xi93p0nujp.png
I think Patchy needs a weekend - screenshot by @Hermitgirl, found here!

Before leaving the office for the weekend let me share some links with you!
  • Were we talking about legacies? I wish I had found @katrinaforest's thread earlier, they shared a challenge this week that sounds like a great way of combining a Legacy Challenge and exploring the different deaths! I may still start over my legacy to play this version - it's not too late. Take a look at 'The 10 generations/10 ghosts challenge'!
    And in case you are wondering which is the ghosts thread they are talking about - find here @Sharonia's 'Ghosts' discussion. ;)
  • That brings us to the next discussion, which is also a poll: 'Do you play with occults?', by @AquaGamer1212! Occults allow to introduce all kind of strange stories, and they always give us a lot to talk about so go share your experiences in the topic!
  • Next poll is about time, a very interesting question coming from @LindsaySeddon1 and with a more variety of answers than I was expecting! They are asking us: 'What play speed do you use most often?'. I can tell you something: considering how fast time seems to go, whoever controls me uses Ultra speed while I'm playing The Sims! :(
  • Moving on to the Creative corner, I'd like to invite you to visit @masajo's '**Creations by masajo**' thread. Get ready to add a bunch of lots to your Gallery favourites! ;)
  • Closing the list this week, let me show you a thread by @FurSimsOfficial which made me look back and remember lovely moments with previous The Sims games: 'It's Nostalgia time! TS1 TS2 TS3 memories!'. Remembering these games always makes me smile - if you play used to play them, I hope reading through this topic has the same effect on you!

Oh, I almost forget! 2019 Sims Theam Madness is over, and we have a winner! A winner I was not expecting! Make sure to check it out if you haven't already here!

Happy Simming weekend! <3
-Mai

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Woohoo, nice to see my thread being mentioned. Hope to read more forgotten moments and memories of TS1, TS2 and TS3 there :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Wow @EA_Mai a very big thank you for mentioning my thread, fantastic surprise that's really made my day :) I love reading the Friday highlights each week, they always lead me to places I never knew existed. Regarding play/build time, I would say more during the week as family tend to 'hijack' Sim time at weekends :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Congratulations on your wonderful build thread being featured in Friday Highlights @masajo B)!

Great threads and Friday Highlights photo this week, everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• DorothyDorothy Posts: 62 Member
    Im playing Sims4 everyday almost non stop. Everyday i make a creation, but im still continuing the Goth bloodline. For now my sweet Victor is the only survivor at this bloodline.
    Also i have to admit that those threats are very cool. :smiley:
  • EnglishSimmer90EnglishSimmer90 Posts: 53 Member
    Congrats to everyone mentioned! And thank you for showing me new threads to check out! I work shift work so basically any time off from work I have I end up playing The Sims.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    HI Everyone, I'm new.. I mostly like to build and create with the open world platform so I prefer the Sims 3.. I do play Sims 4 also, I find it relaxing and building rooms is very easy on Sims 4.. I play everyday depending on my schedule..
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Thank you very much @coolsim9999999 very kind of you :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,086 Member
    You're very welcome @masajo :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• EnglishSimmer90EnglishSimmer90 Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2019
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    HI Everyone, I'm new.. I mostly like to build and create with the open world platform so I prefer the Sims 3.. I do play Sims 4 also, I find it relaxing and building rooms is very easy on Sims 4.. I play everyday depending on my schedule..

Welcome @LMC6255 :blush:
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    What a great Friday thread! I mostly play on the weekend, but during the week, if I am writing something, I will get ideas at work and jot them down. I have many scribble notes and post it's with thoughts on them. For longer stories, I do have a notebook I keep detailed notes in. Time flies when you're playing sims. lol
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_Mai -Great theme!I've been playing my apocalypse challenge in Sunset Valley2 and they've just finshed up the winter of 1525 and it's now spring in the year of 1526 in Salisbury Beach,Massachusetts.They've been getting ready to start adding to their farmhouse though the ground is still soggy because the snow just melted and they're dealing with a muddy quagmire.The Jankowskys also ended up with leftovers going bad in their fridge and had to still eat them up because the supply ships won't be coming until later in the season.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • whitmartinezwhitmartinez Posts: 139 Member
    Being a single mom, and full time employee I play mainly on the weekends. I speed play doing sims eating, shower etc but slow down and zoom in when I'm doing story/legacy stuff to take good screen shots.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    Being mostly retired (I don't do all of the housework anymore) I have the freedom to play most days of the week. I have played daily since GF came out, plus the upgraded Road to Fame that augments it, adding a singer Sim possibility. I started this month looking forward to my birthday, which I just enjoyed. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Oh, wow! Thank you for highlighting my legacy challenge, @EA_Mai! :)

Sims is always my break at the end of the work day before the kids get off the bus. (I work from home and start pretty early, so I've got a nice little block of time to relax in.) Weekends, it depends. I might not play at all or I might get a bunch of hours in. It really depends on what's going on.

@GalacticGal Happy birthday!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • ThereImNora14412ThereImNora14412 Posts: 6 New Member
    I've spend some good 8 hours a day in The Sims 4 almost every day :pensive:
    Doing a legacy challenge and still playing the strangerville story.
    My friends on Twitch enjoy my gameplays in The Sims 4 alot, so I might stick to doing more challenges :D Have a good week to everybody here in the sims community <3
  • yin1234yin1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    We need the sims 4:university life please !
  • ajarvis999ajarvis999 Posts: 15 Member
    I mostly play on the weekends when I can play side by side with my daughter who also loves playing!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm playing every night once all my daily chores are done.
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    I will admit, I mostly play every night after dinner. A lot more time is spent on Sunday evenings. On occasion, I do take a week or so break from it.
  • little_did_sheknowlittle_did_sheknow Posts: 3 New Member
    all these comments make me feel better about my addiction.

I play in between homework assignments, im in college. I have to take my ipad to class, if I take my laptop i know I'll end up playing sims in class :neutral:
  • ThatssjustmeThatssjustme Posts: 16 Member
    I play all the time. like my post so I can become a member