Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

And Im back....again......yes i know.....shuttup......

Yes, Im still alive...although many now here probably don't know me....or have forgotten....or changed names and plastic surgery...….
Anyways, been very busy juggling work, the wife, kids and grandkids....god I feel old.
Yesterday I decided to reinstall Sims 3 and give it a whirl on my updated desktop number crunching thingy (with new graphics card and SSD!!) and yes while its still buggy and choppy, gods its like coming home to an old friend!
Don't get me wrong I love all The Sims and all my Sims....(reads that back to himself and shrugs)... and been having great fun in Strangeville, something pulled me back to Sims 3...and now 7 hours later (she is going to kill me when she gets home from work eep) Im still going.
Ive never played Sims 4 for that long, cant believe the time just flew. It just sucks you in.
Ive said it before but ill say it again, If EA combined Sims 3 with Sims 4 graphics and building ease theyd have a money spinning, pure gold hit!

Sawdust you still in here somewhere? Coooeeeee

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I am here. Don't come here much. About once a month usually to put a build in one of the comps. It must be karma or something that I should pop in today of all days though. Saw your post and thought (no better not say what I thought .. ;) hehe) .. nah, just kidding. Maybe, mwhaha!

Anyhoos been thinking of loading up Sims 3 again myself of late. Don't like Sims 4 at all. Still build though and agree about the easy building but I prefer realistic graphics. Don't much like these cartoony ones of Sims 4. Currently doing a medieval makeover of Willow Creek. @Jendowoz0612 is gonna make the Sims to go with the houses.

Spend most of my gaming time in Elder Scrolls Online. I think that series will always be my most fav game. Can't wait till they bring out number 6 although it's only in pre-production so I have a long wait. But their first in a sci-fi series should be out in a couple of years, Starfield. It's like Elder Scrolls but sci-fi. :D

Nice chatting. :)
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Need sleep.....must recharge batterys…..hmmmm maybe a quick look in Mod The Sims....curse you Sims 3!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    @sawdust @uo_aaronjd I have been so busy with the grandchild I've not been on Elder Scrolls much. Nor Sims for that matter. Or any kind of gaming really. I've still not tried Strangeville. I did have some good times with Sims 3 but it seems like such a long time ago and I can't make a comparison. So many fun packs and expansions I miss.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Good to see you back and like that you're giving Sims 3 a go again. Have you checked out the Sims 3 posts in this forum? All sorts of things are happening there.

I can't play Sims 4 any more, not that I ever did much, as I didn't put Origin on this computer. I still have it all set up on my laptop but haven't turned it on for over a year.

There are lots of things you can do with Sims 3 to reduce or stop the lag. Hope you continue to have fun regardless of which game you're playing.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Loving Sims 3 but hating the launcher, having all sorts of issues from not finding packs to losing downloads.
    Classic Origin/EA however I think ive found a solution *pats hammer*
    No just reinstalling Origin and it seems to be running smoothly again.
    Tried playing Sims 3 without NRass….lasted a full 5mins before I put master controller and other mods back on...such a shame you need mods for the game to run smoothly.
    When will they learn