Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for Mod

I am looking for a Mod that is comparable to AKLsimmer's "Reduced Townies Mod". Her mod uses sims in houses to fill NPC job roles. She still hasn't updated it since Strangerville and her tumblr comments makes it seems she won't be updating it for awhile. From what I have read, the popular NPC Control Mod only uses homeless sims.

Anyone know of another mod?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'm pretty sure NPC Control has settings that you can use to change that. The information on the settings is in the mod's description page.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure NPC Control has settings that you can use to change that. The information on the settings is in the mod's description page.

ok i'll take a look. Thanks!
  • 99SimmerGirl9999SimmerGirl99 Posts: 12 New Member
    I don't know where else to ask this, so sorry if I'm invading on your mods inquiry, but I am in desperate need of a VERY specific CC. I am recreating the cast of NBC's Blindspot and really really need Jane's full body tats, so if anyone can please help me by making them (very accurately) or teach me how to make my own CC for the Sims 4, that would be greatly appreciated. :)
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited April 2019
    Register as a member (it's free) at sims4studio.com/ and download the Sims4Studio software (available for both Windows and Mac).

If you don't have any art software, may I recommend GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program): https://gimp.org/

Open Google or other search engine and type in: "sims 4 tutorial tattoos"; there should be plenty there to get you started.

Good luck! :smile:
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
    I downloaded Sims 4 Studio, but it won't open...
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    I downloaded Sims 4 Studio, but it won't open...

It might help to know which version you downloaded, Wishes for PC or Apple Blossom for Mac. If you downloaded Wishes, did you download the version with the Installer? Is it the zip file that won't open or is it the program? Is your game open? Sims 4 Studio won't work if your game is open. It also needs to be in its own folder and not inside the Mods folder or The Sims 4 folder.
    I have a Windows computer and downloaded Wishes. Do I need both the Installer and the ZIP? I moved it to my desktop, thinking the file location may have been the issue, but it still won't open (the mouse cursor spins for a few seconds then stops and nothing happens).
    I have a Windows computer and downloaded Wishes. Do I need both the Installer and the ZIP? I moved it to my desktop, thinking the file location may have been the issue, but it still won't open (the mouse cursor spins for a few seconds then stops and nothing happens).

nope you only need one or the other. If you do not know which then go with the installer. Only other thing I can imagine is an antivirus issue.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    > @Cupid said:
    > 99SimmerGirl99 wrote: »
    >
    > I have a Windows computer and downloaded Wishes. Do I need both the Installer and the ZIP? I moved it to my desktop, thinking the file location may have been the issue, but it still won't open (the mouse cursor spins for a few seconds then stops and nothing happens).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > nope you only need one or the other. If you do not know which then go with the installer. Only other thing I can imagine is an antivirus issue.

What do you mean, that I can't have anti-virus software?? I have Bit Defender if that helps at all.
    > @Cupid said:
    >
    > I have a Windows computer and downloaded Wishes. Do I need both the Installer and the ZIP? I moved it to my desktop, thinking the file location may have been the issue, but it still won't open (the mouse cursor spins for a few seconds then stops and nothing happens).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > nope you only need one or the other. If you do not know which then go with the installer. Only other thing I can imagine is an antivirus issue.

What do you mean, that I can't have anti-virus software?? I have Bit Defender if that helps at all.

Not that you can't have it.. just that it might be blocking the program from starting. If that's happening for some reason (I don't know whether or not it is) then you'd have to add it to the antivirus's exception list.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Cupid wrote: »
    > @Cupid said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Not that you can't have it.. just that it might be blocking the program from starting. If that's happening for some reason (I don't know whether or not it is) then you'd have to add it to the antivirus's exception list.

Like Cupid said, sometimes antivirus programs flag Sims 4 Studio, it is usually because it is a new version that has not been used by a lot of people.
    Oh okay. Thank you soooo much @Cupid and Bananas_45.
    > @99SimmerGirl99 said:
    > I don't know where else to ask this, so sorry if I'm invading on your mods inquiry, but I am in desperate need of a VERY specific CC. I am recreating the cast of NBC's Blindspot and really really need Jane's full body tats, so if anyone can please help me by making them (very accurately) or teach me how to make my own CC for the Sims 4, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have started making Jane's tats, but I am having trouble knowing where to place her neck tattoo on the female template to make it where it should be on the side of her neck. If anyone can give me any tips on how/where to place tattoos and how they show up in-game, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
    > @99SimmerGirl99 said:
    > I don't know where else to ask this, so sorry if I'm invading on your mods inquiry, but I am in desperate need of a VERY specific CC. I am recreating the cast of NBC's Blindspot and really really need Jane's full body tats, so if anyone can please help me by making them (very accurately) or teach me how to make my own CC for the Sims 4, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have started making Jane's tats, but I am having trouble knowing where to place her neck tattoo on the female template to make it where it should be on the side of her neck. If anyone can give me any tips on how/where to place tattoos and how they show up in-game, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

I would suggest asking at Sims 4 Studio in their Creator Help section. You could post pictures of what you have and they can assist you with your issues. In order to post pictures I would suggest using Imgur, it's free and super easy to use!
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    >
    > > @99SimmerGirl99 said:
    > > I don't know where else to ask this, so sorry if I'm invading on your mods inquiry, but I am in desperate need of a VERY specific CC. I am recreating the cast of NBC's Blindspot and really really need Jane's full body tats, so if anyone can please help me by making them (very accurately) or teach me how to make my own CC for the Sims 4, that would be greatly appreciated. :)
    >
    > I have started making Jane's tats, but I am having trouble knowing where to place her neck tattoo on the female template to make it where it should be on the side of her neck. If anyone can give me any tips on how/where to place tattoos and how they show up in-game, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would suggest asking at Sims 4 Studio in their Creator Help section. You could post pictures of what you have and they can assist you with your issues. In order to post pictures I would suggest using Imgur, it's free and super easy to use!

Okay thanks!