Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too much silence

Some may think I feel entitled and am a whiner and that's fine but I feel like with the new whatever-it-was they implemented last year with the changing of the teams and such that there is just way too much silence now.

I love The Sims 4. I have bought every pack on day one or two, except for Strangerville. Still don't own it and I have no desire to purchase anymore packs for a game that is so dang silent and has fewer and fewer content additions. We can't even look forward to a patch every month anymore. I have completely lost interest in playing. The team has completely disengaged me from their game.

I know the devs speak on Twitter, and that's great but it really doesn't help the fact that the game is slowing down and growing stagnant.

My hope was for TS4 to continue on for a few more years but this new way of providing their live service just makes me not care anymore and take my wallet elsewhere. ):
Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I haven't really been paying attention, but the last pack only came out like a month ago didn't it? And we're already antsy for the next announcement huh? I gotta get with the times
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like the lack of knowledge. It makes things mysterious. But I also don't have all of the expansion packs, so maybe it's just the fact that I buy a new pack every time I get bored of the sims (about every two months or so) or that I love mods.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I haven't really been paying attention, but the last pack only came out like a month ago didn't it? And we're already antsy for the next announcement huh? I gotta get with the times

Some people didn't buy Strangerville; just as the OP stated. So, for them, there hasn't been a pack to buy since Get Famous and that was in November. Now, while that doesn't mean that the developers have been quiet since November. But when you're not interested in a pack, the wait for the next thing is much more rough because you have to wait that much more longer to find out if the next pack is going to interest you, or not. And that could be even more waiting, if it's not something that you'd consider buying.

@ the OP: I can agree with your points. I know they need a break and all.. but I'll admit this silence is pretty bad in comparison to previous iterations. I miss getting those leaflets that announced the next expansion pack. Unfortunately those days are long gone, for some reason. It's not like EA has any competition, or has ever had, when it comes to The Sims. So for them to make the Developers be this quiet... is questionable to me. But it is what it is and we just have to continue waiting.

I'm thinking they'll be bringing us some streams in the next week or two. Whenever Lindsay gets back from vacation and they fix whatever they were working on that she didn't want to show until she got back. So... crossed fingers it's not too much longer. But then again, I think we may not see any paid content until after the Legacy Game is released. And that's not until sometime in June. :( Only time will tell. x_x Just hang in there. :)

Some people didn't buy Strangerville; just as the OP stated. So, for them, there hasn't been a pack to buy since Get Famous and that was in November. Now, while that doesn't mean that the developers have been quiet since November. But when you're not interested in a pack, the wait for the next thing is much more rough because you have to wait that much more longer to find out if the next pack is going to interest you, or not. And that could be even more waiting, if it's not something that you'd consider buying.

I didn't buy it either lol. But news that doesn't interest you (or me) isn't the same thing as "silence." It's like saying the tree that fell in the forest didn't make a noise.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member

I didn't buy it either lol. But news that doesn't interest you (or me) isn't the same thing as "silence." It's like saying the tree that fell in the forest didn't make a noise.

That's what I was saying. I mentioned that it doesn't mean that the developers are quiet, it's just from the time the last pack you bought to "now" seems like the wait for something new is so much longer. And that the OP was speaking generally about the silence, not just since Strangerville. Which was released on February 26th. So, if nothing is said this month, that'll be two months. Which is expected because they mentioned there would be quiet months. Doesn't mean it doesn't stink.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I also thought for sure there was going to be patch this month. Even if it was just to adjust or correct some stuff that Simmers have been complaining (or requesting) about with the game packs such as City Living's street gallery bug or the laptop in Strangerville that isn't actually mobile according to those who bought the game. OR at least add some new items or options. Nowadays, I rarely play Sims4.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    I hope this doesnt sound rude i am just curious. what will you do when the development of the game ends?... if the only thing drawing you in to play it now is getting news and more announcements, then what is going to happen when that stops?
  • Chicken0895Chicken0895 Posts: 9 New Member
    I can't speak for everyone, but for me once game development ends there will be no need for communication, so that's irrelevant.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    For sure the communication is poor.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    edited April 2019
    I've been feeling that way since the beginning of The Sims 4 and despite the fact I don't like TS4 I still follow this community because I love the series. But since Seasons its getting worst!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm just annoyed by the fact that they aren't releasing fixes for the bugs in this game.

Although, considering how little this game achieved in 4 years, it's not surprising that people are angsty about more content. I totally understand that. TS3 and TS2 in 4 years were a gone and done deal whereas in TS4 we are still waiting on basic life simulation content. I think it's justified that people think the game is evolving in a very slow way, especially now that we're past the mark.

It might be that they are tweaking the engine to support more content, since they are shutting off the support for 32bit but I don't know.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I don’t think we’re getting anything until Sims 4 Legacy releases so that’s why the past few months have been dry. There’s no point in updating a game not everyone will be able to play.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think the marketing campaign for Strangerville was great - and thus it is even more incomprehensible that they don't use this new interest and energy to continue.
    edited April 2019
    I miss the producers walkthrough from The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. It was a great way to show the game content. On the other way I understand why they don't do that with TS4 because theres not too much content in a pack to do videos like that again.
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    edited April 2019
    I can't speak for everyone, but for me once game development ends there will be no need for communication, so that's irrelevant.
    why wont there be a need for it? all the problems in the game are going to be solved after it ends? thats not what happened with 1, 2 or 3. I think anyone craving communication and updates at this point is still going to be craving it after the game finishes.
    Duende wrote: »
    I literally uninstalled the Sims 4 after Strangerville and remembered I had reading, writing, TV series and language learning to catch up on. I have no intention on returning until the Supernatural life states are returned. Fed up of begging for something that should already be in a 5 year old game.
    If y'all want the silence to end, just boycott all the next releases and let the sales drop.

tenor.gif

I mean that’ll never happen 🤷‍♀️

Unfortunately I agree.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I completely agree. They are perfectly aware that there are certain bugs that have been plaguing us for a long time that they still haven't bothered to fix.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I personally find it annoying how it seems that everything happens on Twitter. Not all of us use Twitter or spend all day reading the team's tweets. So for those of us who don't, I can't help but feel a bit out of the loop with things. I never felt like that with previous iterations; why should I have to be glued to social media just to find out what's happening in a game I paid for? I'm not saying they should cease tweeting, but perhaps they could communicate with us more through other channels, too.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I completely agree. They are perfectly aware that there are certain bugs that have been plaguing us for a long time that they still haven't bothered to fix.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I personally find it annoying how it seems that everything happens on Twitter. Not all of us use Twitter or spend all day reading the team's tweets. So for those of us who don't, I can't help but feel a bit out of the loop with things. I never felt like that with previous iterations; why should I have to be glued to social media just to find out what's happening in a game I paid for? I'm not saying they should cease tweeting, but perhaps they could communicate with us more through other channels, too.

Its really irritating. You never see a Q&A on the official Forums, always on Twitter. The Gurus barely engage here, only on Twitter. Showing creations all the time from Game Changers and addressing their concerns, like lilsimsie does a rant and GuruKate is like: we love that constructive Critisism... how about you adress stuff from non Game Changers, and release it so everyone can see. The official EA Sims 4 Blog should adress a lot more, whats going on in the community, even when it is a Little bit negativ.
    create a Blog where general Questions are beeing asked and answerd. Behind the Scenes stuff etc. so you dont always have to dig up on Twitter.
    Like i didnt know there was this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 case going on. At least we have SimVip...
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I have to agree about Twitter. I don't use it either and I'm sure there are a lot of simmers who don't, so we can miss out on information and polls. I feel it makes more sense to use the official Sims site surely or at least post on other networks/sites. Yes, thank goodness for SimsVIP and our own community for spreading the word here. :)
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »

Its really irritating. You never see a Q&A on the official Forums, always on Twitter. The Gurus barely engage here, only on Twitter. Showing creations all the time from Game Changers and addressing their concerns, like lilsimsie does a rant and GuruKate is like: we love that constructive Critisism... how about you adress stuff from non Game Changers, and release it so everyone can see. The official EA Sims 4 Blog should adress a lot more, whats going on in the community, even when it is a Little bit negativ.
    create a Blog where general Questions are beeing asked and answerd. Behind the Scenes stuff etc. so you dont always have to dig up on Twitter.
    Like i didnt know there was this plum case going on. At least we have SimVip...

Right on. I don't even understand this game changer stuff, are they just people who essentially get paid to say nice things? That's the impression I get. I find everybody on YouTube incredibly annoying too, it's almost like a false positivity. LGR is the only one who doesn't grate on me.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
    edited April 2019
    That's what I was saying. I mentioned that it doesn't mean that the developers are quiet,
    But that's what the original post is trying to say and naturally, that's where my response was directed.
    And that the OP was speaking generally about the silence, not just since Strangerville. Which was released on February 26th. So, if nothing is said this month, that'll be two months. Which is expected because they mentioned there would be quiet months. Doesn't mean it doesn't stink.
    It might stink, but I wasn't trying to go into whether or not it stinks at all. I think the OP's problem does not result from silence, but more from being told things they don't want to hear. I can relate to that, since Strangerville did not interest me nor am I pleased with the lack of bugfix patches in recent months. Still, these things have been communicated to us. We were told that developing time had been spent on Strangerville and we were told that patches would not be sent out on certain months. These were not things I wanted to hear but I didn't ignore them and disregard them as silence, they're very much influencing my opinion on the game (and whether or not I'll spend money on it) at the moment.

To put it more concisely, my point is that I would hope people are not ignoring what they're being told and anticipating something entirely different from it. I'd hope that people are instead taking that information and using it to make informed decisions about what they spend their money on, so that they won't be disappointed.
    Post edited by Cupid on
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2019
    PreCiious wrote: »

Like i didnt know there was this plum case going on. At least we have SimVip...

Game Changers are a joke. I can't even stand watching their gameplay videos, they are all so one dimensional and cringy. I don't even understand why EA only listens to them but ok....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited April 2019
    At the very least they could be fixing bugs every month. There are so many bugs and glitches (some game breaking) that have been going on for a while, yet we've already had 2 patchless months out of 4 this year. It makes the lack of news even more annoying because it's difficult to play the game while we wait.

Also, agreed with the Twitter stuff. I can't stand it and don't use it ever, so it bugs me that a majority of the communication goes on over there instead of on official websites/forums. I think the thing that really annoyed me the most was when the gurus started giving away free packs on Twitter, meanwhile those of us on here or even on Facebook get totally left out of that stuff. :/ It's just blatant bias and favoritism to one platform over another. And they're free to have their preferences, but at the very least they could try to reach out to as many fans as possible. Or they could spread them around. Have some gurus use the Twitter, some use Facebook, and others post here. They don't all need to be on Twitter.