Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners and everyone who submitted their entries! Every builder who participates is definitely creative :)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,225 Member
    edited April 2019
    Some nice builds so far.
    image.png
  • meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    FORUM ID:meowcatmeowkitty
    ORIGIN ID: kroganbaby
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FE6C578254CC11E98434795DCB646EBF
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Indistinct Shingles(was Bedlington Boathouse)
    GALLERY COST: 42865
    TOTAL COST: 44365 (so close...)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ZOcxH57
    ENTRY DETAILS: For most sims, life on the beach in Brindleton Bay would seem idyllic. Not so for Xenia, who's come to a horrifying "realization" that most of the sim government has been taken over by robots who want to destroy simanity and rule the world. Xenia may enjoy post-apocalyptic video games (maybe a bit too much...), but she certainly doesn't want to live through it for real. No, she's going to find out how these dastardly androids tick and put a stop to them, with the help of man's best friend, of course. Xenia and Foxbacon

I took some inspiritation from Fallout 4 for this one. Another inspiration was the Shingles style, which I felt fits into Brindleton Bay very well.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC. I made the custom photographs.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2019
    Please welcome two new BnS helpers! @Pronterus will be joining as an Established Level judge. @iampes23 is a challenge writer and, between iampes & @SimTresa, we already have enough challenge ideas to keep us going through the end of the year <3

mnFchvj.pngigSq9GX.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Welcome, and great you joined the BnS crew! @Pronterus, @iampes23 and @SimTresa

Has anyone encountered this bug, and what can I do to fix it?
    This appeared in my game yesterday, before the lot was fine.
    I have tried to fix it by repairing my game and started a new save to no avail. ( No mods or CC )

1EmD7c8.png
    Thanks!

The extra shadow? Yeah, I've seen that before. It was much smaller though, looked like a llama stuck to the side of the house. What I ended up doing was building a pond directly around the shadow then deleting the pond. That took the shadow with it.

It's worth a try.

mannanna wrote: »
    Welcome, and great you joined the BnS crew! @Pronterus, @iampes23 and @SimTresa

Has anyone encountered this bug, and what can I do to fix it?
    This appeared in my game yesterday, before the lot was fine.
    I have tried to fix it by repairing my game and started a new save to no avail. ( No mods or CC )

1EmD7c8.png

image.png
    Maybe I wasn't too clear. I mean the shadow/line right at the property edge. I know the pic is a little dark. It looks like the lot sits higher and not blending in with the surroundings. It looks like this all around the property.
    Unfortunately I can't build or put anything down since it's right at the edge.

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Do you mean the white line around the lot @mannanna very strange I dont have this can you still bulldoze the lot
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #116 - Safe House
    FORUM ID: Allears
    ORIGIN ID: SassiLassi
    LEVEL:Established
    LOT: Cottage With A Secret
    LOT COST: $2,000
    LOT NAME: Hindquarter Hideaway in Brindleton Bay
    GALLERY COST: $42,976
    TOTAL COST: $44,976
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/rVcR5XN
    ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia Ville's little cottage in the woods holds a big secret. Somewhere in this little cottage there's a secret entry to a staircase leading to a well-guarded mysterious laboratory. She's very conscious of the secrets she's guarding and how dangerous it could be if anyone found her. Will she be able to relax here in her hidden cottage, and concentrate on the important work she has to do??
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used

PICTURES

83oa0HY.png

BLOo586.png
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Mid-Nowhere Observatory
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Mid-Nowhere
    GALLERY COST: 43,264
    TOTAL COST: 44,764
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia takes shelter in an old observatory on an island off the coast of Windenburg, specifically on a plot of land called Mid-Nowhere. The observatory was abandoned until Xenia moved in and added a few security features as well as some additions in the basement. The interiors are mostly concrete and steel to withstand harsh weather conditions, and cameras are hidden in the trees to warn Xenia of any trespassers. The one-bedroom home is equipped with heating and cooling as well as the secret bookcase leading down to the basement lab. The lab has the work area, a holding cell, and another bookcase door which leads to the storage room; this is Xenia's escape route just in case the feds are onto her.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    oj8T5M7.png
    OqlJ0Aj.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention MASTER Entrants for #BnS115 - Man Cave

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited April 2019
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: chips46
    ORIGIN ID: chips46
    ROOM: Secret Science Lab
    GALLERY COST: 14,991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here at my showcase
    ENTRY DETAILS: Basement has been neglected of wear and tear with a few scuff marks on the brick wall, and replace the old flooring with new, it has a high security door with alarm security system, with a few lab equipment to analyse to what Xenia is working on and create potions to cure Illnesses, as to what is going on in Xenia home town.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOcc
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Vq9cceF.pngHm1Xs0d.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LOT: Granny's Little Secret
    LOT COST: $2500.00
    LOT NAME:Pique Hearth in Willow Creek
    GALLERY COST: $42,479.00
    TOTAL COST: $44,979.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/7MNsROG
    ENTRY DETAILS:Granny's Little Secret is tucked away in the quiet little community of Willow Creek. Xenia has the perfect cover. Her house looks just like any other on the block. Except for her little secret lab hidden in the basement. I used my own Grandma's house for inspiration on this one. I was always scared of her basement, lol, she didn't have the fancy bookshelf though :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: all the artwork in the house was created by AlJay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    5HCOC0A.png
    tGVqH6J.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    LEVEL:Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Xenia Ville
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/68vnNlZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia Ville looks like your average Grandma. She is anything but! She is convinced that the government is out to get us. She makes sure that her face is always slightly covered and never takes off her gloves (germs, you know). She also doesn't want her finger prints out there. She makes sure that all the electronic items in her house are old (before they put trackers on them). Xenia's life aspiration is to be a renaissance sim. She wants to be good at many things at once. She is erratic, a genius and strives for perfection.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    edDiNpK.png
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    ROOM: The Lab
    GALLERY COST: $11,886.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/nwFp41V
    ENTRY DETAILS:Xenia spends her days wandering around the neighborhood looking for anything suspicious or strange. She then takes the things she has discovered back to her lab to analyze them. The Lab is also a place where she creates her special serums.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    dHQ2z94.png
    nX8tyYN.png
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4F2F2C03537711E984397E6A61392AEA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/tZwV3Fi
    ENTRY DETAILS: A very suspicious and erratic sim, Xenia is a scientist who used to work for the government. Now she suspects that she is being watched and followed everywhere she goes! She needs a quiet, secret place to work on her science projects--away from prying eyes!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    GUChvrz.png
    RFDEyaQ.png
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    edited April 2019
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0F98E897534911E98E077E6A61392AEA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $10,853
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/s3rOerF
    ENTRY DETAILS: A science lab for many different schools of science, including chemistry and archeology, it is placed in the basement of a house. It was built for the genius scientist, Xenia Ville, who is a loner and paranoid of people spying on her work, especially the government!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    HyexO7K.png
    dVnPbAo.png
    edited April 2019
    OOPS!! I seem to have gone over the budget! I guess I won't be entering after all!

LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8A91C66C537111E988FD7E6A61392AEA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false

The screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/4mWtvn3

In case anyone is interested at looking :D
    C1ZNaZP.png

SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    HOUSEHOLD: Ville
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/sVlD1vR
    ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia Ville leads a solitary, quiet life, doing her best to blend in and draw as little attention to herself as possible. This makes it easier to conduct secret experiments and research the strange events in her town without anyone suspecting.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

jR7GIuw.png
    image.png
    Just managed to come in under budget!

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    LOT: Desert Haven

LOT COST: 1,000
    LOT NAME: Carpophagous Corner
    GALLERY COST: 43,999
    TOTAL COST: 44,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Yd6LdtO
    ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia's small cottage is shielded from prying eyes by a screen of trees, and a fence keeps trespassers out of the back yard. Yes, the extra trees may draw attention, but at least the house itself is nearly invisible except from the front. The interior reflects Xenia's eclectic taste and the lack of clutter appeals to her desire for neatness.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    hDo8QMB.png

WFtn0lU.png
    image.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LEVEL: --- blank --- only entered a sim once before

HOUSEHOLD: Xenia Ville
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/0dvoYdV

ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia is a young adult nerd brain and a quick learner. She has recently moved to a new home where she feels safe and not spied upon by the government. She aspires to become a top notch scientist with a life goal of knowledge. Her traits are loner, erratic and genius and her skills are 1 in cooking and 3 in logic.
    lZ2xxQa.png?1

• SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2019
    CHALLENGE #116 – Safe House
    FORUM ID: SheriGR
    ORIGIN ID: SheriGR
    LOT: Strange Safe House & Lab
    LOT NAME: Built on Old Penelope 50x40 lot, $3,500 (Strangerville)
    GALLERY COST: $41,280
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/xLg1K4y
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    In Brief: Are you a bit unsure of what’s up with Strangerville? Feeling a little paranoid and need to feel safe?? Then this is the home for you! This spacious lot features a border of hills, boulders, plants and fencing for privacy. It’s dog-ready for your ‘guard’ or ‘alert’ dog, has a surveillance camera, and a secret lab with supplies in the basement. It features the ‘Private Dwelling’, ‘Science Lair’, and ‘Peace and Quiet’ lot traits...
    In Detail:
    The Property: The property perimeter is a combination of hills & boulders, fencing with a locked gate, trees & plants. Of course, all outdoor plants are away from the home (since Xenia suspects outdoor plants of being ‘bugged’), and are selected to blend in with surroundings. There is one exception … Xenia aspires to become a great cook, so she has a small garden at the top of the hill with the fruits, veggies and herbs she will need for those recipes. The garden has fencing and a locked gate to make sure no-one messes with it, though.

The Home: Nosey neighbors? No problem! If any of them manage to get past the fencing, locked gate, hills & boulders on the outer edges of the lot, Xenia is prepared. The door and windows have the appearance of allowing for a chance to peek or get in, but they are locked up tight. The porch is well lit with glass in the door and a surveillance camera to see who’s there before letting anyone in. Even the dog-door is locked to all but her faithful companion and ‘guard’/alert dog, Pinky. Also, all of them have iron guards, just in case, and if a nosey sim tries to peek in, what will they see? All things normal, that’s what. The upstairs is just a normal home.

Though Xenia is leery of outdoor plants, she loves indoor plants… as long as they have been checked properly to make sure they’re safe… and all of hers have. There are a few statues of the strange local plants, but they are also safe, and ‘housed’ in containment cells, just to be extra safe. In her secret lab room, that is…

Speaking of the Secret Lab… there is a locked, ‘secret bookcase’ door in Xenia’s bedroom that leads to the basement lab. In it she has a computer for research (and occasional simming!), her lab with a mysterious live local ‘strange plant’ and ‘tendril’ safely encased in her containment cells. There are ‘spoiler items’ that she can use or not use – it’s up to her (you) - she won't be able to use them unless you make them available) - in/on a protective display case (the spoiler items can help you out a bit, if you want to use them - includes a hazmat suit, infection scanner, evidence, infections vaccine, secret dossier, and more). Either way they set a mysterious and inspirational atmosphere, right!?! There is a table to purchase bugs and listen in on other sims. A toilet & sink make it more practical to enjoy her coffee station while reading some of the interesting local books and running tests… And a cloning machine will make fast work of reproducing your.... ummmm... spoiler item... **infection vaccine** ....'cause you really want enough to go around. There are a lot of weirdos in this town. Just sayin'. (No chemical analyzer... only the ones in the town's 'secret lab' work for that step...)

Xenia and her 'guard dog' Pinky are all set to hold up in Strangerville in their new 'Safe House' and figure out what this mystery is all about! Pinky has loyal, jumpy, and sleuth traits. Will she run and hide or bark at strangers? Or will she assist Xenia with her mystery? Xenia has ‘nerd brain’, bookworm and paranoid traits, which matches up well with the lot traits of Private Dwelling, Science Lair, and Peace & Quiet. It’s as if these two were made for this lot… or was it the lot was made for them? I forget…
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods. Pictures by #Super_Love_Sims #AnnaVelannA #simsationaltoo (plus my sim)
    TWITTER TAG: @SheriGr
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    AZZqhM6.jpg
    qP7iPw8.jpg
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    edited April 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SheriGR
    ORIGIN ID: SheriGR
    HOUSEHOLD: The Ville Duo
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/8kZUmqH
    ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia and her 'guard dog' Pinky are all set to hold up in Strangerville in their new 'Safe House' and figure out what this mystery is all about!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Xenia has ‘Nerd Brain’, ‘Bookworm’, and ‘Paranoid’ traits. Pinky has Loyal’, ‘Jumpy’, and ‘Sleuth’ traits.
    cDpHNo6.jpg
    Something seriously strange is going on in this town. (And yes, she is being paranoid, but for good reason... There IS something seriously strange going on in Strangerville!!
    p1N37d6.jpg

Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    edited April 2019
    Sims 4 Gallery
    CHALLENGE #116 – Safe House
    FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LOT: Secret Scientist's Shack
    LOT COST: $2,000
    LOT NAME: Pier Palace, Windenburg
    GALLERY COST: $ 42,998
    TOTAL COST: $44,998
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Xenia's Secret Scientist's Shack
    (Sim entry slide show) Here

ENTRY DETAILS: I imagined Xenia to be both eccentric and a little loony so a run down house seemed fitting. There nobody would even expect anyone to live and she could carry on with her secret experiments safe from government agents and snoopy neighbors. Bring your imagination and come along for a tour!

kARyvpB.png
    sbt8LzS.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top