March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is my ceiling?

PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
I would be very thankful for some help from experienced builders.
In a house I'm building, one of the rooms is missing two rows of ceiling tiles, as seen in the picture below. (I love painting my ceilings in a wood pattern, otherwise I might not have noticed this.
lARBHZS.jpg

But the balcony above this room isn't missing any floor tiles.
rduhAV4.jpg

A side view to show that the outer edges of the balcony are directly above the outer edges of the room.
vNtYXGV.jpg

Does anyone know what is making these floor tiles visible from above, but invisible (or nonexistent?) from below?

Comments

• ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Is that tree on the lot? If it is try moving it cause it looks like it's clipping the house whether or not that is whats causing the problem not sure.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @ScottDemon , thank you for the suggestion! The tree was outside the lot, but I was able to delete it in World Editor. That in itself made no change, but after I deleted and rebuilt that part of the balcony floor, the room had a complete ceiling! I don't actually know if it was deleting the tree or just deleting and rebuilding the floor that helped, but yay! The room now looks how I wanted it to look like!

mYKz337.jpg

ZTaboKw.jpg

3uzSIXk.jpg
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    I think this is just a common glitch. I run across this often when I build and what you did (deleting the floor tiles and then adding them back) is the fix that always works for me. The ceiling always comes back afterwards :)

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I run into that problem when I use MOO as well. Often the floor tiles look great from above, but the ceiling tiles in areas where I used moved objects above will disappear. I move the objects and delete the floor tile and replace it and the ceiling. Then, I use MOO to replace my objects and turn off MOO again.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited April 2019
    This happens to me a lot!!! It gets really frustrating though because when I'm at the picture taking point is when I'll notice all these missing ceiling tiles, and many times I've had to move a lot of items out of the way so I can delete the floor space above it. But yes, just deleting the floor tiles and replacing them often solves the problem. Glad you figured it out. :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have that happen too but I've been using @SimEve fix since she discovered it. It's much easier than having to move everything. I honestly can't think of a time this hasn't worked.

http://createveworks.blogspot.com/2013/07/ceiling-tile-fix.html
    Post edited by romagi1 on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Thanks for that @romagi1! I hadn't thought to drag a tile over the empty spots before. Now I can't wait to try that out!