Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! In what folder to place different kinds of costum neighborhoods in TS2 UC?

IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
edited April 2019 in The Sims 2
Hello everyone!
After quite some different variations of the title of this discussion searched into google I just decided to come here, since I can't really find what I'm specifically looking for, or maybe I'm just not searching right, but I have decided I will ask my questions here and come back to this anytime I need it.
So I would really appreciate if someone could tell me the paths for where to place different types of neighborhoods I install (like main neighbourhoods, shopping districts, downtowns, vacation spots etc, not SC4 terrains). I know some of those require mods and I am planning on using some. I decided to ask this since I downloaded some not so new worlds and the READ ME files only have instructions for TS2, not UC, and honestly when I go to programs/origin games/ts2 UC..., and see all the different expansion pack names and go into them and then see even more stuff, I get really confused, and I honestly don't have any idea. I remember installing some worlds last year before I formatted my pc, and even then I remember putting university worlds as main worlds since I had no idea what I was doing. So if anyone could help me with the paths, I would greatly appreciate it!
Post edited by Iceey on

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi :)

Let me help with one at a time. Pick one you want to install, with its name, and I'll give you the path. :)

Main neighborhoods you want to add to play-
    Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Neighborhoods

If you're adding or editing the subhoods............

Business district subhood
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

Bon Voyage subhoods path
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

Downtown Subhood
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

University Subhoods
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\EP1\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

(don't forget to backup your originals)
  • Options
    IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

Let me help with one at a time. Pick one you want to install, with its name, and I'll give you the path. :)

Main neighborhoods you want to add to play-
    Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Neighborhoods

If you're adding or editing the subhoods............

Business district subhood
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

Bon Voyage subhoods path
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

Downtown Subhood
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

University Subhoods
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\EP1\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

(don't forget to backup your originals)

Thanks a bunch! That's exactly what I needed beacuse ye, I am a cc hoarder so I like adding things to the game quite often and saw some very pretty worlds. And ye I do backup my game quite some, cuz I am a family player and if I lost all the families I've made, I'd literally die. Was starting to think no one would ever reply, that's why I inserted that help :#
    I appreciate you replying to this. :)