Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2019
    @LMC6255

At the top of the page next to the notifications is a little letter icon where you can send PMs or this link. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/messages/all If you mouse over it you should have the option to write a new message. Under recipients send it to ADWILSON.

*Edit* I found a post about becoming a full member. It may be helpful for finding out why you couldn't paste the letter?
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Thank you Jessabeans.. I will give that a try..
    I checked the letter icon and it has an inbox, but no box for sending messages out... Another member has to send me a message first and then I can respond by sending one back, but for some reason it doen't let me initiate the process... :(
    Hello and welcome to @Hidehi and @SamelaRita.
    edited April 2019
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    I checked the letter icon and it has an inbox, but no box for sending messages out... Another member has to send me a message first and then I can respond by sending one back, but for some reason it doen't let me initiate the process... :(

AD checks the thread fairly often, I'm sure she won't mind initiating a PM to you when she sees that you can not. I am sorry this isn't helpful right now but I didn't want to leave you hanging without a response. I hope you can get your member status soon.
    Addy did send me a message and she is going to help me with posting the letter since I'm a new member.. I even figured out a way to get around links.. I know everything will work out in the end.. Thank you Jessabean for all your help.. I feel so much better now.. I was so frustrated earlier this afternoon trying to figure out the forum.. a lot of the rules are catch 22.. If you don't have someone to help you, there is very little chance of going from new member to member...
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Here is LMC6255's letter that was sent to me earlier.
    **fingers crossed** that she'll achieve full member status soon!

Username: LMC6254

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: LMC6254

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All except Supernatural

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except Katy Perry Sweet Treats

I own the following Store Content: To much to list, but I don't have all the store content.. I have a few venues, some sets, compellations, lots of build and buy items and all the free promotional items given by EA such as the Renault Tweeler car...

I own the following EA-made Worlds:Riverview, Sunlit Tides (standard) Midnight Hollow (standard) Monte Vista, and Barnacle Bay...

Some of my favorite colors are:I like all colors...

I really don’t like this color: none

I love to use items from this set:I like the Bayside Kitchen, Seaside Shanty, and sets like Provence..

I prefer to play in this EA-made World:Sunset Valley

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):I really like Sunset Valley two by Magic Dancer
    Sunset Valley 2

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) I enjoy all building styles.. I really like Victorian

I really don’t want this in my game:I can't think of anything..

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) between 20 x 20 and 40 x 40...

I want/don’t want berry sims: Please, no berry sims..

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) Please, no occult sims.. I have a realistic play style...

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) Cats with the neat trait, and dogs that are none destructive are great.. Critter are ok to.. I do like tidy animals...I guess you can tell I don't have any pet in real life...

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) It's fine whatever skill level.. If they have some job skills that would be fantastic!

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Being able to do some basic cooking would be fantastic, even a cooking class or some reading does wonders.. And if they are handy, that is wonderful.. Neat sims are also awesome!

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skill objects would be awe-sim!) An easel, computer, and a book shelf...

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) That depends on whether the house can have a car port or at least a place to put a bike rack.. Usually a car if not a scooter or bike is great..

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) Thank you so much for the opportunity of letting me join in on this gift exchange! It is wonderful to get to work with so many talented Simmers! Addy thank you for all your help!

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    Thanks for your help earlier @Jessabeans
    MUCH appreciated! :)
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @LMC6255 ,

I'm so glad to read that you are entering Addy's AMayzing Gift Exchange and finally decided to take part in some of the Forum activities :D
    I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun!
    Keeping fingers crossed that you achieve member status very soon. :) x
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Buddy Letter form:

Username: ShanTheEmolga

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!): https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ShanTheEmolga (yes I can upload things)

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: Master suite, High end loft stuff

I own the following Store Content: n/a

I own the following EA-made Worlds: n/a

Some of my favorite colors are: Green, purple, blue

I really don’t like this color: n/a

I love to use items from this set: n/a

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Sunset valley, twin brook, or starlight shores

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): n/a

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern): Ranch, craftsman, any is fine

I really don’t want this in my game: n/a

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!): I’m really not picky when it comes to it but I perfer to play on 40 by 40 lots or 50 by 50 lots.

I want/don’t want berry sims: No thanks.

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) I’m fine with any occult sim.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!): Maybe a horse.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out): A few points assigned to random tasks, not maxed out.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!): Maybe a high level in the writing skill?

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skill objects would be awe-sim!) It’s up to the builder

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.): By car.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)
    N/A

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
    Oh hamburgers!
    Welcome @Bubbz3388
    Thank YOU for joining ... it's lovely seeing another new Buddy :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @LMC6255 it's great to see you here. We'll give you all the "likes" you need to make full member. You just need to make enough posts. ; }

You probably can't "quote" yet. If you could, you could quote Addy's post with your letter into your own post and then we could "like" that for you too. It's silly that you can't cut and paste or edit, but we had some nasty spammers in the past; so, this is how EA responded.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    @LMC6255 it's great to see you here. We'll give you all the "likes" you need to make full member. You just need to make enough posts. ; }

You probably can't "quote" yet. If you could, you could quote Addy's post with your letter into your own post and then we could "like" that for you too. It's silly that you can't cut and paste or edit, but we had some nasty spammers in the past; so, this is how EA responded.

Thanks for helping @ciane :) Always MUCH appreciated!
    I sent the link showing what was needed to become a full member and from what I can tell, it looks like all that's needed is for @LMC6255 to write a few more posts.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Whoa. We're popular!

@LMC6255, you're going to be a member real soon. Just keep posting and we'll keep 'liking'.

@Bubbz3388, welcome!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited April 2019
    'ello

Username: Mmdrgntobldrgn

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Mmdrgntobldrgn (note fr's tend to end up in long limbo's)

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All

I own the following Store Content: All, but a few bonus items like the treasure hunt set

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: Not pastels! Blue's, green's, pink's, grey's, and black

I really don’t like this color: Anything pastel, sorry but the 80s & 90s overindulgence of pastels really ruined it for me.

I love to use items from this set: No one favorite set, I tend to mix and match, depending on what I'm aiming for, unless I'm showcasing something.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Dragon Valley, although I've been branching out and revisiting other worlds like Hidden Springs, Lucky Palms, and Riverview

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): Almost any world by Rflong http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.com/ (psst, she's working on a new one https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/945497/its-been-a-long-while/p1 , but it might be bigger than my pc can handle)

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) Rustic, classic Victorian, classic modern's small to medium size without to much clutter/decor

I really don’t want this in my game: Pastels ;)

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) Depending on the game I'm ranging between the 20x30 to 40x40 lot's right now. I've noticed that sims get more done on smaller lots than larger if there's to much walk distance.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I love berry/rainbow/whimsical sims, some of my sims are very unique in appearance, while others are very generic humanish looking. :)

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) I have no problem with occult sims, all sims regardless of anything (even pastel ones) are welcome in my game.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) I love pets, but tend to stick them in npc houses instead of the active house due to past problems. I think I'll be using one of my current games to explore if the pc (it's been upgraded) can handle pets now.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) I'm good either way, for me half the fun is exploring the different trait's & LTW through a sim's lifetime. ... probably should skip green thumbs and the perfect garden ltw; I've played so many of those as a default it's not funny, lol.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Up to the giftee, I really can go either way.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skill objects would be awe-sim!) Ditto the above - Up to the giftee, I really can go either way.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) However they feel like.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) I tend to play challenges and legacy style/themed challenges the most, especially challenges that take a sim straight from cas into the big bold world and they have to make their way from nothing to something. Challenges I've played most are: The apocalypse challenge, the renovation challenge, the looser challenge, random legacy, The "Nothing Is Free" Challenge, and the broke start challenge. I'm also not above blending multiple challenges into one. ;)

For an idea of what some of how I play check out the blog links below or http://mamadragonssims.weebly.com/ (my current active blog). Above and beyond everything else, I love a good backstory ... you could probably even get me to play a pastel sim ... that gives the why and how along with what the sim is hoping to accomplish in their life.

The one thing I don't do/play is sims based off of rl people (despite a few honorary memorium sims I've made), I also don't feel the need to make over every townie/npc that crosses my path, I enjoy seeing the randomness that the game mechanics creates for outfits ... I've seen some really unique sims that would give rl punks a run for the money, lol.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates. ~ Tuesday's will be tricky for me, but I can make it work. Mama D.

~ end of form ~

Ps, As a general rule of thumb I try to stay away from using to much cfe (constrain floor elevation) & moo. Yes it allows for some great builds, but I sometimes run into lag issues when npc's try to route through/around/into something built with a ton of moo or cfe.
    Post edited by Mmdrgntobldrgn on
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Hello Addy, Thank you for posting the form letter for me and for all your help.. I am so happy I have the points, I am so grateful to everyone who gave me a like or other reaction! I couldn't do with the help! I will hopefully get enough posts soon.. By post it means comment only, right? I don't have to start a subject, I'm a newbie so I still have questions... I know this will be a really fun event!
    Hello Hidehi, Ciane and 60smusicluvr, thank you so much for your help and support! Hopefully I will have full member status soon... Thank you for the warm welcome, being new here it means a lot! I know this is going to be great fun! I look foward to seeing all your builds this year!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

WoW! I miss checking in for one day and I have a lot of reading to catch up on.
    Welcome to the gift exchange to all the first timers, you will have fun here for sure.
    Welcome back @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Your builds and stories are such fun & I really look forward to seeing what you come up with!
    @LMC6255 sorry for any confusion regarding this ... yes, each time you "leave a comment" it increases your post count.
    I'm not sure if new members can start a discussion or not, but leaving comments is much simpler in my opinion.
    You're almost there!!
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Addy.. I am glad it is just comments... I just wanted to make sure...
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Wow! :o What a lot of new buddies and a great group we have going here. Welcome to everyone new and old friends, too. @MsPrissy88 Are we scary? Boy, I hope not. :D
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @LMC6255 It really doesn't take too long anymore (they made it easier) to get member status. Keep making some comments here and anyplace else on the forum you like, and we'll keep giving you some "likes" and "awesomes," and you'll be a full member probably today.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Awesome news! I have just been made a member a few minutes ago! Thank you for all your help and support! I appreciate all the likes and awesomes! It is so nice to be able to post links and send PM's..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top