Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghosts?

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    Despite being a supernatural fan, I haven't actually played with ghosts much. I prefer my sims to be solid and not always glowing different colours. My main household did live in a house with the haunted lot trait, but I ended up removing it since ghosts moving things all the time was becoming a nuisance. I didn't mind them breaking things as much since it was helpful for building handiness, but I can see how that can be annoying too. My vampire sim is still good friends with Mimsy the ghost at Von Haunt Estate though and I've also thought about adopting a ghost child or pet into the household. I find it bothersome though that ghosts apparently have the same needs as living sims. Energy perhaps I can understand, but hunger (if they didn't die of starvation) and bladder? My vampire doesn't even have those needs.
  • Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    I wanted to keep my sim's girlfriend's ghost around but she was constantly breaking all the appliances in the house and it got to be too much......
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2019
    Depends on the ghost. My game never cull Micheals Bachelors Ghost so Dina can be with her true love, I've kept Skip Broke around but on restarting I decided Brandi will marry a bum to try help with the bills. Generally though I'm happy to let them go when it's their time

There's also an achievement for filling a house with ghosts if that means anything
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    Ghosts are too annoying and too much like regular sims for me in sims 4. I liked them in 3 a lot more but still didnt really play them. I loved the way they looked with their different causes of death. the sims 4 ghosts arent distinct or elaborate enough imo
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I keep the urn/tombstones but I let the ghosts fade away on their own time. I used to force it and send them away because I didn’t like having ghosts in my relationship pane. But now I just let it happen organically.

So when they fade over time, are they never supposed to come back? I remembered just now in my legacy game my sim in gen 11 found a family members ghost from gen 2-3 and I don’t even know where his urn is. I moved around a lot but I was finding him everywhere I went

It’s my understanding that once they fade away, you can’t bring them back to life or summon them anymore. I believe people were complaining initially that Sims die and disappear too soon so that’s when they implemented this whole “btw, your ghost is about to disappear, just a reminder” thing. That’s basically what that warning is, giving you one last chance to save them if you want to. You can also extend their time a little bit. There’s an option for it if you click on them in your relationship panel.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    It could be a fun way to fill a save. Two sims in one new household.. then set one of them up for their death type (with no skills some deaths happen faster). Then move the ghost to the community lot .. or move them back into their first household and play in rotation. I think we need a ghost of every type challenge :).

He-he... I might have already completed that challenge. ^_^;; But I can write one up anyways. There actually are 10 base game deaths, so it could be a generational challenge... the older generation must die in a specific way, and you must bring their ghost back. (Maybe have a separate "ghost house" to move them into afterwards.)

Looked up how many deaths there are if you include all the expansion packs, there's 21.

I'm gonna write this challenge now. It sounds like fun.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I like seeing them in appropriate settings. At Ghost Night or a haunted lot is great. If we had cemeteries I'd expect to see them there. I dont want them at every random place though. I don't want them asking my Sim out to dinner lmao
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I went and wrote the challenge up. Took longer than I thought, but I had a good time with it:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957701/the-10-generations-10-ghosts-challenge
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Nice @katrinasforest. I've never ever been able to play legacy style. Maybe there's a first time for everything! The ghost challenge does look good!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DorothyDorothy Posts: 62 Member
    I have the Goth family bloodline and i until now sended them away in a cute graveyard i made especially for my (and for the rest) sims.
    I forgot to what generetion im in but im planing to revive one of my old sim....if its possible because its such a long time that have got away....
    Also i dont know how but i have became the favorite of the Ghosts tbt. In sims 3 i was the Alien favorite (not that i aint anymore lmao) but everytime something new pops up here i have a call by my loved ones ( the deseased family members). I dont know if its a bug but i like that i have a change to talk with them again.
    Btw nice thread you made. I love Ghosts, Aliens and everuthing in this game :blush:
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited April 2019
    I still don't have much experience of TS4 ghosts, but by now I have dealt with them like this. If the deceased sim wasn't that important to my sims (or me) I just send their spirit away quickly, but if they were dear to someone I like to keep the ghost around till my sim is ready to let them go. So I'm kind of giving my sim time to accept the death and chat with their loved one. If the sim doesn't believe in supernatural I see it as a psychological thing that is going on in their head, but if they believe in ghosts I play it so that they really see the spirit and the spirit is there (other sims around them might find it weird though).

I currently have only one sim, Tessa Pancakes, who really believes in ghosts and she is turning the Pancakes home into a haunted house :D She doesn't want to let her mother or husband (Hugo Villareal) go and keeps giving them offerings and chatting with them. She might even ask Hugo to move in.

I think the ghosts are quite a fun addition, at least they are quite easy to get rid of if I don't need them. I might prefer not to see them in community lots though. I liked it when the ghost of Hugo called Tessa and congratulated her on giving birth to their child, especially because that was the first time Tessa heard of Hugo after his death and it made her wait for his visit. Anyhow, that was the first time a ghost has contacted my sim via phone, so if that happens really often and with a different sim it most likely gets annoying. I might treat those calls as prank calls then.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    to be honest i hate the fact that they brough ghost back to the sims4 in the first patch i never wanted ghost to return so i have disable them with the mcc mod
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Despite being a supernatural fan, I haven't actually played with ghosts much. I prefer my sims to be solid and not always glowing different colours. My main household did live in a house with the haunted lot trait, but I ended up removing it since ghosts moving things all the time was becoming a nuisance. I didn't mind them breaking things as much since it was helpful for building handiness, but I can see how that can be annoying too. My vampire sim is still good friends with Mimsy the ghost at Von Haunt Estate though and I've also thought about adopting a ghost child or pet into the household. I find it bothersome though that ghosts apparently have the same needs as living sims. Energy perhaps I can understand, but hunger (if they didn't die of starvation) and bladder? My vampire doesn't even have those needs.

I haven't gotten around to playing ghosts yet, so I was wondering if they still randomly break things as member of your household?
    I agree with the bladder and hunger, it doesn't make sense and it would be nice if they had a perk to make up for the frustration.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    treece01 wrote: »
    I haven't gotten around to playing ghosts yet, so I was wondering if they still randomly break things as member of your household? I agree with the bladder and hunger, it doesn't make sense and it would be nice if they had a perk to make up for the frustration.

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm assuming if you play without free will on that playable ghosts will only possess and breaks objects when you tell them to? And that their behaviour will depend on their cause of death and mood (e.g. ghosts that died from electrocution can break electronics when angry)? I've also heard that ghosts can possess and 'ghostly repair' broken objects anyway though, which is handy.
  • Options
    Pazurkiewicz2000Pazurkiewicz2000 Posts: 17 Member
    I think that ghost in the sims 4 are boring but I usually keep them
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Can ghosts join clubs if you make them playable? If so I'd consider it so Gunther could hang out with the Munch family club.

I created a cemetery lot with a nightclub on it so my sims can go party with ghosts when they want to, but I don't keep them in my houses because the haunting is irritating. So far Gunther is the only dead sim in this save though.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Daephene. Yes ghosts can join or run clubs if you make them playable.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    My main family is a Vampire with an Alien wife, so I'm not part of the anti-supernatural crowd. I considered just letting the alien die, and bringing the ghost back instead of perpetually postponing birthdays, but from what I remember, playable ghost were just way too clunky to work with regularly.
    If the implementation was better, it would be different, but they're just an annoyance for me. Same with plantsims this time around, yeah remember them? They're solid, professional, competent work for original content; it's not as if this is the third time we've seen these things or anything.
    Taking my alien to the jungle, getting skeletonized from a chest, and having absolutely nothing happen is the entire TS4 experience distilled.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I loke the ghost in the game, but I kust wish that they would not replace alive sim roles(e.g. DJ, Bartenders, Doctors, etc...) I remember when Get To Work came out, and saw that all of mu co-workers are ghost. It made my sim quit that career. I never sent anyone in that save game to the hospital ever again, it breaks the immersion for me.
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I keep them, but they do annoy me when they constantly break objects.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm curious to know how other players deal with ghosts. In all my previous games I have always sent ghosts away but in my new game I'm considering keeping them around. Do you find ghosts annoying or a fun addition to your games?

To me, they are fun additions, and after a while vanish anyway. I refer keeping the urns or graves on the lot as a kind of reminders of the story of the household.

Furthermore, I feel like ghosts from known sims are welcome memories when appearing at hunted households or ghost nights at bars. At least those ghosts have story lines in my games.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    It could be a fun way to fill a save. Two sims in one new household.. then set one of them up for their death type (with no skills some deaths happen faster). Then move the ghost to the community lot .. or move them back into their first household and play in rotation. I think we need a ghost of every type challenge :).

That photo gives the female Sim a totally insane look. I do hope she's not the Mom. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    This discussion has really made me consider playing with ghosts more and possibly even turning my vampire sim's daughter into an eternal child ghost at some point. It would be tragic at first, but at least they would be together again and also together forever. What are people's favourite and least favourite ghost types to play?
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Ghosts? I love them! I play rotational and I have many of them. I have many stories with ghosts, and even a club (I like a little chaos in my game):

cFZObpB.png

I created some ghosts but many of them are "rescued ghosts" (as the cute Candy Behr, long story...).

One of my main characters is a ghost, Marguerite: she was isolated at a San Myshuno Apartment, by now she has lived in many worlds and now is married to Caleb Vatore; and she has a zombie hound :p

BQ60XCc.png
  • Options
    jripliejriplie Posts: 31 Member
    I usually get rid of my ghost either by sending them to nether or deleting the family. I only use them to help my narrative along occasionally.