March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premades that age up badly

eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
Oh boy... one of my sims is best friends with Elsa Bjergsen, and I'm planning to have them date when they become teens. Well, Elsa aged up into a teen, and she looked a little different to what I expected...
lKjU6R3.png
I don't understand how she aged up so bad, I've had it with other sims like Lucas Munch, but I always thought the Bjergsens were a safe bet! It goes without saying that I went straight into cas.fulleditmode to make her look more like herself again! So what I want to know is, what premades have you seen age up well, and what ones age up not so well? Are there any premades with nearly guaranteed good genes? Or do you always drag them into CAS as well?

Comments

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I always thought she looked nice. But then again I use a few default CC.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Ah, maybe I just get bad luck with my sims then! :D
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    literally all of them
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I once had a strange facial glitch with Elsa that distorted her cheeks, so I corrected it in CAS. Very rarely do I use it to edit a premade’s appearance. Oftentimes I find that it’s just a matter of finding the right hair and outfit to fit the sim.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    eeeyun wrote: »
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Ah, maybe I just get bad luck with my sims then! :D

It could be worst though, I've seen others that make Elsa up there seem rather average lol. This is how she randomly aged up in my saves:

tumblr_p1nl9rlvUt1rz1zglo6_1280.png

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sometimes I get some premades that seem to turn out okay. Lucas didn't turn out nearly as bad as he did in one of my usual saves and awkward looking. The Delgato girl ALWAYS looks weird probably the worse out of the bunch had to downsize her nose a lot because she looked literally nothing like her parents and more of a caricature. Elsa actually turned out really pretty in a real old save of mine.

5KYHQO0.png?1

Had to give her a a hairstyle like the one she had or else her head always looks like it's way too small. Billie Jang turns out pretty cute when she gets older and Olive Lewis too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    A lot of the premades have weird features to start with. When they age up it’s always worse.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    The kids from the I think the Parenthood pack age up REALLY badly iirc. Unfortunately, what makes a cute toddler or kid doesn't always translate into a cute adult. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited April 2019
    I already had these pictures because I posted them in another thread a while ago. Anyway, I had a similar experience with Evie Delgato from Brindleton Bay. She was friends with the offspring of one my Sims when they were children. I thought it would be cute if they dated as teenagers. So the day after he aged up I invited her over and this is what she looked like:

EzAfiZw.jpg

I had to edit her in CAS and I think she turned out really cute:

UZMe4Dr.jpg

I think that editing is definitely necessary in some cases. Alexander Goth is a good example for that. Bella is really pretty and Mortimer is reasonably handsome, but Alexander looks so weird when her grows up every time. But with a bit of editing he can look really handsome.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I feel like part of the problem is some of these kid sims are designed as uh... kids. Instead of doing what I do and genetic-ing and designing them as teens and then aging them down.

So since they never hit the teen button they look cute as kids, but then holy moly on aging up. I always thought Elsa was cute tho- just needed a different hairstyle and some skin details.

You also see this with the Sigworth’s kid. I uh. Had to shrink her head by A LOT. The problem is she didn’t even look like her parents!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited April 2019
    Elsa always looked nice in my game, and I played with her childrens, my avie is one of hers. also I have 2 saves in which my sims is always marrying Elsa.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    For me, Alexander Goth is the best. I don't have very many packs though... but Orange Bailey-Moon isn't that bad.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    Omg not a premade but Vlads kids always come out with the strangest facial structures!!
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Its the fact they have no genes, because when you start out you got all theese random traits, because there is no mom day sister or brother to draw from, plus until they fix the family tree stuff its not likely going to improve, because it keeps dropping so often the parents, expecially if they die and been dead for a while.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Its the fact they have no genes, because when you start out you got all theese random traits, because there is no mom day sister or brother to draw from, plus until they fix the family tree stuff its not likely going to improve, because it keeps dropping so often the parents, expecially if they die and been dead for a while.

What? That has nothing to do with this.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    The daughter of the couple from Strangerville, her face is so squished in, she has no chin! Visible when she ages to teen
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    All the sims look awful to me with the skin textures. And they all look similar too. That’s why I use a default replacement skin, although I’m looking into more to have some variety.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Elsa was a bit strange in my game too. Unfortunately for the way that I am, I try my best to leave premades as is. I don’t really like messing with their genetics and such. But there are some exceptions, when features are far too unrealistically exaggerated for my liking. :D
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Christie Sigworth in StrangerVille. I don't like to edit the premades' faces too much but I did edit her.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited April 2019
    @eeeyun She doesn't look that bad to me. A little plain, but not bad at all. Maybe change her hairstyle and add a little light lipstick and maybe a light blush to brighten up the face a bit, and she'll be fine. I don't like too much makeup on my sims, if any but sometimes put on a light or skin toned lipstick if they look a little plain.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I don't see anything wrong with her. She has a face that could benefit from a little makeup, but other than that she looks fine to me.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don't see anything wrong with her. She has a face that could benefit from a little makeup, but other than that she looks fine to me.

I agree. I was surprised when I saw this as I've always found Elsa quite pretty? She just needs a little makeover - with a new hairstyle, eyebrows and wardrobe, and perhaps a little make-up, she'll look fabulous.
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I find with any sim, pre-made or not, as teens they always look weird, but I tend to keep them that way because it's realistic! No-one can be hot all the way through puberty! They usually even out once they hit young adult.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    For me, Alexander Goth is the best. I don't have very many packs though... but Orange Bailey-Moon isn't that bad.

I agree with Alexander Goth. He always age up ugly in my game.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Lucas Munch and Max Villareal
    ihavemultiplegamertags