Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What mods do you use?

I know there’s a lot of mods out there, but I don’t actually use any. What mods do you use and how do they benefit your gameplay?
F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€

Comments

• JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    I use A mod that stops Sims from gaining or losing weight/muscles since I hate how quick the game will change it and want my sims to look how I made them. I can change it up latter with cas.fulleditmode if I wish.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Traits, aspirations, careers.
    Some LittleMsSam mods
    Meaningful Stories
    Explore Mod
    Private Practice
    Sunburns mod
    Some pregnancy mods
    A few others
    Just realistic mods that add to game play not make it easier.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Let's see... most of them are by KawaiiStacie, just specifying, and I use Slice of Life, More Schools, University, Prom, Reality TV Show, Hair Stylist,
    to name a few. I also use the Ultrasound mod.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Slice of life
    Meaningfull stories
    Explore mod
    Ultrasound
    Baby shower
    Funeral
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2019
    I can't play without MC Command Center.
    I recently installed a mod that prevents festival clothing but I haven't got a chance to test it yet. I need to go to a festival to see how it works.
    Other than that I avoid filling my game with tons of script mods because they sometimes conflict with eachother, hard to keep them all updated, they can easily break my game so I stick with just MCCC and it's more than enough for me. I once tried the serial killer mod and killer todlers mod but it broke my game right away. It was fun but created bugs and errors, then suddenly my game stopped working, refused to restart, I had to restore all the game files to run it again. It broke the game files LOL Those kind of stuff is always unstable so I stay away.

On the other hand I've got a lot of CC of course, furniture, clothing, make up, hair styles, skin tones, default eye replacement, no mosaic patch, etc. Those are ok.

• notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    MCCC is a MUST for me. Also recently added Slice of Life. Really enjoying that one.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The must have mods I use are MCCC, one that controls with whom a sim can perform romantic interactions, and one that allows teens to gain the parenting skill (if they help with younger sibblings).
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    MCCC
    Extreme Violence
    Explore mod
    Slice of life
    Ultrasound Mod
    2 that are by Sacrificial and may not be
    allowed to be mentioned on here
    1 that is definitely not allowed to be
    mentioned on here :)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    MCCC, Slice of Life, Extreme Violence, and the one that can't be mentioned here -cough- WW -cough-
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Way too many. Everything by roburky, scumbumbo, simrealist, most of littlemssam mods, a lot of bienchen83 mods, most of coolspear mods, Mccc and the two mods that shall not be named.
    edited April 2019
    I find it weird how the extreme violence mod is okay to mention but not a certain other mod cause why is violence, murder good for kids but not "other activities" that absolutely are necessary in life and violence is never needed?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited April 2019
    MCCC, of course. UIcheats, because every sim needs to be friends with every other sim, it seems, and also for those late night invites to awesome parties at the Bluff, when your sim is dead tired. *sigh* Also, SimInfo, because more info is more good (also for checking if a sim is pregnant, before it shows) I also have one that shall not be named.

ETA: I forgot I also have a mod to stop sims from shoveling snow autonomously (because its pointless)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I find it weird how the extreme violence mod is okay to mention but not a certain other mod cause why is violence, murder good for kids but not "other activities" that absolutely are necessary in life and violence is never needed?

Also because the mod that shall not be named can be used only for it's realism features if you don't install animations for the said activities... In fact it adds personality to the sims too.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    My two main mods is MCCC and SOL. Other than that I have UI Cheats, More CAS columns, Smaller mosaic, more club icons, a ton of LMS ones, quite a few of bienchen mods, some coolspear, cyclelegs, Scumbumbo... a large variety of random other mods, some to stop or lessen actions (less city living names, no celebrity walk style, etc), allow kids to drink more things (tea and rootbeer since that one seems to keep getting messed up). Some vampire mods (to stop invasions, etc).

Just a ton of them.
    p8L4V6v.png
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

Also because the mod that shall not be named can be used only for it's realism features if you don't install animations for the said activities... In fact it adds personality to the sims too.

Yes that too. But like... how is the mention of violence and everything that comes with that mod okay? I have never owned the mod cause it looks horrifying to me but I've seen people use it on YT and it blows my mind how this is allowed here and the other one isn't. But at the same time the s4 officials are trying to open people to lgbt too. It's beyond odd.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited April 2019
    Mccc sometimes
    A foster care mod so that my Sims can have foster kids and find adoptive parents for them.
    A mod that locks the computer to one person so that other people can't use it
    The mod that lets them be a dancer for a career
    Some extra traits mod
    I've installed a a couple of files from Slice of Life as well, but I don't use the full mod or even half of it, just a small portion of it
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    - MCCC. I know most use it to add story progression, I have tuned my to do exactly the opposite. It is very handy, very customizeable and if you feel overwhelmed by all the options, you can start with the base module and add the others later as you need them.

- RoBurky Fitness controls
    I only use the option to stopp weight and muscle changes of unplayed sims. Only my active household is subjects to that now.
    There's more that you can do with this mod, but this is the most important function to me.

- Self-configureable autonomy mod by Scumbumbo
    An easy way to disable unwanted autonomous sims actions.

I use lots of others for convenience, but these three are my game changers that I recommend to everyone.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Slice of Life, Road to Fame, a bunch of Little Miss Sam's mods, and basemental drugs.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2019
    I use a ton of mods: new careers, new traits, clothes, objects, skin features, eyelashes, etc. Some of my favorites are PralineSims' mouth corners (ignore the picture in the top left):
    40578472433_c63e592322_m.jpgPralineSims' Awesome Mouth Corners by Simmy McSimmerson, on Flickr

They can make Sims go from this:
    32601927457_450d81634f_m.jpgBefore Mouth Corners by Simmy McSimmerson, on Flickr

to this:
    40578472523_026045bb6c_m.jpgAfter Mouth Corners by Simmy McSimmerson, on Flickr

I'm also using them for the Sim in my current avatar.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    All of them 😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    edited May 2019
    MCCC, Slice of Life, Extreme Violence, and the one that can't be mentioned here -cough- WW -cough-

:D I know just mod of -ahem- xD fun but addiction haha!
    Post edited by Emo-usagi2187 on
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    MCCC
    Lots of LittleMsSam mods
    UICheats (primarily used to delete death moodlets, because, really, my sims aren’t going to mourn a sim they didn’t know for two days just because they’re related to them)
    NoBlu lighting mod
    A mod that removes the tv distortion that happens when you speed the game up
    A mod that lets me set the chance of objects breaking

And some other misc mods that I can’t recall off the top of my head.
    MCCC
    Lots of LittleMsSam mods
    UICheats (primarily used to delete death moodlets, because, really, my sims aren’t going to mourn a sim they didn’t know for two days just because they’re related to them)
    NoBlu lighting mod

@AfterMidnight I'd check to see if you even need that mod to remove tv distortion anymore. I believe MCCC does that, too, now.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    MCCC
    Lots of LittleMsSam mods
    NoBlu lighting mod

@AfterMidnight I'd check to see if you even need that mod to remove tv distortion anymore. I believe MCCC does that, too, now.
    Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to check that out next time I’m fiddling with the mod. :)
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    MCCC
    Lots of LittleMsSam mods
    NoBlu lighting mod

Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to check that out next time I’m fiddling with the mod. :)

@AfterMidnight I'm not sure you have to do anything. I'd just take the distortion mod out and do a test run. I never turned it on or anything, but I removed my distortion mod long ago. You are welcome :)
    p8L4V6v.png