Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Moodlets

My sim is never happy with the laundry, and I don't know how to help her. I dry the laundry and they complain for days that it is damp. I read somewhere you can check if the it is dry or still damp, but I have tried several times, and that isn't the option. When they aren't complaining it is damp they are complaining it is dirty, but I go to the washing machine and there is no option to do the laundry. I did a few loads the day before the moodlet popped up. Any suggestions on how to make my sim happy with their clothes?

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited April 2019
    Laundry does take a bit of getting used to. Your Sim has to take the laundry to the washing machine (load it), then turn on the washing machine (“wash laundry” interaction on the machine that only comes up when laundry is loaded in there); wait, then they have to take the laundry to a clothesline or dryer. Dryer works similar to the washing machine. Load and then Dry Laundry. Don’t forget to clean the lint try between loads of drying!

The option to “Unload and Put Laundry Away” should come up on the Dryer or Clothesline when dry. If in doubt hover the mouse over one of the lit up options available (I find that they don’t all always work, but one inevitably does); this should give you a tiny white pop up describing the state of the clothes.

Whew, hopefully something there helps?
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2019
    For me the status of the laundry usually is under the "unload and put laundry down" for some reason... it seems odd that you can't just check the status by hovering on the object.

Also, upgraded appliances are more efficient and give better results. Sometimes you have to wash or dry the laundry twice.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    Also.. there is options to add smelly stuff to your laundry .. either food or flowers.. Ive never added food, only the flowers.. my sim's LOVE the flowers in their laundry .. also, upgrade your washer and dryer.
  • Options
    JaeldawnJaeldawn Posts: 93 Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I put baskets in a bunch of rooms, and it seems there was ONE basket that I missed. Should I just stick to one basket, or is this how it should be?
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    If you use the dryer, you have to dry it at least twice... because it's silly like that.