Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The old "my sims won't propose/get married" chestnut.

My house was full, so I decided to marry off and move out the daughter who had resulted from "trying for baby" in the time machine.
First attempt - epic fail. BF turned out to be a loner and was not at all interested in marriage.

Second attempt - I couldn't get any further than "boyfriend". Oh he was interested in dating, alright - just erm not in buying the cow.... I moved her to a dump by herself in case the full house was preventing the marriage option. Still nada. Nightly dates, smooching, chatting - no proposal option.

So I cheated. I got tired of the lack of proposing and used NRAAS mod to change their status to married, then added him to her household. And that was when I discovered that although the poor girl was his girlfriend his love interest was someone entirely different. One, Penny Pincher. He was only up for some flirting, not forsome marrying of any other woman. The dirty rotten swine.

Unless you use a cheat you'd never realise that the less than ardent swain was not really interested in "forever". I guess that's like real life. Guy has his main squeeze and his side squeeze.

I evicted and deleted the pair of them from the game.

The End.

That does perhaps explain the question of why some sims just never get to "pop the question", no matter how long you try.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    You might have used MasterController, since you were there anyway, to investigate the BF's relationship status with others in town.

Or without cheating (formally), you might have on a test run switched households to play the BF for a short while to see what his problem was. I guess that was what you did end up doing, but I mean before forcing them to be a married couple. Not that I would ever consider running background checks on someone I cared about IRL, I understand that sometimes situations do call for them. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    It was an interesting learning experience with a "disposable" sim who resulted from me trying out the "try for baby" option in the time machine to see what happened. Not sure I want kids arriving in the family at the teenage stage again. Now I know what the romance problem is I shalln't bother wooing reluctant sims again. Many marriages I've made have happened with just one evening's dating and intensive romancing using the motive mobile to travel around town refreshing the sims until they get to the marriage proposal. So romances that go nowhere puzzled me. I wouldn't usually delete a sim, but having created a dysfunctional family by cheating I decided to call it a day with the pair of them.
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    Sooooooo I decided I might have been a little hasty in deleting two sims. I reverted to the back up copy of the game and tried again. This poor woman is now on her FOURTH different boyfriend in quick succession. Another evening's playing wasted on getting no further than "boyfriend". I found where the boyfriend lived and moved her in with him using Edit Town. Only to discover he was in love with Another. Guess who? Yes, Molly Coddle. Looks like all the guys in Twinbrook are mooning over Molly Coddle. I have found her house. I am going to get her. I foresee a lightning strike very shortly.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Molly is I am sure very nice, but you can't seriously expect sims in Twinbrook to behave rationally. Their drinking water has been tainted for generations, that has to have some effect after a while. (not sure what the excuses are in most of the other worlds...)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net