Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Look at what I found!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6munnxO11Fo

This was from 2013. Not sure about Vogue, but Nikkie did manage to travel the world a bit. :) Also, I was surprised when I saw a video in the sidebar with her, clicked it, and heard her speak English without a discernible accent :0
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Look at what I found!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6munnxO11Fo

This was from 2013. Not sure about Vogue, but Nikkie did manage to travel the world a bit. :) Also, I was surprised when I saw a video in the sidebar with her, clicked it, and heard her speak English without a discernible accent :0

I went and watched some of her videos after I saw her on WIDM XD Just to see what she was like :P

She speaks solely English, and doesn't seem to speak any Dutch in her videos XD Which is really crazy cause we pretty much ONLY heard her speak Dutch on WIDM XD hahaha What a twist!

She definitely DOES have an accent though. Even just a few seconds of hearing her speak, you can definitely tell she has an accent XD Maybe that's because I've been surrounded by Aussies and Canadians so both of those are like my norm.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Yeah, she definitely has an accent, but it's a light accent. I've heard Louis van Gaal (football coach) speak 'English'.... criiiiiinge :s Dutch sports people are usually not so good at speaking and sounding English.

https://youtu.be/AD1hJCYcpEs

Watch this for the most horrible English you've ever heard. Be warned :warning:
    Banner.png
    In the video, they do mention her having an accent, and that in recent ones she adopted a more "American" one.

And yeah, it's crazy because I got used to her speaking only Dutch during the show. I had no idea she did her videos in English. I suppose if you want to reach a wider audience, you have to speak the global lingua franca.

Louis van Gaal mostly seems to have a hard time finding the right words, and his English is a bit unidiomatic. But this pronunciation is just fine :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Yeah @ChocoCub I have a discord.
    And Instagram and Snapchat and twitch.ect . XD i'm in lots of places.

Didn't Nikki mention it somewhere in the show that she spoke mainly English on her youtube channel? And also. To sound like a plum what is unidiomatic? I honestly don't think I've heard that word before.
    I must have learned that word only within the last few years. It means that his speech tends to use expressions that aren't clear to native speakers of the language. At least, from the few seconds I've heard, it seems to be that way.

I must've missed the part where she said she mostly spoke English on her YouTube channel. People were shocked to learn that she was Dutch. Meanwhile, it was jarring for me to hear her in English when she almost exclusively spoke Dutch in WIDM. :D

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I must have learned that word only within the last few years. It means that his speech tends to use expressions that aren't clear to native speakers of the language. At least, from the few seconds I've heard, it seems to be that way.

I must've missed the part where she said she mostly spoke English on her YouTube channel. People were shocked to learn that she was Dutch. Meanwhile, it was jarring for me to hear her in English when she almost exclusively spoke Dutch in WIDM. :D

Make that the cat wise.
    Banner.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    *face palms* that now makes a lot of sense because it's obviously from the word idiom. I can not believe I didn't put that together.
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Anyone here uses discord? We could start a server :D

I have one as well.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    My boyfriend started reading Two Houses - only the first week so far - and he's loving it, he likes Marsha because her voice is fun, which yeah, it is. Marsha is...well, very fun to write, really.

I think he's read some of my other past Sims seasons, so really I'm just trying to convert him to our ways.
    Maybe he needs to compete in something...hmm.

[Might ask him to build the merge house, if he wants to. Find yourself a fellow Simmer, folks.]
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    My boyfriend started reading Two Houses - only the first week so far - and he's loving it, he likes Marsha because her voice is fun, which yeah, it is. Marsha is...well, very fun to write, really.

I think he's read some of my other past Sims seasons, so really I'm just trying to convert him to our ways.

[Might ask him to build the merge house, if he wants to. Find yourself a fellow Simmer, folks.]

Send him the biggest thank-yous from the creator of Marsha Marshall himself. :)

Pretty interesting - he might be converted... Gewbleh Gawbbewl! Wan uf Ush!

"Find yourself a fellow Simmer, folks."
    I am reminded of this story of Rosana and Wouter. A Dutch couple who met eachother as Simmers and are now happily married with children. :blush:
    Banner.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    My Creativity got wild again, and here is what I got :D

vIakUlJ.png
    UQ6WILz.png

What do you think?
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    YJB19299 wrote: »

vIakUlJ.png
    UQ6WILz.png

What do you think?

Yellowish...
    Banner.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member

vIakUlJ.png
    UQ6WILz.png

What do you think?

Yellowish...

But yellow is such a vibrant colour, and it is almost appropriate because we are heading towards summer :joy:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member

*gets my partner to join a show too* XD

Well have a season where it’s just everyone’s loved ones, and we all watch in agony as they don’t play right XD
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    My partner won't play, He's not very competitive and isn't a fan of reality shows. :'(

Though I bet my Great Aunt Margie would, That would be funny. :D
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member

You've got a boyfriend already? Oh my, what am I doing with my 21 years of living on Earth without even dating anyone other than my guitar.

giphy.gif
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »

You've got a boyfriend already? Oh my, what am I doing with my 21 years of living on Earth without even dating anyone other than my guitar.

You’ll get there, Choco. For now, a guitar is a good enough substitute - you can hug it tight to your body, at least.

It took me until this year for a proper relationship, at least. It’s just about finding the someone, or them finding you. Which isn’t always so easy, I suppose.
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    My partner won't play, He's not very competitive and isn't a fan of reality shows. :'(

What if we all managed to convince a relative or parter or friend (someone?) to compete in a season of a BB-like show? Imagine how interesting it could be...
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member

What if we all managed to convince a relative or parter or friend (someone?) to compete in a season of a BB-like show? Imagine how interesting it could be...

I think any group of people forced tp play a reality show is interesting, but this would be ESPECIALLY fascinating :o
    Turner wrote: »

I think any group of people forced tp play a reality show is interesting, but this would be ESPECIALLY fascinating :o

Oh yeah true.

Forcing people to play reality shows needs to happen more often, though I guess it's not very nice...
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Make them think they're going to an all-you-can-eat buffet but actually signing them up for a season of survivor, I like this idea.

Yeah, though guitars are not very comfortable objects to cuddle with to be really honest. They're also cold on the outside :joy:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    Hey Everyone, over the next two weeks I may be a bit more off to messages more then usual as I have recently been approved a lease and will be moving out from my parents house soon. I still want to be in the games I am playing just want to keep everyone informed. I'll try my best to continuously check the forum during this time.

Also #TeamKayle (for ZP)
    #GoLucasAndEthan (for Jetset)
    and #TheIslandHype (The Island)
    and finally #JusticeForPorsha (for Abnormality)
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif

Send him the biggest thank-yous from the creator of Marsha Marshall himself. :)

Pretty interesting - he might be converted... Gewbleh Gawbbewl! Wan uf Ush!

"Find yourself a fellow Simmer, folks."
    I am reminded of this story of Rosana and Wouter. A Dutch couple who met eachother as Simmers and are now happily married with children. :blush:

Pinstar (the creator of the Legacy Challenge) and ImaginingMystic also met because of The Sims 2 in their early 20s, and now they're married with kids :')

vIakUlJ.png
    UQ6WILz.png

What do you think?

First one looks like a Maya rival, given more high couture clothes :D